• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monty Python's Flying Mafia - SCUM VICTORY, Vult/Doop win the game!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We have time. I am not going to let a no lynch happen.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Vote Ryu if you don't want to die. I am not wagoning Kouseband.
Spak Spak You have shown support for Ryu wagon. Now is the time to vote Ryu.
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Vote Ryu.
Vult Redux Vult Redux I need your vote on Ryu. Do you think him mixing up players now is obsolete?

It's either Ryu or Gheb. Time for people to decide which path to go. Kouseband is the fallback lynch at this point.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Vote Ryu if you don't want to die. I am not wagoning Kouseband.
Spak Spak You have shown support for Ryu wagon. Now is the time to vote Ryu.
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Vote Ryu.
Vult Redux Vult Redux I need your vote on Ryu. Do you think him mixing up players now is obsolete?

It's either Ryu or Gheb. Time for people to decide which path to go. Kouseband is the fallback lynch at this point.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see why toDay should be between Ryu and myself. While I see the point in lynching Ryu I think he's "lazy"/null rather than scummy right now. I'll vote him if it comes down to preventing my own lynch but I really don't ses the necessity of making it a matter of either him or me. I've yet to see a good reason why we shouldn't lynch Kouse and as long as there's a chance that we can lynch him my vote is going to stay on him.

:059:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
vote: gheb - this is L-1 I think, claim please.

I'm a little bit salty that you guys haven't really done anything with Nabe, who I think is the scummiest person alive, but whatever, Gheb's a fine lynch. I went over most of his stuff before, but I was re-reading and this post jumped out at me:

I'm really not getting how I'm in consideration for a lynch tbqh. I can understand why people think I'm null or something but even the idea that I'm supposedly a decent fall-back lynch seems really strange. If you just don't agree with how I read Kouse that's one thing but drawing a scum-read on me based on that seems pretty drastic and that's most, if not all, what seems to bother people about me. If it comes to fall-back lynches Nabe, Ryu and Kouse are still better choices and I'm not sure what Spak has done that makes him more worthy to keep around than me.

I'm not gonna change my stances on these issues just because you don't like them. I think Kouse is individually scummy and I can see where Ran is coming from when he says Fanny is individually scummy as well. I also see a connection between these two as I've pointed out before. It makes a lot of sense for me to look out for a Kouse/Fanny scumteam. It would make ZERO reason for me to not take a stab into that direction. No idea what you guys want from me.

Actually, it's quite hypocritical - on the one hand you guys accuse me of not trying to assume Kouse's point of a newbieTownie, on the other hand you yourself don't consider the possibility that I'm just pursuing my scumreads at all and just assume that I'm going after him because he's a new player.

It reeks of scum complaining that they got caught. It's three paragraphs of "man this shouldn't be me, and I don't see that much salt coming from a town player under heat.

RR's #310 gives me some pause with the bit about not being sure Kouse is scum but liking Kouse lynch anyway. I can see the point, but it looks a lot like him trying a new angle to get Kouse into the lynching pool in an attempt to stop his own lynch. My read on RR has degraded a lot over the course of the phase, but it started high enough that I'd only put him at null now, and I'm unwilling to lynch him over Gheb.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just for reference, what's the current votecount? Consider my vote on Ryu, but I don't want to end the phase early if 4 people are already trying to lynch him. I still think that Kouse is the best option if we can swing that way as I kinda want to judge RR while not in a slightly drugged indecisive state. I think that Ryu is more likely to actually contribute tomorrow and we'll stay at odd numbers if Kouse has to get modkilled (pluses for Kouse over Ryu), but RR is my second choice at the moment.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Only one vote on Ryu at the moment. Nabe unvoted.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
OK, I'll wait until around 9 or 10 to cast my vote; Ryu's decisive defense of Kouse's slot turning to apathy about Kouse's survival makes a Kouse flip give us more info about Ryu than the other way around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb, you should claim. I prefer Ryu now but we only have until tonight, having your claim out in the open would be beneficial for the town. You should also vote Ryu.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not going to claim.

Kouse is still the best lynch and insisting on Ryu/myself is absolutely counter-productive.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dooplissity Dooplissity
I don't consider "Whatever" an acceptable stance after my last post to you. Don't leave my response alone, and then expect to jump on me D2 as if it didn't happen
If we had more time in this phase, believe me, I would be all over it. Clogging up the thread when we're trying to sort between our viable lynches is counterproductive, and much to my chagrin, you're not among them, so I'm not going to add noise. Depending on who flips what, you very well still might be my favored lynch tomorrow. If that's the case, I'll go back and address that post then, when it's relevant.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright. Thoughts on the Kouse slot? I'll be around to hammer if need be. I want Ryu but I don't see that happening now. Confused about Nabe right now.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Alright. Thoughts on the Kouse slot?
personally I'm praying for a vig/modkill/replace.

it's like... why waste a lynch on a null slot? everyone's points against him mean nothing (I know that sounds mean but imagine I'm saying it nicely). I don't think it's a good idea to treat his posts as we would an experienced/active/whatever player. if he's a PR he wouldn't even be able to claim. we should treat him as an inactive/MIA null slot.

