• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
PATTY SMYTH - THE WARRIOR

it's not a very manly song though LOL doesnt really live up to the song title

I should have made these adjustments though

Shooting at the walls of heartache
Bam Bam!
KAGE the warrior
Well he is the warrior
And heart to heart you'll Vwin
If you survive the warrior, the warrior

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
National with barely 2 months notice?

Doubt it.
Depends how you define "national" really. In name it should mean (and I believe it to mean) that at least some participants enter it from most parts of a nation, which is very possible. If by "national" you mean a massive tourney with hundreds of participants, then you're right, it's not likely.

But fortunately that's not necessarily the kind of national we're aiming for here. We just want whoever is up for it from all over Canada to come out and play some smash and win some money.

:248:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Depends how you define "national" really. In name it should mean (and I believe it to mean) that at least some participants enter it from most parts of a nation, which is very possible. If by "national" you mean a massive tourney with hundreds of participants, then you're right, it's not likely.

But fortunately that's not necessarily the kind of national we're aiming for here. We just want whoever is up for it from all over Canada to come out and play some smash and win some money.

I checked the location and by car from Montreal is 14 hours.. and by train maybe less but hell of a lot more expensive.. so with that said, you'd need to give some incentive for people from OOP to come. If let's say I'm paying 300$ to go but then have the chance to only get 150 back at most then it's not worth it at all, I might as well just play here instead. You'd need lots of bonus pots.. Like at that Midwest tournament in august, their bonus pot so far is already 440$.. so that made me decide to go for sure. If you want more activity, then you gotta put the money down.. get sponsors and stuff. That's the only way you'll get quality players to come.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I checked the location and by car from Montreal is 14 hours.. and by train maybe less but hell of a lot more expensive.. so with that said, you'd need to give some incentive for people from OOP to come. If let's say I'm paying 300$ to go but then have the chance to only get 150 back at most then it's not worth it at all, I might as well just play here instead. You'd need lots of bonus pots.. Like at that Midwest tournament in august, their bonus pot so far is already 440$.. so that made me decide to go for sure. If you want more activity, then you gotta put the money down.. get sponsors and stuff. That's the only way you'll get quality players to come.
Actually that's exactly what we're doing, I put a teaser for it in the tournament info because we don't have a ballpark estimate on the pot bonus yet, but we're definitely aiming high.

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
And its always about the same topics...is this thread dead!? and then 2 pages appears

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
I guess you could say that chet just dont come as often as before so you may wait a long time for him you should pm him that you are waiting in the mtl thread xD He may come after loll if ur lucky

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
does anyone have a wii+brawl set up they could lend me for a few days (weekend)? my friend's female roommate's 17 y.o. ******** boyfriend says that he's the best and bla bla bla... basically need to go wreck some **** and flash my massive gamer boner.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
does anyone have a wii+brawl set up they could lend me for a few days (weekend)? my friend's female roommate's 17 y.o. ******** boyfriend says that he's the best and bla bla bla... basically need to go wreck some **** and flash my massive gamer boner.
Random guy: "Sure man, 10 bucks sound good?"

Chet: "Hmmmmm...how about...20?"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Someone tell PikaLex to contact Alex Strife because he wants to use the tournament in August as some sort of qualifier round for APEX 2012. All that really means is he wants to use it for seeding and some other ****, but he still wants to speak to PikaLex about it.

He can be reached at sonsofvegeta @ hotmail.com by msn, and lightxdream on AIM.

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
Someone tell PikaLex to contact Alex Strife because he wants to use the tournament in August as some sort of qualifier round for APEX 2012. All that really means is he wants to use it for seeding and some other ****, but he still wants to speak to PikaLex about it.

He can be reached at sonsofvegeta @ hotmail.com by msn, and lightxdream on AIM.
i tried that email but it was send me back as a failure

LOL use a tournament result as a qualifier round? weird

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
This would increase the attendance, so it's just better :)
if it's going like that....ill have to find a bigger local! :O well its big enought for now but not for 100 people!

The venue is normally hosting 75 people whici each person has a PC desktop...Its SC2 tournament..so we should be all right

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** Montreal is boiling!!

So I'm about to bus it to Quebec City, and I'll be back in Monteal in a few days. Anyone want fresh Alberta meat? ........

:phone:

Top Bottom