• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monty Python's Flying Mafia - SCUM VICTORY, Vult/Doop win the game!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am fine at keeping my final decision at Ryu.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If people really think I am a mafiaroleblocker, then why do you guys think I unvoted Spak day 2 when I thought he got put to L-1 when Vult voted. Vult voted Nabe, earlier into that day. I thought he voted Spak, I unvoted.

Why would I do that if I was with a mafia executioner? My action's don't line up with knowing I had one. If anything it lines up with not trying to rush the day down.

Me as a mafia roleblocker doesn't make sense.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't believe you. That unvote was weird in that you stated l-1 when he was l-2. I don't see how you could confuse Vults vote on nabe as a spak vote.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
One thing that rubs me the wrong way is Ryu stating he liked my play D2. What exactly did he like? The day was pretty short, and him using the execute as a reason for me not getting to the massclaim explanation is in distaste. Notice how most of his reads are re-reads and not genuine reads from the get go.
that you weren't in a tunnel on me and had an endgoal

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't see mafia rushing the day as a setup for an execution. Mafia would try to look good before the execute goes off.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't see mafia rushing the day as a setup for an execution. Mafia would try to look good before the execute goes off.
There is no reason to do that when no one knew it was a thing til it dropped.

I was gun-ho on lynching Spak, I didn't want him rush lynched when there was more to talk about.

You really think I faked all of that? bullcrap.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Please go into this more.
Why unvote when the day can just end immediately and I can explain it all away.

I can easily explain I wanted Spak to be wagoned and just explain it off as, "I didn't know have had that!" Why unvote and ruin that chance when I had zero knowledge of Vult switching to him?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Then you would be forcing yourself in the situation where you rushed the wagon, which from your pov as you explained, you would know about the executioner. You ask us why we think you unvoted, and now you explain you could have voted.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I can easily explain I wanted Spak to be wagoned and just explain it off as, "I didn't know have had that!" Why unvote and ruin that chance when I had zero knowledge of Vult switching to him?
I did suggest that I was willing to change my vote to Spak

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Then you would be forcing yourself in the situation where you rushed the wagon, which from your pov as you explained, you would know about the executioner. You ask us why we think you unvoted, and now you explain you could have voted.
But why unvote in the first place? Yes I would have looked worse but we aren't all jumping on Vult because of it. It gave me personal doubt but it was removed because he has actions that matched up with me jailing him. Rather than just a VT or faked role.

If he faked a role I would have caught him and given with Vult my current assessment is that it made sense to me for Vult to only be the executioner if mafia, granted I should have considered him to have a partner who did it for him but given the situation it removes that possibility.

Vult is town for me and really matching up actions makes more sense to me for him to be town.

Me unvoting still doesn't make sense given I was the first one to vote him and I removed it almost immediately once he hit L-2 because I thought he git L-1 when Vult actually voted for Nabe.

You think I pushed for it then hedged my bets on Vult dropping another to seal it up for an executioner rather than leaving my vote on Spak?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I already stated you would unvote to look better, while letting those who voted Spak looking less good, from your scumpov. Notice this was two posts after Vult voted Spak.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I already stated you would unvote to look better, while letting those who voted Spak looking less good, from your scumpov. Notice this was two posts after Vult voted Spak.
Why would that be better than leaving it when I post on day 2 makes it clear I thought it was L-1 and not L-2.

You think I fabricated all of that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You can with the knowledge of an executioner. You can fake that reaction knowing no one voted him. Especially since you could see me questioning him. It would be more genuine if you looked at the vote count to double check but you just stayed off. Plus your explanation of thinking Vult voted spak is off since he stated he was willing to switch to spak.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You can with the knowledge of an executioner. You can fake that reaction knowing no one voted him. Especially since you could see me questioning him. It would be more genuine if you looked at the vote count to double check but you just stayed off. Plus your explanation of thinking Vult voted spak is off since he stated he was willing to switch to spak.
I faked thinking he was at L-1....right. Because I thought so well to pretend to think Vult voted Spak instead of Nabe.

You are reaching hard.

Plus your explanation of thinking Vult voted spak is off since he stated he was willing to switch to spak.
Wrong.
I saw he voted and thought it was spak because :phone:. I didn't read anything else into his post. Then I saw you voted and unvoted.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes. It is only speculation. You could have unvoted without actually thinking of the context, and only thinking 'I must look town' and there you state that no l1. Then your explanation now can be a cover up to help the fact you did not think about it. Since, it seems you did not even read Vults post.

