• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonblasting the competition! The Psychic/Fairy type Gardevoir for Smash Ultimate

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I reckon due to Pokemon generally being popular subjects to use for fusions, which does make sense.
I haven't seen that many. The most I've seen is them being humanized into cute anime characters.

I think it's interesting tho. And more gardevoir is cool in whatever form :D

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Greetings from the Shantae and Bandana Dee threads (although I do recognize a few of you from the Shantae thread)! Good luck for today!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Real talk, as disapointing as it would be to see Gardevoir as a Pokeball Pokemon again, it would be a bit of a relief.

Means that Gardevoir didn't get the Isaac or Ray mk 3 treatment. Nobody wants that unless there's DLC on the cards.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Real talk, as disapointing as it would be to see Gardevoir as a Pokeball Pokemon again, it would be a bit of a relief.

Mans that Gardevoir didn't get the Isaac or Ray mk 3 treatment. Nobody wants that unless there's DLC on the cards.
That is a good point. I would rather her playable, but her in the game would be nice

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
That is a good point. I would rather her playable, but her in the game would be nice
I'm in the same boat, while I would love to see Gardie get in as a playable fighter (which has a real legit chance of happening), her reprising her old Pokeball role is just as good, we still get her in the game in some form (playable or assist), granted if that happens, then my support would go towards Incineroar (who happens to be my favorite Fire-type Starter).

Same goes for Waluigi (my favorite Mario character, who's been an assist for the past 3 Smash Bros games).

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm in the same boat, while I would love to see Gardie get in as a playable fighter (which has a real chance of happening), her reprising her Pokeball role is just as good, we still get her in the game in some form.
I just hope they at least update the Pokeball effect.
My disappointment with the Pokeball Meowth especially is that he says nothing, not even had Maddie voice him when he was one in 64 before she passed away, but I enjoyed the Pay Day move.
I'm glad Gardevoir at least shouts its name, but its effect is so...underwhelming. I get it fits with it being a guardian angel but come on, it can do more.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I just hope they at least update the Pokeball effect.
My disappointment with the Pokeball Meowth especially is that he says nothing, not even had Maddie voice him when he was one in 64 before she passed away, but I enjoyed the Pay Day move.
I'm glad Gardevoir at least shouts its name, but its effect is so...underwhelming. I get it fits with it being a guardian angel but come on, it can do more.
Agree with ya on that.

Granted Gardevoir can speak telepathically if she got in the game as a playable fighter (no doubt they'll use her anime voice).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not a fan of just a reflecting gardevoir, even if it's nice to see her in the game. I'd want to see her have more, and to be playable would be sooo cool compared to any of that. Anyway, gonna enjoy what there is, and who knows!

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Well I wanted to update the thread now but I feel it's too late since I was going to add its appearances + detailing its most notable appearances. Anywho Direct in about 10 minutes excited.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Come on Gardevoir. If Shantae doesn't appear I hope its you. 7th gen rep can wait till DLC I say~

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No Gardevoir but hooray for Isabelle.

Plus this confirms semi-clones, Lucas-style are still a thing. There's hope for Gardevoir in there.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Isabelle...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, with Isabelle confirmed as a Semi-clone that means that even the most accurate and trustworthy leakers are completely in the dark about Echos.

Gardevoir could still make it, even if all the main characters have been leaked.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Incineroar is looking to be the Pokémon rep if there is one. If we're opening the spot up to Pokémon from any Gen, Gardevoir would IMO be the better choice.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let' stop to appreciate/anguish that Gardevoir is still not disconfimred/MIA this close to release.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Let' stop to appreciate/anguish that Gardevoir is still not disconfimred/MIA this close to release.
Yeah it's quite interesting that it has yet to be shown, I'm honestly feeling it might somehow be dropped entirely out like how Wobbuffet was (granted I just assumed its lack or presence during the BW anime resulted in that) but here's hoping for playable still. I really want them to go back to adding a older Mon rep like they did back in Brawl with Pokemon Trainer, I feel people were too focused on bringing Mewtwo back to really focus on that for a newcomer during Smash 4.
Also here's more Gardevoir picture references.

