• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monty Python's Flying Mafia - SCUM VICTORY, Vult/Doop win the game!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vult played well,

Ran...ugh why did you tunnel me and never try to level with me. You never believed anything I told you when it was the truth. That is why I want you fed before Doop.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sorry. I tried to give you a chance but I was paranoid you were just trying to fool me. Plus you only had doop as questionablw, if you had a stronger read on him I might have reconsidered. I do take blame for it too but just be aware I had some probs with your play.

So I admit to tunneling but I was trying to re-evaluate. Then I looked at your Gheb vote and I just stuck to you.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I was referring to the 'don't care if ran dies' part. And ok.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
[7/5/16, 10:49:30 PM] Michael DS: I think we can seal Ran’s fate

[7/5/16, 10:49:40 PM] Michael DS: I’m gonna call you into the thread

[7/5/16, 10:50:03 PM] Connor: i'm doing things rn though

[7/5/16, 10:50:38 PM] Michael DS: not urgent!! I just want to look like I’m being proactive and ask you to weigh in on certain things

[7/5/16, 10:51:17 PM] Michael DS: don’t worry I won’t rush you unless Nabe puts out his vote hahaha

[7/6/16, 2:01:43 PM] Michael DS: I think the best move for us is for you to mayhe concede on a few things about Ran, but still have him as null-towb, or maybe not your preferred lynch. Add more pressure on Nabe too. (Maybe reiterate how "obvious" the d2 execute was to save Nabe). This will justify Nabe's suspicion of you and Ran being a team, hopefully leading him to vote Ran (I put in work yesterday to make you look better than Ran). OR it might lead Ran to vote Nabe, which is also good

[7/7/16, 10:09:17 AM] Michael DS: I think you should clarify that you got flavor from the mod when you tried to shoot. Ran and Nabe both got flavor result and they might notice that you haven't mentioned that

[7/7/16, 11:04:56 AM] Michael DS: If you come in with a strong post, we win

[7/7/16, 7:37:36 PM] Michael DS: Everything okay?

[7/7/16, 7:59:10 PM] Connor: not particularly

[7/7/16, 7:59:31 PM] Connor: i'm gonna delete this after you read it because #personal

[7/7/16, 8:00:40 PM] Connor: so I just have not been in the mood to stress about mafia

[7/7/16, 8:00:59 PM] Connor: I know it's REALLY ****ty to lurk lylo and I genuinely feel bad about it

[7/7/16, 8:01:16 PM] Connor: but I just don't have much desire to play

[7/7/16, 8:01:32 PM] Connor: and I can't exactly /out in lylo either

[7/7/16, 8:02:00 PM] Connor: I'll muster enough will to get through it though

[7/7/16, 8:02:52 PM] Michael DS: You should replace out if you need to

[7/7/16, 8:03:53 PM] Connor: if I don't post real content by tonight I'll /out

[7/7/16, 8:03:55 PM] Connor: hold me ot that

[7/7/16, 8:52:57 PM] Michael DS: Alright, check in with me if you can. If not, I'll understand

[7/7/16, 8:53:20 PM] Michael DS: I'll try to end the game tonight

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
(For the stuff about my misinterpretation)
What I meant was that misunderstanding sarcasm/jokes/posts in general doesn't really mean anything by itself. When you incorporated them into your case, though, I was able to spin it that you were purposely doing it (which scum could and would feasibly do). Maybe if you had any doubt it would have been better to clarify those things? It's hard to say whether you could "improve" that because tone doesn't translate well over writing in general. I use humor a lot as town and I tried to emulate town!me as much as I could. I think it was just situational that we weren't on the same wavelength and I was able to turn that in my favor when I saw an opportunity.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I honestly did not know they were joke posts. :p

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree bro. Its cool though, I learned from this and I did enjoy it. We shall be town buddies another day.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
How would you expect me to engage with it?
Voice reasoning that specifically tackles the issue(s) addressed, instead of a general "this is right/wrong". It very much felt like "shrug, Nabe's wrong, let's continue the game," which isn't okay when two players agree on the issue(s) in a five-person lylo.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well you might have seen more reasoning if you continued to talk to me, which you didn't. Maybe I could have said "Well I usually like being aggresive as town as I am free of guilt and I go all out to find scum, which gives me a thrill." Is this what you mean? I thought this was the first time you have seen me this way and thought some meta could give you an idea on my current playstyle. On the record, yes I am no nonsense and I still don't get why you mentioned that.

Spak Spak You stated my voting was over-doing it, buy I don't think you have seen my early game play before. Usually I replaced into each game you were in. So there was enough information to make solid reads instead of doing things to shake **** up.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak You stated my voting was over-doing it, buy I don't think you have seen my early game play before. Usually I replaced into each game you were in. So there was enough information to make solid reads instead of doing things to shake **** up.
That's true. Now I know what town!Ran is supposed to look like early-game, so I'd call this a valuable experience.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah. It should be the norm with a normal setup but I may play differently depending on my role. Also if someone has already shaken **** up I don't have to do it as well. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Game went the wrong way from the very beginning.

Kouse would've been the best play for D1 by far, Doop/Vult unnecessarily coming to his defense by using the "he's new"-excuse was telling. Though I admit that me refusing to claim wasn't related to this game in any specific way. I just think dGames as a whole needs to change its way of thinking when it comes to lynching people. Just wagoning people without much care and hoping a claim fixes things is terrible and still happens way too often after all these years. In fact, I believe that's exactly what happened to me because the reasoning on why I was voted was very thin from all the people that voted me. Read back and try to find anything from Doop, Vult and Ryu that really convinces you that I had to be lynched - that's 3 of the 5 votes required and there's no substance behind it. That's something I think people should've noticed, quite easily actually.

:059:

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree. Wagoning without substance is pro-scum.

Top Bottom