Maven89

Smash Master
The Vote Count

Kousband (2) - Spak, Gheb
Volt Redux (1) - Kousband
Gheb (4)- Fandandox, Red Ryu, Vult Redux, Dooplissity
Red Ryu (1) - Ranmaru

the NOT VOTING Vote Count

- Sir Not Appearing in this Game
- Nabe

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is in 4 hours

@Kouseband will be replaced by Xiivii start of Night 1

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Vote: Red Ryu

Since Kouse has a replacement now, I'll let Xiivii have a chance to redeem the slot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Last chance to vote Ryu.
Dooplissity Dooplissity Can I interest you with a Ryu wagon? Can you explain to me why you are voting Gheb again?
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe So why are you fine with joining a Gheb wagon after stating the wagon didn't feel great?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
it's like... why waste a lynch on a null slot? everyone's points against him mean nothing (I know that sounds mean but imagine I'm saying it nicely). I don't think it's a good idea to treat his posts as we would an experienced/active/whatever player. if he's a PR he wouldn't even be able to claim. we should treat him as an inactive/MIA null slot.
^this

It's doubly true now that he has a replacement incoming, but it's worth nothing that some people wanted to lynch an inactive newbie slot, which is about a giant glowing neon "mislynch bait" sign as you can get.

There's not really a lot we would've gained VCA-wise either from what was essentially a policy lynch. If he flipped Scum then that would be great, sure, but if he was Town then we'd just be SoL.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Last chance to vote Ryu.
Dooplissity Dooplissity Can I interest you with a Ryu wagon? Can you explain to me why you are voting Gheb again?
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe So why are you fine with joining a Gheb wagon after stating the wagon didn't feel great?
No. Like I said, despite some of his recent stuff being kind of iffy to me, he read very strongly Town for most of the day, and Gheb's never been better than null. If we were between Ryu/Someone Else I might consider it, (and even then probably not) but I think Gheb is a far stronger lynch. See: the below quoted post and my more recent post on Gheb.

hint: it's because nabe is a scumbag

Anyway, I disagree with pretty much everything in Gheb's #231. You all keep trying to apply veteran player logic to kouse, and that's fundamentally flawed. I talked about this earlier, but he's not parroting as part of a greater strategy. He's a new player - he saw something agreeable and agreed with it. Occam's razor dictates that's it's a lot more likely that he's just a new player playing weakly (sorry!) than heavily thinking through his actions - I actually think his weak play is indicative of town!kouse, as scum!kouse would be getting coached hardcore. His disappearance gives me pause, I admit, but I still think the slot is town

Gheb's #232 is worse. He criticizes Fan for discrediting Ran and calling Ran out on making an easy push on a new player. I did that far more than Fan did, going as far as voting Ran with a wall of accusations and listing Kouse as a solid townread. From Gheb's PoV, if anyone is Kouse's buddy it should be me, since I've been defending him and pushed Ran early. Even if he thinks that Fan's behavior was worse than mine somehow, surely doing what I did is worth a callout, given that Gheb is scumreading Kouse the hardest? Yet Gheb doesn't even mention me at all - why? I think this is because his read on Fan is fabricated. Town!Gheb should be all over me, but scum!gheb gains nothing from pushing me when nobody scumreads me, and would much rather cast shade on Fan, whose's taken heat from several players, notably the very aggressive Ran.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: Kouseband

I'll stick with this unless you guys give me something better.

like there are even small things like this that bother me

this post is casting an easy vote on a free target, and already saying he's going to opportunistically swap if another wagon catches momentum, but later on he's all "why aren't we lynching kouse"? if he's so convinced, why does he give himself an out here? if he's not convinced, why does he later ask why we aren't on kouse? it's just off

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fair enough.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu If you have time, can you go into Spak for me, in detail. Anyone else please discuss Spak for me. Thanks.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's a mock like. To show that I see his post but I am not going to respond any further since I stated I was done with the conversation. Now answer me.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
ran and rr need to kiss and make up so that we can lynch scum.

you guys are making me nervous

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright. I'll drop hammer in my next post. Gheb doesn't seem to be fighting that hard for his lynch, which is weird.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(I lied, next post I promise)

Maybe he's asleep?
Gheb said he'd vote Ryu before he's lynched, so I would expect he would stay up to at least help out with the wagon. How do you feel about hammering Gheb, Spak?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
If we had more time in this phase, believe me, I would be all over it. Clogging up the thread when we're trying to sort between our viable lynches is counterproductive, and much to my chagrin, you're not among them, so I'm not going to add noise. Depending on who flips what, you very well still might be my favored lynch tomorrow. If that's the case, I'll go back and address that post then, when it's relevant.
Uh, add noise. Nudge it into collapse tags if you're concerned about the cleanliness of the thread. You're suggesting you have a negative opinion that you're not voicing until a period of time has passed, which is at least pointless and at most annoying and detrimental.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe I told you it seems like game theory, but I did answer you alongside that, yet you didn't reply to that. You are only trying to draw out a resolved conversation to create a distraction. There is nothing else for me to respond to especially since you did not ask another question. You are the one that needs a PR action tonight, and I would suggest someone investigate you.

Unvote; Vote: Gheb

Top Bottom