• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Links in tournaments lately?

Silmarien

Smash Cadet
So I went to a local Brawl tournament this past weekend. I was surpised to see that at least four of the players used Link once or twice in their best-of-three matches. Watching their game, I didn't think any of them were particularly good (they all lost. -__-). Luckily I placed 7th out of 33 players. But it was strange to me because not even a month ago I was often the only player who used Link competitively in my area.
This might only be a local thing, but is anyone else seeing Link pop up in tournaments more?

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
i believe the only reason people play Link really is because he's popular and has this cool factor to him.

to actually win with him takes alot of practice. When brawl was first announced, the people who played the demos picked Link more often than now because there was no teir list

I don't think there's any burst in Links but the link community is growing (especially on wi-fi) it's just not growing as fast as some other characters

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
Seeing on how link has been in smash since the original, hes become a fan favorite with his ''HIYAS'' and such. I love the long eared guy myself personally.

D

Deleted member

i was the only link at the JCCC tournament yesterday :\

D

Deleted member

Did u make us proud?
Singles Results: 50 entrants

1: darkrain (donkey)
2: Karmacide (snake)
3: Goat (mk)
4: Clel (marth)
5: Duck (Robot)
5: Affinity (mk)
7: Nynja (diddy)
7: 8bit (kirby)
9: ArkiveZero
9: AA
9: Jace
9: Audio
13: Pk Kid
13: Steven
13: dmac
13: Cameron
17: PyroD
17: Stealth
17: Alex
17: Phat
17: Xion
17: West
17: Attk
17: JTurley
25: Ashen
25: Monkey
25: Artik
25: Playa
25: Le
25: Chris
25: Tanooki
25: Benjamin
you tell me

Swordplay

Smash Lord
if you place well in a tourney with Link...go show it in Ankoku's ratings.....most of the low/bottom tier chars aren't represented at all.

4Serial

Smash Lord
yeah seriously, this/last month, Link has had no decent tournament placings according to his statistics, making him be at the BOTTOM OF BOTTOM TIER
seeing that **** made me cry

Silmarien

Smash Cadet
I placed high at a local Play N Trade tourney on Saturday. Maybe I just got lucky. :>

THANKS FOR COMING OUT AND PLAYING GUYS!

we had lots of fun and sorry it was kinda hot...

ok, the standings:

1 Connor
2 Markus Ramirez
3 David Gonzalez
4 Sam Azikhami
5 Kevin Huynh
5 Marcus Amato
7 Anthony R (Me, Silmarien)
7 Kevin Trinh
9 Clint Davidson
9 Daniel Smith
9 Don Tran
9 Michel Ceballos
13 Josh Theologidy
13 Jing
13 Mario Z
13 Ian Redford
17 T
17 Alex Tracy
17 Squall
17 Wyatt Westling
17 Steven Skolos
17 Cameron Walters
17 Austin Vittner
17 Nam Ho
25 Gabriel Gonzalez
25 David Kakar
25 Chris Weir
25 Brandon Sisola
25 Adam Flores
25 Jeremiah Stanley
25 Kevin Weir
25 Alex Frobe
33 Jared Gonzales
33 Mark Lewis
33 Dylan McCormick
33 Steven Bagdasarians
33 Josh Gillette
33 Caleb Chew
33 Connor McCormick
33 Chris Marley
33 Mike Weir
33 Ross Libman
33 Christian Ramirez
33 Jake Engelberg
33 Mitchell Kennamore

CONGRATULATIONS CONNOR!

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Well, I win all the local tournies in my town with only Link... but that's really not saying much. People here suck. D: Whatever, free prizes for me. lol

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Well, I win all the local tournies in my town with only Link... but that's really not saying much. People here suck. D: Whatever, free prizes for me. lol
Very nice. My town doesn't even have local tournies. :< Wish they did. But I have fought some of the better brawlers in my town, like the best Fox in my town. Got him down to one stock. It was a good match.

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, I didnt know about that tier list thread or I woulda put my results up from the past 4 months XD, so I'm sorry, I coulda gotten Link a bit higher on the tier list but i didn't know. On a good note, I'll be going to another tournament this weekend, so wish me luck. I plan on first....unless my bro's TL wins lol, which it usually does.

edit, good shiz khai

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Who here knows of the Brawl clan WT? They had online tournies called "The Battle of the Lions" and I participated in one that I got 2nd. Losing to Pink4Life, a beastly Olimar. It's an online tourney though so I don't know how much credence that'll earn our boy in green.

D

Deleted member

Who here knows of the Brawl clan WT? They had online tournies called "The Battle of the Lions" and I participated in one that I got 2nd. Losing to Pink4Life, a beastly Olimar. It's an online tourney though so I don't know how much credence that'll earn our boy in green.
olimar is #bad so you'll get no sympathy from me

goodkid

Smash Lord
Done. I tried to follow the format best I could. >_>
This is Silmarien by the way. New username.

I'll try to place top 10 at Aznforce V this Sunday:http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179731
Why a new username,? Silmarien is unique & memorable.;)

ArdeS IMO is a boring unmemorable name, and its all about the names, because you want people to remember you.:chuckle:

Oh, and you want to make top 8, not top 10, because its only points for top 8, and its not a tier list.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Why a new username,? Silmarien is unique & memorable.;)

ArdeS IMO is a boring unmemorable name, and its all about the names, because you want people to remember you.:chuckle:

Oh, and you want to make top 8, not top 10, because its only points for top 8, and its not a tier list.
Well the name Silmarien comes from the novel The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. I didn't want my name to be the name of a princess anymore. :urg:

ArdeS was thought up mainly from my real name, anthony resendes
I wasn't aware the word 'ardes' meant 'you burn' in spanish until i googled it. lol xD

I'm not out for people to remember my name; only my character: Link

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Well the name Silmarien comes from the novel The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. I didn't want my name to be the name of a princess anymore. :urg:

I wasn't aware the word 'ardes' meant 'you burn' in spanish until i googled it. lol xD

lol i really though you changed the name on purpose to the real meaning in spanish

Evla

Smash Cadet
I play as many characters for Brawl. But in tournies I always pick Link since the original smash. I've placed 1st a couple times on both Melee/Brawl. And yes I play with good players

Deva

Smash Lord
smash fact: no one smasher has the same perception of what a good player is than any other smasher.

goodkid

Smash Lord

Haha, ArdeS isn't a bad name, names can be personal, and I guess it does sound like a better name for a Link player, but who am I to tell who you are.:chuckle:

smash fact: no one smasher has the same perception of what a good player is than any other smasher.
As everything when you dont have definitions of what good/bad, long/short, fast/slow, [insert antonymous here] is. We just need to get a definition like "clear classic at normal" or something.

Deva

Smash Lord
nah, I was just referring to the poster above me. It's funny what different people consider "good" lol.

Top Bottom