• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monty Python's Flying Mafia - SCUM VICTORY, Vult/Doop win the game!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Distracting from what? The Gheb lynch? If I'm aligned with someone, Ran, say it before the flip.

I have answered this before. To express how I feel. Everyone else can see it. Also to be able to have a trail of what I dislike of Ryu. I have done this many times in past games too, and this is beginning to feel like game theory talk. It was me reacting to Ryu's play.

Purpose: To show how I feel, and to interact with ryu. I gain more from interactions then solely making a case without doing so. It also happened that it was my reaction to his play. I did not do it so his play could improve, since if I were I would be off Ryu by now, and I would not say it publicly, and he would go into all that anyway and reply to my case the same way.

So, I hope this helps you see ny thought process. Now, let us progress with discussing who goes today. I am done discussing this.
This isn't adequate as any sort of response to my question of motive. You didn't gain anything by "interacting" with Ryu, and (more importantly) as you've expressly said in response to my asking you, you did not expect to gain anything by "interacting" with Ryu. Then you're talking about what I've said as if I was theorizing that you "did it so his play could improve". I'm not talking about meta discussion of playstyles here, whether in public or in private, because any such discussion is irrelevant to motive. "Telling Ryu he's playing badly so he'll play better" is not on my list here of "Why did Ran say this?" to nudge my pen across.

If you are saying that you had no motive to posting your "reaction to his play", then frankly:
This comes across as fake, and you get no points for stating this, this late in the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Exactly, my read was already developed there. It was not a test. It was only to express feels. If you want, you can look at my meta and see I do it plenty of times. Simplest answer I can give, and I am not sure. Seems like you are trying to blow things out of proportion, and reminds me when you argued against my 'questioning' with Fanny. Good night.

Maven89

Smash Master
The Vote Count (at time of lynch)

Kousband (2) - Spak, Gheb
Volt Redux (1) - Kousband
Gheb (5)- Fandandox, Red Ryu, Vult Redux, Dooplissity, Ranmaru

the NOT VOTING Vote Count

- Sir Not Appearing in this Game
- Nabe

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is in 4 hours

A lynch has been reached! Flip coming up shortly

Maven89

Smash Master

"Well that seems to be an end to the time, and...yes, it does indeed seem that the "competitors" can indeed communicate, probably through chest bumps and scratchings, but their primitive little sewer brains have been able to scramble together enough monstrosity that is found deep in the human soul to select one of their own feeble-brained companions to be slaughtered like pigs that have so much more worth then these GARBAGE EATING PERVERTS that pollute the very air we..."

We at the BBC would like to apologize for the poor quality of that last announcer. We are pleased to report that he has been fired

We at the BBC-

"All right goddamnit, we've had enough of this. Your show was ****ing awful, it wasn't working, and no one likes British people anyways. I guess I'll run this too like I run everything else, you little *****.

So, let's see here. Ah, you all chose to kill Gheb. Oh, killing people in front of your God, well isn't that ****ing cheeky. And you wonder why I plan to just murder you all at the end. Whatever, here you go"

Gheb, Town Role-Cop, has been lynch!

Night 1 begins! It will end in 48 hours, 5/25 11:59PM CT.
[/B]

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
Confessional time: I'm on vacation for this week, and wasn't thinking about that when the game started. It should be fine, just a delay here, but there will be no flavor today and I recommend you to do some unofficial vote counts, as well as paging me if there's a kill

Xivii, town fake-cop, has been killed in the night.

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The latter. I was mostly also looking at the role name but realize it does say 'town'.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think we needed ghebs role to figure out this setup. Without him, I think we might need to mass claim today or tomorrow.

As for scum I think Fandango is a good direction to go in. Maybe Spak.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Without him, I think we might need to mass claim today or tomorrow.
Agreed.

Why not Ryu? Have you discovered anything in a re-read that has made him look more townie?

On a different note, do you think that we should investigate the Gheb wagon, or do you think that it could be almost all town since there didn't seem to be a huge push for it (aside from Fanny) and everyone was just like "meh, let's kill Gheb."

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
His reaction to my pushing yesterday seemed townie. My thoughts are that one scum would be on the wagon and one off.

Any updated reads spak?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
i'm actually more surprised at gheb's flip...

