• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

kr3wman

Smash Master
Can't we go anyway to the Chevalier tomorrow? Or are you going to sleep inside your cardboard box for now.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Can't we go anyway to the Chevalier tomorrow? Or are you going to drop the controller for a while and actually bang your gf?
Fixed!

But seriously, feel free to, but I'll be in montreal with my gf for V-Day... Stef should be there, but most of the frequent players from the shop tend to go play left 4 dead in Le gardeur on saturdays (tired of getting ***** by Stef and me, I guess) :p

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Okay alot of you guys watched COT4 and the tons of camping that happened i.e. dojo camping the hell out of ninjalink on norfair or most of teh spammerer's matches that time ran out in them. so people are looking for a rule for stalling/planking since the no stalling/planking rule is kinda impossible to enforce. this is a solution which sounds really good

ledge grab rule- "You are not allowed to grab the ledge more than 70 times in any individual tourney match. If you do, you automatically forfeit that match."
Alpha Zealot said he believes the Japanese already use this rule

We started talking about this in the CoT4 results thread, and I feel it needs its own discussion. I REALLY like this idea, and I'm probably going to use it at my next Pittsburgh tourney. There are a lot of complaints of people stalling and planking, and although many TO's now prohibit ledge stalling, it is very hard to enforce. CoT4 showed this with several incidents, Norfair in particular being a troublesome stage to enforce it. This rule is very easy to enforce. In the victory/defeat screen after the match, you can check the stats to see how many times each player grabbed the ledge. If someone accuses the other of excessively planking/ledge stalling, you simply need to check the end stats. I know I'm not alone in thinking this was a good idea, what are other player's thoughts about this?

I talked with zaf and he told me he would like to have this rule in ffyf2, but I'm kinda worried that it might screw some people since it's a new rule and 70 may not be the right number. so if people in the weeklies can do some experimenting or just write down data from their matches with the number of the ledge grabs and the character so we can have an average number and make sure that 70 is not too much or too low for all characters.

EDIT: this is the original thread for the rule if you like to see the discussion http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221198

swordgard

Smash Hero
I agree with the 70 ledge grab rule, not sure about the number though. We should compile the average of grab of ledges at the weekly or something.

Edit: Thats an average of 20.3 ledge grabs per stock, and i believe i grab the ledge something like 7 times per stock. Its also like grabbing the ledge every 6 seconds, which should never happen an a real match without planking.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
"In the victory/defeat screen after the match, you can check the stats to see how many times each player grabbed the ledge. If someone accuses the other of excessively planking/ledge stalling, you simply need to check the end stats."

WarranThad

Smash Ace
its awesome as ****. I didn't like the new characters at all (el furte etc.). The new console characters are pretty chill though, Gen, Gouken, Sakura, Rose and Cammy all seem pretty playable. Sagat is ****ing BEAST. Zangief wrecks so hard too, so easy to get in with him and than massive 360 ****. E. Honda i was disappointed in since he sucks abit. I'm still figuring out how armor breaking stuff works but so far it's a cool mechanic that works kind of like parrying except you can only do it once... still really cool and sets up amazing combos. I'm gonna be playing Zangief with Gouki and Cammy alternates I think. There are anime cutscenes on story mode and Zangief by far has the best ones, they're so ****ing good. Some of the english voice actors are terrible and others are so bad they're good and you gotta keep them in English. Others you'll want to change to japanese. The music isn't as awesome as I'd hoped but there's a cool orchestral remix of sf2 ryu's music that sounds like castlevania music almost. Really wicked. The backgrounds are beautiful, lots of cool **** happening and stage interaction in a lot of stages is lots of fun. Balance wise, theres a pretty big gap between Sagat and Vega, just by damage output and priority... but most characters seem viable. my main is another Peach though, good aganist most of the cast but bad matchups vs top 2 (sagat and dictator) :(. oh well, zangief is pretty beast and I love him.

kr3wman

Smash Master
And then you have fei long who can't juggle into his ultra ever while everyone else seem to have auto combos into it.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Okay alot of you guys watched COT4 and the tons of camping that happened i.e. dojo camping the hell out of ninjalink on norfair or most of teh spammerer's matches that time ran out in them. so people are looking for a rule for stalling/planking since the no stalling/planking rule is kinda impossible to enforce. this is a solution which sounds really good

I talked with zaf and he told me he would like to have this rule in ffyf2, but I'm kinda worried that it might screw some people since it's a new rule and 70 may not be the right number. so if people in the weeklies can do some experimenting or just write down data from their matches with the number of the ledge grabs and the character so we can have an average number and make sure that 70 is not too much or too low for all characters.