'Because mobile' is not a valid explanation as to why Vult seemed like he voted Spak when he stayed right below voting he would switch to spak.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am done arguing this. I made my position clear. I will be back tonite.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes. It is only speculation. You could have unvoted without actually thinking of the context, and only thinking 'I must look town' and there you state that no l1. Then your explanation now can be a cover up to help the fact you did not think about it. Since, it seems you did not even read Vults post.

'Because mobile' is not a valid explanation as to why Vult seemed like he voted Spak when he stayed right below voting he would switch to spak.
It's valid when the text is smaller and I am doing it on the go.

hint hint, I post shorter when I am.

also why I didn't fully read his post and was aiming for what he voted at the time because I am on mobile.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Power went out just now. But I will be around as soon as it comes back.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Apologies for the lack of posting. SGDQ going on has sucked up my free time, and ****'s Gotten Real(tm) in RL. Ask me **** so I'm not being useless in LYLO. I'm gonna read the whole day in a bit, for realsies this time.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
so I'm gonna write out all my thoughts.

Nabe Pros:
- Really good play D3. Lots of great insight, expanding on my my ideas and adding his own. Relevant discussion on roles and flavor, helping narrow down possible teams, etc etc.
- Uh I guess that's it but honestly I'm just really impressed. The above is a really strong pro.

Nabe Cons
- Mafia could have executed him D2 and didn't.
- Passive play early D1, no play D2 (can't really fault him for the latter)

Ryu Pros:
- He verified I wasn't lying about being RB'd.
- His NAs fit Town Jailer slightly better than Mafia RBer.
- His attitude toward claims fit town!Ryu.
- Town Jailer fits the setup.
- He position in the game makes any other player (from my pov) unlikely.
- He's probably town.

Ryu Cons:
- Not as proactive D3.

Ran Pros:
- Very active all game. Asked good questions. I honestly felt he was scumhunting.

Ran Cons:
- Preferring claim order fits mafia!Ran more than town!Ran.
- Same claim as Doop.
- Got enough votes to be executed but wasn't executed.
- Weird case on me, many points stemming from misinterpretations (possibly deliberate?).
- Nabe's #589 highlights a major logical oversight that Ran made (and not to toot my own horn but my post probably helped inform that post). It doesn't "confirm" Ran is scum per se, but town!Ran is probably less likely than mafia!Ran to have made that mistake.

Doop Pros:
- Proactive all game. Added more to discussion even while tunneling on Nabe.
- Cooperated with me on (what I thought were) good lynch ideas.

Doop Cons:
- Same claim as Ran.
- He's a likely partner for Ran.
- Not here much D3 so it's hard to get a solid read on the slot. Seems like he has a good reason but still.

and that's it. I'm sure I've missed some things but those are the most relevant parts. If Nabe and Ryu confirm they are on board I'll vote Ran. I feel more confident lynching Ran than lynching Nabe or Doop.

I don't want to say too much but NAs might clarify last mafia member.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have done what I can. I am still set on Ryu, and I will check tomorrow. Just be prepared to lose the game if I am lynched. You know where I stand. Good night.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
/out

this is ****ty to do and I'm extremely sorry to all of you, but I have had so many things go wrong in the past few days that I just can't play this game

if my life stops being ****ing insane before a replacement gets found I'll take this back, but it's not fair to the game to have a dead slot in lylo

it has been a pleasure playing with you all

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
^ sorry to hear that. :(

Fwiw it doesn't change my preference though. I'm not nearly as confident about scum!doop.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Actually I'll just vote: Ranmaru

Since Doop replaced out the only other votes are Ryu and Nabe so there's no chance of a surprise hammer from votes I'm not already expecting

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am town. Still don't get your aggro points and how that would = scum. Anyway, I share part of the loss for pushing @Spak , sorry dude.

Maven89

Smash Master
Ranmaru (3) - Vult Redux, Red Ryu, #HBC | Nabe

Not Voting - Dooplissity, Ranmaru

And that's a lynch! Ranmaru was Lancelot, Fake 1-shot Vigilante, Town
Night 4 begins! It will last 48 hours

Last edited:
Top Bottom