• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Links in tournaments lately?

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I'm so mad.

At a tournament's losers' bracket, my match was against a guy who simply spams forward on his C-stick. "No problem!" I owned him the first match. Second match, I killed myself and he wins. Third match he wins. I'm out of the tournament. One I could have easily placed in the top three. For some reason I can't take on the smash-spamming Marths. I could have chosen Snake, I could have Chosen Ike and won. I chose Link and got owned by a smash-spamming n00b.

blah. ok im done. i'll learn from this and do better next time. =]

D

Deleted member

I'm so mad.

At a tournament's losers' bracket, my match was against a guy who simply spams forward on his C-stick. "No problem!" I owned him the first match. Second match, I killed myself and he wins. Third match he wins. I'm out of the tournament. One I could have easily placed in the top three. For some reason I can't take on the smash-spamming Marths. I could have chosen Snake, I could have Chosen Ike and won. I chose Link and got owned by a smash-spamming n00b.

blah. ok im done. i'll learn from this and do better next time. =]
i got knocked out of my tournament by a marth player, i think his name was Clel

he was beastly good, pretty sure he got 4rth

linkvalen

Smash Rookie
i actually haven't seen any other good Link players at all....only me. i think the only reason noobs start playing as him is to spam his arrows like they do with Pit O_o. But i really wish people would take the time to master Link's true abilities and give him a good name in tournaments.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
i got knocked out of my tournament by a marth player, i think his name was Clel

he was beastly good, pretty sure he got 4rth
But you don't understand. This guy was BAD. B-A-D. I was so ashamed that I lost to him. It's strange because I took out smashy-dashy Snakes and Tornado-MKs but I can't beat a smash-spamming Marth. It was just really frustrating. lol.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yeah, I lost a wifi match to a horrid Snake player and was ashamed. I could feel his badness. He didn't even drop the grenades to throw them better. Whatever thats called. :p

Finns7

Smash Ace
Not any major tournaments (local I **** though) in my area so wifi is all I have. In my online tournies my only problem is fatigue. I dont care as much because aib tournies go on about 5 hrs sometimes and by that time I dont play as hard. This and going against Wolf does not mix because ALL WOLF'S SPAM this is a smash fact and in lag its hard timing your spot dodge against a laser beam followed by a fsmash.

Deva

Smash Lord
Ok, what actually happened was, you prolly got hit by the f-smash a few times and it started to annoy you so you couldnt think as clearly. Then when you got hit more it really discouraged you and you couldnt think of a way to punish it so you ended up losing. Long story short, you chocked. But hey, just something to work on and it'll become easier the more tournament experience you get. Once you can keep your cool, you'll realize, "hey, all he's doing is spamming smashes. He doesnt think while he plays. I can punish him every time with a Shield grab." Trust me, the more tournaments you go to, the easier it gets to keep a cool head while playing.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Wolf's fsmash goes through your shield and behind you in a lot of cases and he can spotdodge after his dsmash so he can pretty much avoid your shieldgrab, which is still pretty frustrating. I don't know, I absolutely hate facing Wolfs because they're ****ing annoying as hell. If you try to approach with a sh z-air, they can f-smash and it'll go under your z-air and hit you. It's so ********. They're b-air is really gay to Link's recovery and the match up overall is so dumb for Link. But then again, I'm just playing a lot of these Wolfs on Wifi and wifi makes Wolf better, while it makes Link worse. =/

Deva

Smash Lord
Again, it's just about keeping your cool and watching your opponent. Wolf can't be punished for his d-smash the way marth can, so try something different. if he can spot dodge after his attack, try up-b. It'll hit after his dodge ends. Or if the Wolf is really good, just roll away after the d-smash. Dont even try to punish it, but rather set up a new situation that can right away. Maybe jab after the roll since he's most likely to follow you after the roll. Or try jumping backwards out of shield into an air dodge and a zair. There's always options. Just try to pick one that will get the job done.

Deva

Smash Lord
ohh, btw, there's a really good chance I'll be going to Axis this Saturday o_0. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I was expecting a response like that. I know that online proves nothing.
*sighs*

Yeah. D:

That makes me really sad since where I live, I don't have any good competition for offline at all. So, it's either a technical beatdown offline that my opponent sucks to hard to resist, or it's wifi. And, well not ALL wifi is as bad as it sounds but it's still not good. I think wifi gets a worse wrap than it should, I know it's not perfect by any means but still. Then again, that might be my mind wanting to think that from not having anyone good for offline.

On the bright side, you can learn a lot online. It may not reach technical satisfaction, but if you play smarter then you can always win. It really teaches you how to think during battle.

Legan

Smash Lord
*sighs*

Yeah. D:

That makes me really sad since where I live, I don't have any good competition for offline at all. So, it's either a technical beatdown offline that my opponent sucks to hard to resist, or it's wifi. And, well not ALL wifi is as bad as it sounds but it's still not good. I think wifi gets a worse wrap than it should, I know it's not perfect by any means but still. Then again, that might be my mind wanting to think that from not having anyone good for offline.

On the bright side, you can learn a lot online. It may not reach technical satisfaction, but if you play smarter then you can always win. It really teaches you how to think during battle.
Correct, While online doesnt prove much from a technical standpoint, You can still learn alot about reading your opponent and mindgames. Ive trained at least 40+ links from smashboards/youtube/aib over wifi and they've all said it's improved their overall game.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Ok, what actually happened was, you prolly got hit by the f-smash a few times and it started to annoy you so you couldnt think as clearly. Then when you got hit more it really discouraged you and you couldnt think of a way to punish it so you ended up losing. Long story short, you chocked. But hey, just something to work on and it'll become easier the more tournament experience you get. Once you can keep your cool, you'll realize, "hey, all he's doing is spamming smashes. He doesnt think while he plays. I can punish him every time with a Shield grab." Trust me, the more tournaments you go to, the easier it gets to keep a cool head while playing.
Yeah, don't get to frustrated, I play about 10 times better versus my brother's wolf (he fsmashes a lot) and if I get frustrated he ends up chaining it on me, because im not DIing out the hits you can DI out of it, etc. Don't get to pissed off at Marth, just throw bombs at him. :o

Deva

Smash Lord
idk, from my stand point it really depends on the connection. If there's even a little too much lag I can perform half the stuff I'm trying to, which just makes the gameplay awkward and hard to read your opponents in general. But that's just me and sucking online. If the connection's decent enough though it can help Link users that are relatively new to Link.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
idk, from my stand point it really depends on the connection. If there's even a little too much lag I can perform half the stuff I'm trying to, which just makes the gameplay awkward and hard to read your opponents in general. But that's just me and sucking online. If the connection's decent enough though it can help Link users that are relatively new to Link.
i'm not that new to link but do you mind giving me some pointers.
do you think we can fight or can you look at my vids to see what i need help. and thing i hate lag online if there's lag i dont even play with that person.

Top Bottom