• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Chris aka Kiki

Smash Rookie
yo Kiki c avec kels chars ke tu joue a 3rd strike? et c ou ke ta lhabitude de jouer... tu joues chez toi avec tes amis, ou à l'arcade?

btw Soul Calibur c comme Smash... c facile de penser kon est bon.
Akuma(evidemment), Ryu, Makoto. Je joue avek mes amis pis nimporte ki ki ont joue a street fighter pendant leur childhood( 95% of my male friends lol)

Soul Calibur c tres different de smash, jpeux meme te dire qu'ils ont preske rien en commun apart attack and grag.(systeme, gameplay, speed, mind games) All on a higher level. Smash is cute next to Sc3 lool( Bowser so evil but so cute vs Astroth warrior of hell lol, Misturugi the one man army vs Fox the space animal hahahaha and many more.

Mais jaime joue a smash cuz c demande du skill mais jveux pas devenir super maniac comme pour mes autres. C ou Smash ou les autres. But i still look for challenge in all of them sinon il est ou le fun??

cF=)

Smash Lord
Est-ce que tu viens de dire que Soul Calibur, le jeux ou tapper sur A avec son pied résulte en un combo d'une proportion épique, est mieux que Smash?

FireDLuigi

Smash Rookie
I can`t believe there`s poeple here like round the clock.

Chris aka Kiki
SC VS Smash.

My backround:
I played SC competitively for about 2 years. Figured Top 3 in montreal and Could hold my ground vs Toronto. I’ve seen Chesterr play a grueling 4/7 finals, Twice because he was in losers bracket and here are my observations.

You have to watch out.

1- T'est sur un board de smash, there's necessarilly a bias.
2- 2d Vs 3d == Very different experience
3- GC controller VS Arcade Stick (the only way it is meant to be played)
4- 10 min matches VS 1 Min rounds

SC
Soul is fast and visceral without compromise like no other game fighting game I`ve seen in the past. You make 1 mistake in soul and you’ve pretty much lost the round at high level play. You don’t know all the characters, you’re screwed. It’s more of a knowledge game, the execution is ‘’relatively’’ simple. At World level competition play though you clip in the 2G(look it up). And the game just because absurdly weird and mind games are out the door. Master 2G own anyone who doesn’t 2G. SC is about knowing the game first then doing a little yomi on your carachter.

Smash
Smash is Pure Execution and pressure with speed that is matched only by MVC2. There are so many inputs per seconds at high level play in this game that it’s just too much for anyone to get to a high level play on their own without good practice partneres. There’s not much spacing or mind games in the pure sense as it is with SC and many other games but all of this is present in the sec per sec gameplay of execution that ensues. That’s why many smashers can commit to a single carachter and do well because there’s so much variety in the game but it all boils down to how much you can rush and pressure your opponent thus how well you can control your carachter.

I posted it earlier but will re-post.
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw
Everyone who plays any game competitively should read this.

Damax

Smash Lord
Loll, qu'est-ce qui se passe avec toi? Fait longtemps j'ai pas entendu parlé de toi et de Jih. :(
lol jsu genre a sherbrooke U, I got a new gettho man.

jih ya quit pis depuis qu'y a frapper bam jlai revue 2 fois donc une random au wal mart.

Cf: ouais jcrois qu'il comprend pas :p

yup ta raison luigi aucune mindgame or spacing. go play bam and cry for your mom, he screw your head so much every forward smash hit unless you took some dr.lambert sirup. he spaces so much that peach's nair looses to Ness's

also technicals players never got high in the rankings which means mindgames > technicals and button mashing. exemples? raynex's debut and Nox, Gino and Sony.

FireDLuigi

Smash Rookie
quoting myself:
There’s not much spacing or mind games in the pure sense as it is with SC and many other games but all of this is present in the sec per sec gameplay of execution that ensues.

"IN THE PURE SENSE" ... rather, "THIS IS PRESENT IN THE second per second OF GAMEPLAY EXECUTION.

Learn how to read b4 you diss. :)

Ps: Je diss aucun des deux jeux puis j'en mets pas un devant l autre. I just brought forth une comparaision.

Damax

Smash Lord
quoting myself:
There’s not much spacing or mind games in the pure sense as it is with SC and many other games but all of this is present in the sec per sec gameplay of execution that ensues.

"IN THE PURE SENSE" ... rather, "THIS IS PRESENT IN THE second per second OF GAMEPLAY EXECUTION.

Learn how to read b4 you diss. :)

Ps: Je diss aucun des deux jeux puis j'en mets pas un devant l autre. I just brought forth une comparaision.
in pure sense meant nothing till you defined it so its not a matter of reading well. Pure is extremly defined from your point of view right now.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
c'mon guise jsuis pas cave je sais ke SC et Smash c different... kess ke jvoulais dire c ke dans les 2 jeux, il est facile pour un newbie de penser kil est fort.

