• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monty Python's Flying Mafia - SCUM VICTORY, Vult/Doop win the game!

Maven89

Smash Master
And that's the end of the night phase!

Red Ryu, How Not to be Seen, Town Jailer, has been killed in the night!

#HBC | Nabe, Nudge Nudge Sketch, Town Fake Voyeur, has been endgamed!

Vult Redux (RB and Paranoid FBI Agent)

and

Dooplissity (Executioner)

Have won the game!

Full mod notes will come later, including infomration on the execute and a full explanation on everyone's role!

Until then, post to your hearts content!

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
GG Vult. I forgive your arguments because you were scum.

Ryu, I don't know man. I try to convince you on vult.... Also that hop on Gheb was bad.

Nabe. I have no words.

Spak, I am sorry for misreading you again. I know you play scum well so Its hard for me to get a bead on you.

Gheb, I am sorry.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Talk to me again about aggresiveness and 'no-nonsense'. I also laughed when Nabe said he would shoot me when I was fake 1shot vig.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also tell me again how Vult was clear.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
GG Vult. I forgive your arguments because you were scum.
I do think misinterpretation ("taking literal meanings" so to speak) is probably a small flaw in your play. I noticed that I could exploit that to make you look bad.

Similar thing happened with Gheb. I noticed a "flaw" (for lack of a better term) in his playstyle and was able to turn it into a lynch.

In both cases I was in strategic position where it was hard for your guys to argue against me.

The scum qt will probably be very exciting for you guys to read. Doop and I put A LOT of work into this game and I'd hate for the win to be attributed to the setup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What was the flaw in Gheb's play? If you could give me examples, that would help. (For the stuff about my misinterpretation)

Last edited:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Gheb comes off as overconfident (I mean this in s a nice way) and doesn't really elaborate on reads unless you pressure him to.

If he doesn't elaborate he starts looking like an uncooperative loony. When he wouldn't tell me why he thought I was town, I capitalized on that. He couldn't attack me easily because he had already called me town.

I also capitalized on Ryu mentioning he didn't like Gheb. With Fand's vote already out there and Ryu's and Doop's outstanding negative reads on him (Doop and I planned that read ahead so he could jump on safely), I was able to make a post rallying for votes. With four votes secured and a deadline looming, we were able to frame the wagon like there was "no other choice".

It helped that Gheb didn't claim

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok. Talk about me now bb, and how I can improve the miscomm flaw. Thanks.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I got flummoxed by a couple things. I discounted the possibility of Vult being an active scum role that could have noticed he wasn't getting results, because a scum FBI Agent didn't occur to me. It should have, given the overall weirdness of the character claim. That role would have made more sense in the large version of the setup, where there would have potentially been room for an indy.

I also discounted the possibility of Doop having a 1-shot Vig fakeclaim! I hope he made it up, because that would be much cooler than it being mod-provided.

I was pairing Ran/Ryu at the end, so good job breaking me. Why no Nabe push at the start of toDay?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Ok. Talk about me now bb, and how I can improve the miscomm flaw. Thanks.
we can talk about that later tonight!

Shucks.

Who is Dooplissity and why are you both Doopliss? This caused months of confusion.
uuuuh we talked about me revealing that i know him as part of strategy when gheb asked him d1. He said no. He probably doesn't care anymore post game and you could probably figure it out from the scum qt but I'll wait for him to clarify jic.

I convinced him to play before we were paired and switched my avatar before. Dumb luck that we got paired together

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I am town. Still don't get your aggro points and how that would = scum. Anyway, I share part of the loss for pushing Spak Spak , sorry dude.
No problem. You were playing the game and going off of a lead, so I can't blame you for trying to find scum.

Vult Redux Vult Redux Just out of curiosity, what was your reason for killing Kouse?

Last edited:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I was pairing Ran/Ryu at the end, so good job breaking me. Why no Nabe push at the start of toDay?
Since mid d1 we intended you to be the d3 lynch. :/ we knew you had a power role because of your post restriction, so I rbd you twice so that you would look bad with no results when claim time came.

Since ryu blocked my blocks and you did get results, that plan was out the window. I improvised and tried to get Ran lynched instead

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
No problem. You were playing the game and going off if a lead, so I can't blame you for trying to find scum.