EDIT: this is the original thread for the rule if you like to see the discussion http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221198
I agree with the 70 ledge grab rule, not sure about the number though. We should compile the average of grab of ledges at the weekly or something.

Edit: Thats an average of 20.3 ledge grabs per stock, and i believe i grab the ledge something like 7 times per stock. Its also like grabbing the ledge every 6 seconds, which should never happen an a real match without planking.
Agreed. From now on I'll start counting the number I do with my Falco and Olimar, since i might be one of the person who uses the ledge the most often without actualy planking per say.

Wow clet come back already ;_;
Yes please :(

cF=)

Smash Lord
CF=) is allowing brawl in his house?
I had in mind making a melee crew battle at some point in the day, and the only way I see this possible is if I gather both games here to recruit more people :laugh:

Alright, here's some OFFICIAL INFORMATION for BentoBox and everybody who's wondering if this'll ever take place.

SMASHFEST @ CHARLES' PLACE

AWESOOOME

Description:

- Friday, March the 6th, from 13h30 to 22h00
- BYOC
- Featuring melee and possibly brawl.

How to get there?

My address is 403, St-Joseph West, apartment 26 (DON'T FORGET to ring 25 when you get here, though!)

- From the blue line, exit at Parc and take the 80 S all up to St-Joseph.
- From the orange line, exit at Laurier and hop on the 51 W. until you reach Parc avenue.
- From the green line, combine station Place-des-arts and the 80 N to St-Joseph.

Helping the venue:

Like I already said, I own a gamecube and a giant screen on which we can enjoy melee. However, if any of you wants to bring an additional set up, feel free to do so. TVs, Wii, game discs, and powerbars are all necessary things if we want to run more than one station.

I won't provide any food whatsoever, but I'll have some of my secret stash and a 24 pack of beer. Don't hesitate to bring drinks or chip bags if you want to make your stay even more enjoyable though :)

Also, it's cool with me if you bring yourself with some friends, I'm just not expecting to fit more than 12 people here at a time. From what I see right now, everything's gonna be good, but keep this fact in mind before dropping here with your whole crew.

If I forgot anything, let me know and I'll help you. Reggie could also skim through this post and correct any grammatical mistake I might have made lol.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Each apartment got assigned a different number for their calling line to avoid harassment. That's why you should ring 25 and wait for me to come get you upstairs.

cemo

white walker
awesome (:
i'll see if i can come.

inothernews~ i officially have the 28th/1st? off, and am wondering how you guys are doing. i know that zaf/chet/joel/holy and them are taking a car to get to ottawa, and kirt was (maybe) looking at renting something? is that looking good? how much would it cost for a lift? it'll help with my planning. thanks! :)

cemo

white walker
that game was so awful.

kk ralph/poly/gay link has offered to give a lift to ottawa. there's room for 3 more. who's interested? :) (we gotta pay for gas and shiz but it's way cheaper than the bus)

- ashton
- ralph
- stef?
- agora?
- steb?

s333f

Smash Cadet
that game was so awful.

kk ralph/poly/gay link has offered to give a lift to ottawa. there's room for 3 more. who's interested? :) (we gotta pay for gas and shiz but it's way cheaper than the bus)

- ashton
- ralph

i would like to come but i dont know any of them

(srry si cest mal écrit mais j'ai vraiment de la misère en anglais)

cemo

white walker
ashton is a joke about me. ):
(moi je suis vrai anglophone la)

it'll be 40$ between the passengers. so if you come stef it'll be 20, ~15 for 3 passengers (j'pense que steb n'a pas un lift) , 10 for 4.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
****it, I was like the first to show interest in going with a second car whenever one showed up, too >_<

cemo

white walker
stef, agora, steb, cemo, ralph?
that sounds good to me.

these plans were sort of just thrown together, but i wanted to give people a little bit of notice. hopefully nothing falls through.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm not going to ottawa. I didnt see much support for it so I didnt ask off from work.
:( We've got about 40 preregistered so far...that's not that small!

that game was so awful.

- ashton
- ralph
- stef?
- agora?
- steb?
Yay!

Top Bottom