• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Fonz Video's

fonzi21

Smash Ace

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not particularly impressed by terrible players getting destroyed by Ganondorf. Sorry. =/

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to hear you think they are terrible players. I advise you to play them yourself before judging them. Lou, Nope, and Champ are all three on the Ohio Power rankings, and place very well at tournaments. I could care less if you want to say something bad about me, but do not disgrace my friends who are very good players without playing them for yourself. Also I'm not sure how you watched all those video's in 11 minutes?

But you are entitled to your decision, and I respect that.

Superspright

Smash Lord
garbage players make you look sexy as hell. I'm J/K. The ICs weren't good though. They got like 4-5 grabs. That should have been game. In my mind, you lost it, if the person behind them knew how to do the chaingrabs you'd be wrecked, and they only started desyncing blizzards and stuff at the end. Which is what they should have started with, and then moved for grabs more. Oh well.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Let me correct myself, rather, those players were playing terribly.

Like I could point out many, many situations where I know I would have done something different if I was playing the matchup vs Ganon. None of the stuff you did was particularly amazing, just those players fell right into it.

For the record, I was watching the matches vs Wario, G&W, and DDD, and I decided not to watch the ones vs the Ice Climbers and Falco, which are for most practical purposes matchups that are not worth watching.

This is different from those matches of you vs Alphazealot, where he was playing pretty decently overall, but you played MUCH better than he did, actually making use of what technical advantages Ganondorf does have. These matches here...just a lot of "x person walking into one of Ganon's attacks".

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I feel like your game is overall based on mind ****** the opponent coupled with Ganon tech. I don't know if you know every match up so well, but your sheer reading techniques and ability to fake your opponent make you really threatening. I watched the both Falco ones and the DDD one too. The DDD was meh, but I was impressed with your play against the Falco, which is where I really saw you read and mindgame him effectively. good matches

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Ahh, well the way I play Ganon and brawl in general is to make people walk into my attacks. If I set you up for a grab or a smash, and you get hit by it then my trap was well set. AZ walked into a lot of my attacks as well, and the Diddy matchup is very different then other match ups. I understand almost every character match up and play them each quite differently. Fighting Diddy kong is a battle of tech skill and banana control. I set up banana traps and use map control to a serious advantage against Diddy. Wario is a mind game battle. Trap him into grabs because It only takes 4-5 hits plus a grab to kill him. Falco gets his chain Grab, after that he has trouble killing. Ganon does not. I can go on about my match up knowledge which I was trying to share with these video's. I.E. different things I use against people I play every day.

Don't take this as an insult, but I'm not here to impress anyone. I posted the original video's against AZ because I figured people could maybe learn what to do in different situations against Diddy Kong. I learn most of my stuff through video's. People asked for more Video's so I posted these. The videos verse AZ he runs me for the most of the matches, but I get 4-5 hits and trap him into a smash and boom stock. Ganon's entire game is based on making you run into attacks. He is very low tier and has very limited options.

X person walking into one of Ganon's attacks. Good mind games + Traps or bad players. Your decision.

I am not an amazing player and never claimed to be. I am just here to share my knowledge to anyone willing to listen.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
7:44 of the Wario vid says otherwise.

If you actually went Ganon in singles more than Lucario, you'd be the best Ganon in the world.

:034:
QFT

I never meant to say you didn't really know your matchups, if thats what it came off as, I just meant that I feel like your mindgames surpass your matchup knowledge, which is abundant already I'm sure.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Don't mind A2, he loves trying to discredit people by pointing out flaws.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I also just watched the wario vid.

O_O God **** grab release mindgames ftw

I feel so stupid. I thought I knew everything about Ganon but I didn't even know about the Fsmash :'(

fonzi21

Smash Ace
QFT

I never meant to say you didn't really know your matchups, if thats what it came off as, I just meant that I feel like your mindgames surpass your matchup knowledge, which is abundant already I'm sure.

No no, it wasn't directed at you. I posted that before reading your post hehe. And match up knowledge is never to the point of knowing to much =D And Im glad I could help you! that's what I wanted from these video's

And Sorry TP I'm always torn between Lucario and Ganon in tournament. Lucario's F-smash is ****, and Ganon is well......Ganon, (need I say more? lol)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You were really impressed by a downthrown wheel to backair, TP? :\ I was expecting something much more amazing, lol.

Also, I very much understand Fonz' predicament. It's very hard to choose to go Ganon in tournament (as much as we may love him) when we regularly play characters with so many more options.

TP

Smash Master
You were really impressed by a downthrown wheel to backair, TP? :\ I was expecting something much more amazing, lol.
That **** is better than the wombo combo (lol jk).

Hey fonz and PX, you guys need to start using :034: in all your posts because he represents Ganon.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You need to work on your tech chasing. Other than that, I don't see a problem.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I am always trying to improve and understand match ups better so I am curious to what made the Diddy matches more impressive then these previous ones?
Well, your Ganon was more 'On his toes' in the Diddy Matches, so to speak.
He was faster and buffered more.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Well, your Ganon was more 'On his toes' in the Diddy Matches, so to speak.
He was faster and buffered more.
First off I agree, playing Diddy does feel faster and looks better, but game play wise I am un-sure of whether or not it was different in the level. I make plenty of mistakes in my game trust me. I am not disagreeing nor am I agreeing with your opinion on whether these new matches were less impressive as you say, but hopefully this makes sense.

Diddy kongs (especially AZ's) plays quite aggressive and faster paced. It can be played slow, but most play aggressive. You have to adapt a different play style for different match ups in my opinion. Against Diddy I have to be able to play at Diddy kong's speed. This is why my Ganon looked faster. I can agree my tech skill was not exactly perfect in these new matches, but my tech skill can always improve.

I have to be faster against Diddy, and I have to adjust to his level of play. I have tried to dictate the speed of play against a Diddy and it never seems to work. Against Falco, I can dictate it more, and it's sort of boring to play and watch as I have to shield a **** ton, and trick them into my combo's. Wario I just need to get my pot shots in until I can grab him, also a very campy and boring game. D3 is the same, space until I can get a hit in. otherwise get grabbed and eat a lot of damage. Ice climbers is weird, not champs best performance, but it gives some idea for people of what I do against them. Game and watch I hate playing because It's very campy as well. I dictate those match ups to be played slowly, because Ganon is slow. He has little options and has to wait for his hits. Dictate the speed of play against your opponents to control the match.

Perfect example of someone who dictates game speed is Ultimate Razer. If you watch him play he is very flashy and very aggressive. He is in your face with grenades, C4, and tilts all day. he FORCES you to play at his speed, and if you can't adjust you will be in for some hurt. Making people play at your speed, brings them out of their game and can cause them to make serious mistakes they wouldn't normally do.

Diddy kong I have been unable to dictate there speed of play so I adjusted to play at that speed so it seems to be a faster paced game. These other match ups are slower and less interesting to watch (and less fun to play). I wish it was about looking good, but I am playing to win.

TP

Smash Master
Also, I played TP at no koast!
This is true.

I got him down to 1 stock in IIRC 2 of the 3 games we played, but couldn't quite put it away. I love fighting Snakes. One of the only hard matchups that is completely enjoyable. (I'm looking at you, MK/DDD/ICs/Falco/ROB/G&W/Sheik/Marth/etc...)

Top Bottom