Also, spacing is important in EVERY fighting game: you wanna hit without getting hit. Smash c mainly un pressure game at low levels but at higher level il ya beaucoup plus de camping ke dans la majorité des jeux jai remarké, des fois ca tourne facilement comme 3s ou le monde cherche juste a se counter-poke... c juste ke ca parait moins pour les moins expérimentés pcq le jeu est très vite. Côté intellectuel le jeu a presque autant de mixups et un certain sens de space control ki varie de tableau en tableau... si tu joue kontre Damax fait pas le cave sur les plateformes!!!

Jpx pas de SC, pcq 3D is not my forte, however Luigi seems to know his stuff.

Damax

Smash Lord
If you read the earlier post it was already written that way, I just put it in caps, just for you :p :dizzy:
you contradict yourself anyway. you need a good training partner because there's a high input per seconds. WRONG most of the fast input comes from solo technical training. I don't try to learn to infinite with fox during friendlies at all.

I still think you ain't getting this good. you've been away for too long, you've got to see how pro smash is nowadays. there is little difference with SC nowadays

FireDLuigi

Smash Rookie
Agreed on the infinite practice.
Disagreed on smash is like SC.

The player experience is totally different at any level.

The fact that there are infinit's in smash make it much more like MVC2
Whereas the third dimension and more specificallt 8wr in SC necessarily makes for a totally different system.

Mais bon, let's not dwell on the all day

Pis je le sais que je suis totalement out as far as smash competition goes, but I still think I played enough of it during it's 5 year life cycle to not need a reminder on what the player experience is. :)

Ah oui and again, j'essaie pas de vous faire la leçon ici là.

Matt. => Workin, will check back 6ish.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
SC is a trash fighter that no one cares about.

it's kind of like smash, except without the mass amounts of nintendo fanboys to make it semi viable

WarranThad

Smash Ace
or mvc goodness.
of ssf2t godliness.
or vf5 balance.
or t5 monies
or mvc2's unique, so broken it's balanced gameplay.
or cvs2's mass rcing, but no one cares about cvs2 anymore...

WarranThad

Smash Ace
anyone actually play kof in NA? i thought it was just a japan thing. that game is too pro for me.

and cvs2 is still popular but most of the top players dont play anymore (former top players) because they're tired of it/don't think it's worth playing.

i still love it, but that's because i play at a level where there's no rcing and no real advanced tactics except for choosing top tier pro characters like blanka sagat cammy etc.

Damax

Smash Lord
The fact that there are infinit's in smash make it much more like MVC2
Whereas the third dimension and more specificallt 8wr in SC necessarily makes for a totally different system.
mais la différence encore ac mvc2 infinit pis smash infinit c que a smash le fox de shine tu peut le smash di pour baiser le fox. so ta genre 1 chance sur 3million de ten sortir au lieu de 0 si tu te fait pogner dans mvc2 lol

FireDLuigi

Smash Rookie
Broken, that word sends shivers down my spine.

or mvc goodness. = Overated
of ssf2t godliness. = Legend
or vf5 balance. = Meh but true
or t5 monies = Don't get it, excellent game though
or mvc2's unique, so broken it's balanced gameplay. = Variety = Balanace, see http://www.revolutiong.com/podcasts.php part 4 and part 5
or cvs2's mass rcing = Emergent gameplay to regain balance.

:cool:

Dmax: 1 chance sur 3million = Tu peux t en sortir :) Tu devrais jouer au 649

Damax

Smash Lord
Dmax: 1 chance sur 3million = Tu peux t en sortir :) Tu devrais jouer au 649
lol bin sa depend du joueur aussi la pis du character.. avec link du me waveshine 3 fois pis jsuis derriere toi. mais ac Drill = harder to get behind or move enough. fak faut qui screw up un peu en meme temps.

pis non jsu pas luckeux donc pas de 649.

jvien de remarquer sur ma sign que Jih me regarde comme un pervert LOL

Chris aka Kiki

Smash Rookie
FireDLuigi, when you talk you say helpfull things. Where did you do competitive Sc3? Please let me know. And in Mvc2, one of my favs games untill my cd f** up, after lookin for it for a full year, i saw it on a shelf for around 199.99 . My skills went down drasticly,i dont even wanna say that i was once good at that game lol. The speed of Mvc2 is Un-F**-human and unmatched in all the fighting games i've played so far. Smash is quik, cuz i play with Dk(uair frenzy), Falco dair, shine frenzy and Luigi( air supremacy ahaha).Im sure you need to be quik with any character yu play with evidemment. And I've never had to press SOO much buttons to do one thing lol.

BigRick, Chun Lee is just too good. I'm practicing how to parry easily her 100 kick special move. Hard as a mofo but looks soo skilled. I saw Justin do it on youtube, i fell to tha ground.

Damax, t'as des vids de ton Link sur youtube. Le seul bon Link ke jai trouve c Aniki.