Why not Ryu? Have you discovered anything in a re-read that has made him look more townie?
i was thinking the same thing when ran didn't bring him up lol

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm pretty sure i agree but that requires me to re-read Fand which I haven't yet. I liked him yesterday a lot because he also didn't like gheb soooo

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You should re-read Fandan. Talk to me about Doops Fandango read and if you agree with my thoughts on it. I am also very interested in Spaks reads.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Talk to me about Doops
I don't think my doopliss read will change. i liked that he was willing to drop his Nabe focus to cooperate with the lynch I wanted (quicker than you did, I should mention - i was getting nervous that you wouldn't do it).

did you ever weigh in on Nabe-Doopliss yesterday? i have to read that too but you seem more up to date on the thread and I don't remember you ever mentioning anything about it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My only gripe is his fandan read. Otherwise everything else of his is pretty unique. I skimmed the nabe doop argument but it does not seem readable to me. Nabe talking about 'you can't pressure me to play a certain way' etc. It all reads as null to me.

I will need to re-read too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vult, anyone you want to look at?
Ryu, anyone you want to look at?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Any updated reads spak?
I have to re-read Fanny after we have Gheb's flip, Ryu still looks like scum, I like Vult now that I've looked into his slot, I expect Nabe to be doing more today from his self-proclaimed playstyle, I still like you, I want to see more activity from Doop because he pretty much coasted through the first half of D1 but have appreciated most of his content thus far, and I'm confirmed town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb flipping town made me re-evaulate reads. That leaves fandan and yourself, of which were pretty quite and were not really doing much.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Gheb flipping town made me re-evaulate reads.
But nobody except scum woulda known that Gheb would flip town, so that didn't answer my question from #382. Also, how exactly did it make you re-evaluate your reads? What led you to believe that me and Fanny are scum from the fact that Gheb flipped town?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
That leaves fandan and yourself, of which were pretty quite and were not really doing much.
Also, we were pretty quite what? Fanny was the main leader of the Gheb push and I was getting my wisdom teeth out, but we both posted more than some other like Nabe or Doop.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Exactly. It meant there was still two scum to look for. I couldn't continue to push Ryu when he reacts genuinely to my push. It was my only lead at the time. So now I am thinking harder on who goes today. I am interested in ryus reads today.

Fandan being leader of the gheb push means nothing. He posted that and was not that active, and gave some reads after that. You I have not seen pursue anyone, and I did not like how you held your vote on kouse until he replaced, when I asked for your support on Ryu.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why do you need to re-read fanny yet you know he was the leader of the gheb push? What do you think of the gheb wagon?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still like Nabe for Scum. I haven't done a full re-read yet, but his waffling on the Gheb wagon on page 8 is bizarre. He says he prefers it or Kouse, then says that he wouldn't go for it unless he had to and goes Ryu. Now that we know Gheb was town, it feels a lot like he was avoiding being on what he knew was a ML.

My only gripe is his fandan read. Otherwise everything else of his is pretty unique. I skimmed the nabe doop argument but it does not seem readable to me. Nabe talking about 'you can't pressure me to play a certain way' etc. It all reads as null to me.

I will need to re-read too.
tbh I think you just can't see why Fand's town because of your perspective, since you were against him. I don't even remember what Ran vs Fand was about now, I just remember feeling very similarly to Fand there, and I think someone else seconded that. (I want to say Vult? Was that you?)

Is there anything I can help you understand about Nabe? I feel like he's pretty far and away our best candidate right now. Maybe you can help me understand RR - he's still at null to me because he felt very Town early, but pretty Scum late, and that makes me uncomfortable b/c i'm obviously wrong about half the phase.

vote: nabe (and no I haven't forgotten about that post)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I really wish Gheb claimed...uggg, oh well.

Vult is solidly town to me.

Looking back on Spak again, going to reread later what he did towards the end of the phase later. Spak Spak You gonna vote me or not? Where you going?

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe What is your read on Ran right now?

ranmaru ranmaru What did you gain for the continuous push on me in terms of the other players?

Might need to give Fand another look with Gheb flipping town, not solid there. Same situation with Dupe. Don't think either is scum but want to give both a second look around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Spak read, others refused to join the ryu wagon like doop. There was not much support for it so not much. Wrt Spak, he did not vote you when I asked for support, he elected to keep his vote on kouse, who was not around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Doop I am still figuring Ryu out but at the moment he is getting better for me. I feel he would be a bit more transparent as scum. His wagon hop gheb was concerning so I would keep an eye on him in case he does anything opportunistic, but I like his posting today so far.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I did not like how you held your vote on kouse until he replaced, when I asked for your support on Ryu.
I voted Ryu in #343.
Why do you need to re-read fanny yet you know he was the leader of the gheb push? What do you think of the gheb wagon?
I read the game while it was going on, but I need to go back and re-analyze the slot; apparently I remember him being around more than you do. I think that the Gheb wagon probably has one scum in it, but town is so disorganized that they just went for the easiest lynch. I think the Gheb wagon was a bad move and Ryu would have been a better lynch.
Spak Spak You gonna vote me or not? Where you going?
Right, I forgot to renew my vote for this phase.