Vult Redux Vult Redux Just out of curiosity, what was your reason for killing Kouse?
We had most of the town fooled and an extra pair of eyes could compromise our safe position. The other option was Fand because he refused to put me as a townread lol.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm really curious to find out who the double voter is. Doop and I noticed that wacky vc and it confused us the whole game. We assumed it was ryu?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Explain your argument that you had on me please. About being aggressive and stuff.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
This game got hard to read once i had the modinfo
Also t3chnically scum won once ran died because it was 2v2 and town couldnt outvote scum

Maven89

Smash Master
The Full setup!

SCUM

Vult Redux
You are...

Dinsdale Pirahna, Roleblocker and FBI Agent

Doug is on a break. You will stop anyone who gets in your way. Every night, you can pick one person and nail their head to the floor. This will serve as a roleblock. Simply send the command "Hammer: (player)" or "Roleblock: Player" and they'll be stopped dead in the tracks. At least, until someone pulls the nail out.

You're also aware that you're not alone. Spiny Norman is after you. Outside of your RB, you can also investigate one person every night, to discover if they're actually Spiny Norman. You cannot win when Spiny Norman is alive in the game. You are
mafia aligned, and win when your faction has a voting majority, or nothing can stop it. Your partner is Dooplissity, and you can talk to him here http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/B8pSVSEE3rTGM
-NIGHT ACTIONS: Night 1 - RB Nabes, Investigate Ranmaru
Night 2 - RB Nabes, no investigation
Night 3 - RB Ryu, Kill Ryu

-MOD NOTES: There was no Spiny Norman so he was already meeting that win condition, however every result would have been positive. It was meant to throw some confusion towards the mafia, but at the same time I figured there was a good chance they would figure out Spiny Norman was fake early on, in no small part because the video acknowledges Spiny Norman is just a delusion. However, Vult was roleblocked twice, and so never got a result. I'm curious how this would have played out, but I doubt it would have impacted the win. Otherwise he was just a roleblocker

Dooplisity

Maven89 said:
Silly General, Day 1-2 Executioner

Things have been getting far too silly around here in Dgames, and it's up to you to stop it. At any time during the first two game days, you can send me the command "Execute: (player)". If that person has half or more of the votes required to lynch, they'll die on the spot and the game day will end. However, you can only use this ability once. You are mafia aligned and end when your faction has a voting majority, or nothing can stop it. Your partner is Vult Redux, and you can talk to him here http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/B8pSVSEE3rTGM

When your ability is used, it will publicly inform the game that the day ended due to it being "far too silly", and definitely not because you couldn't come up with a proper hammer.
Actions - Day 1 tried to execute Spak, however he was one vote short.
Night 1 killed Xiivi
Day 2 he successfully executed Spak.
Night 2 killed Fandangox

MOD NOTES - Ok, this role is my bad. In a 12 man setup the execute was still very powerful, but would have at least required extra votes. As it turned out, the mafia could force a lynch Day 2 just by themselves. I didn't realize this until the mafia pointed it out in the scum chat, and I felt it wouldn't have been right to edit their roles once the game started. As it stands, this is just an incredibly powerful scum role. The use of the character in the execute was to force the Executioner to have to make up his own role/flavor if he ever claimed, which was a small point in town's favor

TOWN ROLES

Gheb

You are...

Man who Contradicts People - Rolecop

Every night you can pick one person to investigate and find out their role. If they have multiple roles, you'll only discover the first one. Subsequent investigations will discover the second. You are
town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been defeated.

Actions - None

MOD NOTES: This was a really important role to the town, as it would have revealed if a role was fake, and the mafia was made up of anti-town roles. Unfortunately he died Day 1 so it never got used. The flavor idea was that he would be contradicting people's claims, hence "Man who Contradicts People", as I saw a roleclaim being a likely outcome in this game. So there was a flavor reason for his role. Probably the most important role for the town.

Fandangox
You are...

Penguin on the Television Skit - Suicide Bomber
You're not sure if you came from next door or Burma, but you know your purpose. At any point during the day, you can give the command "Suicide Bomb: (target)". Both you and your target will EXPLODE.
You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been defeated.
Actions - None
Mod Notes - This is a role I made up when moving the game from 12 to 9 players, it was originally part of a neighborhood with Spak's role, and had no other powers. I figured removing it was neccessary for game balance (not sure if that was smart or not), so I turned them both into fake roles. I'm not very happy with Fake Suicide Bomber, I wish I had come up with a different role. If it had been used, all that would have happened was a mod note to the game informing people that the penguin on top of their computer had exploded, and then telling Fandangox he was still alive since he was the skit.