And my favourite Twitter account which posts a picture, every day:
https://twitter.com/fltr_gdvr

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well everyone seems to be jumping on the Incineroar train, and truth be told Vergaben has been right with everything he has said so far.

Though even if Incineroar is in, if we still never see Gardevoir as a pokeball, I think that gives us a very big chance for her as DLC.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Well everyone seems to be jumping on the Incineroar train, and truth be told Vergaben has been right with everything he has said so far.

Though even if Incineroar is in, if we still never see Gardevoir as a pokeball, I think that gives us a very big chance for her as DLC.
That's the idea, though I do I wish if they did continue to add whatever new Pokemon TPC feels like pushing or just to represent whatever happens to be the latest gen, they add another Pokemon who has stood the test of time as well. Similar to how they added both :ultpokemontrainer:and:ultlucario:in Brawl. I do not think it is likely but I think it is much more exciting and would make me care for discussing new Pokemon reps with Smash fans again instead of usually disregarding the idea of any non latest generation Pokemon.
i love gardevoir!
Gotchu
captain gardevoir.jpg

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
That's the idea, though I do I wish if they did continue to add whatever new Pokemon TPC feels like pushing or just to represent whatever happens to be the latest gen, they add another Pokemon who has stood the test of time as well. Similar to how they added both :ultpokemontrainer:and:ultlucario:in Brawl. I do not think it is likely but I think it is much more exciting and would make me care for discussing new Pokemon reps with Smash fans again instead of usually disregarding the idea of any non latest generation Pokemon.

Gotchu
View attachment 165504
While the last 2 games have given us 2 new pokemon in each (brawl with trainer and luicario, Smash4 with Charizard(since he is on his own he is kinda new) and Greninja), I don't think we will get 2 unique newcomers from the same series this game, at least in the base roster. Feels like Sakurai wants to expand the series being rep with echos mostly, or large fan requests(ridley, K rool, and Isabelle) Plus since it feels like every new smash may be focusing on the new game in the pokemon series, for base roster, DLC is the best bet for gen 3 and gen 5 to get a rep.

And the best way to represent both is Gardevoir with a Gothitella echo, well at least the most effienct way.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
well even if they do happen to add Incineroar, there is a chance of Gardevoir and a fifth get echo could be added to rep all seven generations. I actually can get behind PapaGeno's logic on the notion of the possibility that "Sakurai sees people request for mons being focused on gen representation and adding reps based off that". Still call me a hater, but I'd rather see Gardevoir alone without Incineroar or a different pokemon added

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Hoy! I just wanna pop in to say if we were to get another Pokemon in Ultimate, I'D LOVE IT TO BE GARDEVOIR! Really, they're one of my favourite Pokemon, I'm a huge sucker for Fairy types, and I'd really love a popular non-gen 1 pokemon to get in.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Hey, chaps.
I'm a slight advocate against Incineroar in Smash, and if any new Pokemon should be added, i'd go with Gardevoir (+Gothitelle, why not, that leak kinda had me hyped). I always loved her design and main her in Pokken.

Sign me in is what i'm saying!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I support, Gen III is the one I grew up with and Gardevoir is my favorite psychic type after Gothitelle. If both of them got in that would be a dream come true.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well there's a Gen 3 song on the blog today.

In this strange world, some people are taking that to mean no new Pokemon whatsoever.

I'd take it as another sign...

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly music theory was too Farfetch'd. Yeah, I take this Gen III song as a very good sign, it could really happen!

zferolie

Smash Hero
gen 3 music would be a fun sign for Gardevoir to come. and then if that happens what shall vergeben say? Oh the sources meant he was DLC or something.

Top Bottom