Vote: Red Ryu

I can already feel the OMGUS backlash lol.

I feel he would be a bit more transparent as scum.
What makes you say that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What is your point wrt #343? Are you saying you believe that its possible that there are no scum or still 1 scum in your lazy lynch scenario? Why do you suspect Ryu again? Will answer your last question after you respond.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What is your point wrt #343?
You said that I wouldn't vote for Ryu to support the wagon, but I voted Ryu in #343. I also said "consider my vote on Ryu" in #329, a good 6 hours before deadline.
Are you saying you believe that its possible that there are no scum or still 1 scum in your lazy lynch scenario?
I'd say it could be that scum just laid back and let town destroy itself, but I agree that 1 on and 1 off is more likely.
Why do you suspect Ryu again?
I don't know about Ran, but this wasn't ever the main concern about you this game. My main concern is that when someone has asked you for a read this game, you've given mostly whimpy gut reads and then have pretty much no evidence to support said reads. Then, when you're further questioned on them, you've given pretty bad reasoning that only looks at one aspect of a person's play, not the whole picture. You seem to be picking and choosing what you see in certain people to fit your read list, not analyzing slots so that you can place them on your list appropriately.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
But that's what playing brownie townie is -- a series of empty interactions (RVS), which people force context upon later to justify what's usually a shot-in-the-dark lynch. If you pressure me to play brownie townie, then you are expecting me to provide those interactions that you see as being necessary to the game. Naturally, asking for such interactions would make it hard to "call them out", because they were asked for... but that has nothing to do with what I've said at all.
This is blatantly strawmanning my argument. I never asked you to RVS or participate in empty interactions. I wanted to see you scumhunt and produce reads. The fact that you didn't, and instead opted to post very few reads or things not directly aimed at you means that you're not scumhunting.

Put another way, I didn't expect you to interact so that the Town could read you, I expected you to interact because you should intrinsically be motivated to find Scum, unless you yourself are Scum.
[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is this: if pressured to act brownie townie, I will, but that's ****ing stupid. For one thing, it's much more valuable to observe my current trajectory and see if I crash and burn, since in acting this way I'm clearly acting with some purpose or intent to what I'm doing, that you can conceivably hang me on later if it doesn't pan out.
I agree - you're clearly acting with the intent to coast by with minimal interactions that you could potentially get nailed on.
I don't buy for a second that you were acting as background town with the idea of "you don't need to read me, I'll just find scum and nail them to the wall", because you spent half of last phase functionally doing nothing, and another half flopping back and forth on Gheb until we deadline lynched him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just for reference, what's the current votecount? Consider my vote on Ryu, but I don't want to end the phase early if 4 people are already trying to lynch him. I still think that Kouse is the best option if we can swing that way as I kinda want to judge RR while not in a slightly drugged indecisive state. I think that Ryu is more likely to actually contribute tomorrow and we'll stay at odd numbers if Kouse has to get modkilled (pluses for Kouse over Ryu), but RR is my second choice at the moment.
I don't like that you use the drugged state as a reason not to judge Ryu.

OK, I'll wait until around 9 or 10 to cast my vote; Ryu's decisive defense of Kouse's slot turning to apathy about Kouse's survival makes a Kouse flip give us more info about Ryu than the other way around.
I feel keeping a vote on kouse was not doing any good and you wanted to keep it, and only until xiivi replaced did you remove the vote. There was also only 1 vote on him.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd say it could be that scum just laid back and let town destroy itself, but I agree that 1 on and 1 off is more likely.
woah wait what the **** is this

the people not on Gheb lynch were {Gheb, Kouse, Spak, Nabe}

From your point of view, if there's one on and one off, you should be on the obvscum Nabe.

@Ran: how likely do you think a nabe/spak scumteam is, because this makes it a real possibility for me. I was agreeing with the 1 on, 1 off line of thought but this post makes me reconsider that

Top Bottom