Kouseband/Xivii
You are...

British Constable - Cop
Wots all this then? Oh, right, it's a mafia role PM. Your powers of deduction have worked again! Every night, you can pick one person to investigate, and will be told of their alignment the following day. Simply send the command "Investigate: (player)" and your amazing police skills will take care of the rest.

You are

Actions - None
Mod Notes - Another fake role. This one would have received nonsense results ("Your investigations have confirmed that (Player) is, in fact, a coffee mug that you are currently sitting on. Smashing work!"). However, was killed night 1, and so never got to be used.

S_Defenestration/Spak

You are....

Gas Cooker Sketch - Neighbor searcher
Well turns out there's no misses G. Crump here, so you'll have to keep looking. Every night you can target one person to find out if they're misses G. Crump. If you find her, not only will she get a fabulous new gas cooker, you'll also be added into a neighborhood with her. Well isn't that nice. To target someone, send the command "Target: (Player)" at night.
You are
Actions - Target Ranmaru
Mod Notes - See Fandangox's notes for what this role was originally going to be. The role received honest results, however there was no Misses G Crump, so the role could never make a neighborhood.

#HBC | Nabe
You are...

Nudge Nudge - Voyeur
Oh, haven't they been naughty? Every night you can pick one person to watch, and you'll learn everything that was done in them, in all the dirty details. oh...yes, all of it. Simply send the command "Watch: (Player)" and all the juicy details will be yours.

You are
Actions - Night 1 watch Spak. Results : "Oh, wasn't he dirty? Got caught scrubbing the tiles, if you know what I mean. A little bit of soap in his sponge, eh? Bet he wouldn't mind some pine scented product running down his face, no sir, he wouldn't mind that at all, eh? Rawr"

Night 2 watch Red Ryu. Results : "Well, what have we here? A little tuff of hair, eh? He's been rather light on his shaving, if you know what I mean. Still, something to hold on to, eh? Rawr"

Mod Notes: This was another role that received nonsense results. Again, nothing much to say, other then I liked the skit and enjoyed writing the results. I feel it fit the flavor.

Red Ryu
You are...
How Not to be Seen - Jailer
It's a dangerous world out there. But thankfully, you know how not to be seen. Every night you can pick one person to teach them how not to be seen. They'll be protected from any night kill, but will also be unable to use their role that night, as they'll be too busy hiding. You cannot use your power on yourself, because where's the fun in that?
You are
Actions - Night 1 jail Vult Redux
Night 2 jail Vult Redux
Night 3 jail Nabe

Mod Notes - The other other real role for town. Jailer is a strong role, and I'm perfectly happy with the way it worked out. Due to the lack of real town roles, but at the same time being able to stop nonsense ones, this role had a real potential to clearing itself and helping to confirm others, without hurting town PRs. Funny enough, Vult sent in the kill Night 3, the one night Ryu didn't jail him.

Ranmaru
You are...

Lancelot - 1x Vigilante
Damsels! Women in danger who have great, heaping tracts of land! You are not going to stand by while their honor and lives are in danger! Every night you can pick one person, and you'll stab them good. You'll stab them real good. However, stabbing is exhausting work, so you can only stab one person before you have to sleep the rest of the nights. Basically you can only kill one person.
You are
Actions - Night 1 stab Fandangox. Results "
Adventure awaits! You rush off, crackling madly as you charge towards your mortal enemy. "ya-HA!" you shout, as you butcher the people in front of you. No less then they deserve, but as the dawn breaks, you look around the bodies and realize you accidentally slaughtered someone's barmitzah. Oh well, there's always another day!

Your one shot is returned to you"

Night 2 stab Vult Redux. Results: "You rush off on your trusty Patsy, sword gleaming in the sun. "Rawr, YA-HA!" you shout, as you chop the head off your adversary. It is only when the head rolls off that you realize you murdered Archduke Ferdindand, and not Vult Redux. Oh well, your sure there won't be any negative consequences to this.