South America are coocoo for all fighting games. Them and Japan(obviously). There's nuff people in NA though.

Damax

Smash Lord
Damax, t'as des vids de ton Link sur youtube. Le seul bon Link ke jai trouve c Aniki.
stai tu une question sa? LoL huh des video de 2005 probablement sinon non loll. Aniki yer ****ed up. Pis by the way me =/= Link main anymore, je joue cheap marth asteur. la sign date de 2005 aussi Jih est meme pu dans le compétitive smash, jarc remplace jih, pis GoSu Pwn just plus.

Apoc: LOL parce qu'il voulait pas s'assir au millieu pis que lambert(bam) demandais de faire un roche papier scisseau quelque chose dans le genre. mais la vieille on était tous peter thight sauf lui pis on (moi, bert, Kage) a rit 1heure non stop quand y'essayait de dormir pis ya pogné les nerfs pis a se qui parrait sa serait le combiné de toute ses frustrations qu'il a genre projetté sur bert. ah pi ils a dit que si yavais un gun il nous aurait tuer les trois ste nuit la. j'aurai du lire american psycho ac ben.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Apoc: LOL parce qu'il voulait pas s'assir au millieu pis que lambert(bam) demandais de faire un roche papier scisseau quelque chose dans le genre. mais la vieille on était tous peter thight sauf lui pis on (moi, bert, Kage) a rit 1heure non stop quand y'essayait de dormir pis ya pogné les nerfs pis a se qui parrait sa serait le combiné de toute ses frustrations qu'il a genre projetté sur bert. ah pi ils a dit que si yavais un gun il nous aurait tuer les trois ste nuit la. j'aurai du lire american psycho ac ben.
C'mon... Jih aurait du accepter la game de RPS

Bam aurait été facile a read... yé du type Avalanche koliss

EDIT: lol at ''Chun Lee'' dats how I write it from now on

Vwins

Smash Ace
stai tu une question sa? LoL huh des video de 2005 probablement sinon non loll. Aniki yer ****ed up. Pis by the way me =/= Link main anymore, je joue cheap marth asteur. la sign date de 2005 aussi Jih est meme pu dans le compétitive smash, jarc remplace jih, pis GoSu Pwn just plus.

ya faite une erreur comme tout le monde peut faire francois c pas qq1 de violent...

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
agred with you jo non mes serieux ta chercher a avoir un post free sen avoir besoin de pensé a quoi écrire

Btw so le fest sa va tu existé staffaire la? jveu gagner un peu d'argent avec toi la :)

floofy

Smash Cadet
Allo je suis de Sorel j'aimerais savoir si ya du monde proche ou du monde proche du metro honoré beaugrand a montreal.

j'aimerais jouer contre du monde mais je suis pas extrement bon encore (je commence juste a apprendre wavedash l cancel etc). préférablement je voudrais jouer contre du monde proche de mon calibre ou peut etre des 2v2 avec un equipier pro ^^

oh et je suis un gambleur donc ptete d petit bets si yen a ca interesse. rien de trop heavy mais je trouve ca alimente l'intensité :)

est ce que quelqun a msn?

Chris aka Kiki

Smash Rookie
Jo ,enfoire c kand ton dernier exam??? Ca me demange man lol. je joue preske plus a Smash la, jt'attends guy. Moi et mon bro on s'enmerde comme tu peux pas savoir. C toi ke j'attend pour decider c kand ke jvais faire le roundup pour smash espece de loafer sinon jlaurais deja fait.

Sean(cemo), give me your number if you can reach my place. You live next door.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
also technicals players never got high in the rankings which means mindgames > technicals and button mashing. exemples? raynex's debut and Nox, Gino and Sony.
ramasse pas sony et gino la dedans, si tu voulais avoir l'air d'un gars qui sait de ce qu'il parle, tu échoues.
BigRick, Chun Lee is just too good. I'm practicing how to parry easily her 100 kick special move. Hard as a mofo but looks soo skilled. I saw Justin do it on youtube, i fell to tha ground.

Man, fenostol's dishes needed to be cleaned up last week, I'm sure this scrub would have done the joy. I haven't seen so much sucking up since fhathuik and vwins. LOL
Allo je suis de Sorel j'aimerais savoir si ya du monde proche ou du monde proche du metro honoré beaugrand a montreal.

j'aimerais jouer contre du monde mais je suis pas extrement bon encore (je commence juste a apprendre wavedash l cancel etc). préférablement je voudrais jouer contre du monde proche de mon calibre ou peut etre des 2v2 avec un equipier pro ^^

oh et je suis un gambleur donc ptete d petit bets si yen a ca interesse. rien de trop heavy mais je trouve ca alimente l'intensité :)

est ce que quelqun a msn?
chesterr01 à courrierchaud point com. jpourrais passer après ma job, mais jfinis à minuit.

Top Bottom