• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Peaches and Puffs! What does this mean for Link?

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Since Genesis there has been a definite upswing In Peach and Jigglypuff mains. Is this good or bad new for Link. Or does it make no difference:confused:

Skler

Smash Master
More puffs and peaches is only good news for Link. Sure it isn't an advantage, but it's much better than Fox/Falco/Sheik.

rhan

Smash Hero
^What this man said.^

I find it easier to play aginst them as Link. Peach is just camp catch tunips. Jiggs is camp, bomb, dair.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fighting Fox, Falco, Sheik with Link is akin to trying to stick your arm halfway into a tank of angry piranhas and pulling it out quickly enough so you don't get eaten.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I agree, anything that makes less fox falco and shiek mains. I find peach and puffs much easier to spam with rangs and bombs. They're good characters to use fairs and dairs on also. Which are good punishing moves that against other high tier players are harder to get away with.

JFox

Smash Hero
doesnt link have small advantage vs both peach and jiggs? I would think that more people playing them would obviously be a plus lol. just make sure u learn the matchup

Spife

Smash Master
Agressive jiggs: Link has no response. ****s to fast.

Also: wtf matchup thread gais

Skler

Smash Master
The only advantage Link has in the high tier is samus. Jiggs and Peach both have advantages over him. If Link could run/jump faster he'd **** them :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
doesnt link have small advantage vs both peach and jiggs? I would think that more people playing them would obviously be a plus lol. just make sure u learn the matchup
No, he still loses because they're good characters and he's not.

He just does less bad than usual because his toys and Nair are more effective against characters who don't run circles around him, and who stay in the air for a bit after jumping.

Skler

Smash Master
No, he still loses because they're good characters and he's not.

He just does less bad than usual because his toys and Nair are more effective against characters who don't run circles around him, and who stay in the air for a bit after jumping.
KK is the One Who Knows.

I wish Link's shield game wasn't so abysmal.

Legan

Smash Lord
Peach is the bane of my existence, I think link used to go pretty even with her in the past but this matchup seems to get worse for me as the metagame evolves. Pink shinobi & armada are the worse thing to ever happen, all peaches play like them now.

Skler

Smash Master
I'll never understand why people are worried about campy peaches. Link can stick close enough to prevent turnip pulls and land lots of projectiles if they try and run. Not many other characters can follow an opponent who runs around on platforms with projectiles as well as Link.

Aggressive Peach is scary to Link. There's nothing quite like getting grabbed every time you shield an attack.

Top Bottom