Your one shot has returned to you"

Mod Notes: Another fake role that received nonsense results. I enjoyed writing them. Night 3 he would have dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, and Night 4 he would have killed Caeser and Abraham Lincoln.

And the very, very special

SECRET INDEPENDENT ROLE

EVIL EYE

Thank you so much for signing up bro, you are...

Sir Not Appearing in This Game, 12x Day 1 Dayvig

You are not allowed to post, or even read, the game thread. Instead just send me the command "Dayvig: Player" and I'll promptly post a picture of the official BBC sloth. This command can only be used once per game day. You are
not in this game aligned and so can only win when the game vanishes from existence.

Actions - None
Mod Notes - This was a role that was supposed to be in the 12 man game as a fake town role. I cut it, but decided to draft Evil Eye and send it to him anyways. As the game still exists, Evil Eye is a miserable failure. Also, because he never sent in the command I'm pretty sure he has no muscles, and probably puts ribbons in his hair.

Thoughts on the Game

The idea of the game was to have a simple setup that seemed to be way more complicated then it actually was. Both the flavor and the inevitable flips of fake roles would hopefully allow people to figure the fake roles out, which is what happened, so I'm glad of that. Unlike many fake roles, these fake roles were largely useless instead of detrimental, the only detrimental role being the scum paranoid FBI agent, which unfortunately never got used. The Role Cop was very important for the town, but they lynched him first, which made the execute that much more powerful. Both of the scum had pure scumroles, the Rolecop was almost full cop, especially if he targeted the Executioner. Going into the game, I was more worried about his role being overpowered then the Executioner.

On the Execute: Like I said in the mod notes, this was a mistake. I didn't intend for the mafia to be able to force a lynch Day 2 by themselves, but that's what the role gave them because I didn't think about the math of a 9 man game. Despite this, I do not think it's what made town lose. From everything I saw, the mafia played a great game, and would have won the game without it, probably at the same time they did win it. It's still very imbalanced, however. Cutting the day short in an information game like this was very brutal for the town, especially with the Role Cop dead. If I could only change one thing I would have removed this role from the game.

Lol @Dooplissity . He made up a role that just happened to be exactly what Ranmaru's role was, who claimed immediately after him. That's horrible luck, but he managed to play it cool. That's nice to see. Hope everything gets better for him.

In the end, my biggest regret was making this my first game. I really like the flavor and the idea of the setup, but now I wish I had modded a less ambitious concept first, so I could get a better understanding of how to do it. I hope you guys had fun playing it!

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
****ing hell. Without executioner they could have still won but I think it would have been a closer battle, with probably the same result.

Last edited:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
fwiw Doop was caught scum when Ran and Nabe both said they got nonsense results from their NAs and Doop didn't say anything about that. <_< I tried REALLY hard to generate as much other content as possible so you guys wouldn't notice.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I asked people to look at my post filled with flavor and no one really even responded.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
They did, they just lynched me. Although Nabe had Doop as scum... but chose me first.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
By the way, if we were just VT's there would be no 'CC' scenario here. I just realized that.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
TBG? What a classic interaction between the two of us, then.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Explain your argument that you had on me please. About being aggressive and stuff.
It wasn't an argument, just a statement of what I wasn't into with your slot. If you had engaged with it at all instead of crossing your arms and saying I was wrong, I would have given you more thought.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
TBG? What a classic interaction between the two of us, then.

It wasn't an argument, just a statement of what I wasn't into with your slot. If you had engaged with it at all instead of crossing your arms and saying I was wrong, I would have given you more thought.
How would you expect me to engage with it? Like saying 'you are right, its scummy of me being aggro' or something? Well. Now you know, I am pretty aggro, especially when town. My scum game has gotten better so who knows.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nabe you have been on my butt since mid D1. Is there ever a chance where Nabe and Ran can join alliances to body scum. Seriously. Ryu I townread a bit but couldn't really buddy with him... or you, and that hurt town.

Sigh

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Probably my fault for not even reacting to it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I was kinda hoping that whoever was G. Crump would catch on to my figure of speech in #428 ("Cooking with gas" since my role was selling the person I should have been neighbored with a gas cooker) or I could use it to leave a trail of breadcrumbs for semi-proof of my claim, but there wasn't a Misses G. Crump in the 9-person edition of the game and I was killed before massclaim. Oh, well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would have waited to see who you could confirm if not for the execute.

Top Bottom