• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
eww
Oh God**** this game is addictive....that thing keep me in I cant quit lolll Im tired haging on Mirc for good brawl game anyone here wanna play today or later ths week or adding me or...whatever lol
lol
I'm a Guilty Gear fan, and I'm kinda excited about BlazBlue. I check to see if there's any updates about it once in a while. Not too hyped about it yet like I was for brawl (I blame the Dojo).

So far the graphics look great. Gameplay seems similar to Guilty Gear's fast-paced crazy comboing gameplay, which is good.

Any other Guilty Gear fans around here? Don't play it much anymore because the only person I get to play with is my brother. And the montreal thread in dustloop forums had no replies, lol.
there was like, a month where I wanted to play GGXXR but there was no one to play with in Montreal. I liked Testament. Other than that, it's too bad that there was no community in Montreal. Anyway, I hope this games popularity catches on pretty much everywhere, it's gonna be hot. Charlotte.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
there was like, a month where I wanted to play GGXXR but there was no one to play with in Montreal. I liked Testament. Other than that, it's too bad that there was no community in Montreal. Anyway, I hope this games popularity catches on pretty much everywhere, it's gonna be hot. Charlotte.
I think it wont be a problem, we seem to have lots of interested ppl right in this thread... the only thing I hope is that the arcade version gets over here or else were probably going to wait 1 year after the game's release in order to get our hands on the console version.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Good games the other day Rush and Yann, wasn't too much lag online.

Everyone who has an open spot on their friends list, add me for brawl, also you can add me on MSN @ ouknow88@hotmail.com for easier matchmaking.

Why you ask? So that our respective communities can practice against each other :D

P.S. Blaz Blue looks amazing, seriously hyped. Hope there's Ottawa interest for it.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
That's insane!

...No seriously, I think that's a form of insanity.
its like in 1 episode of house. 1 passenger in a plane was sick, everyone thought it was contagious and started to get the same symptoms of the guy. and like dr house was like lol, u guys are not sick...buncha idiots! and they were fine. lol

Fogel

Smash Lord
Human psychology is pretty powerful stuff. The placebo effect is why when they do drug tests, they have a control group of people who take a placebo, but are told they are taking the actual drug. A lot of the time, the results between the placebo group and the group who know they didn't take anything are very different, even though neither group actually took that drug.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Human psychology is pretty powerful stuff. The placebo effect is why when they do drug tests, they have a control group of people who take a placebo, but are told they are taking the actual drug. A lot of the time, the results between the placebo group and the group who know they didn't take anything are very different, even though neither group actually took that drug.
By looking at your avatar we have no other choice than to believe you.

cF=)

Smash Lord
The interwebz said:
PLEASE NOTE: "If you send an e-mail submission to this site, you are certifying that you are 18 years or older and you are granting The Landover Baptist™ Parody Website a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display your submission (in whole or part including your personal e-mail address) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed." This means, we could write a book and include your email messages and all of the money we make from your stupidity belongs to our Godly Pastor, Deacon Fred! Praise Jesus!
well, scientology's pretty near that level... I thought it was possible :laugh:

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
its like in 1 episode of house. 1 passenger in a plane was sick, everyone thought it was contagious and started to get the same symptoms of the guy. and like dr house was like lol, u guys are not sick...buncha idiots! and they were fine. lol
im sure i wouldnt be dumbfounded if that happened 2me

B

Bahamut-X

I'll join in! Add my Brawl FC as you wish, pm me if you do! Im from Sherbrooke so te lag should be ok.

PS: Oui oui, je parle le français. Bienvenue! (Nuit de Noce)

zaf

Smash Lord
He actually does not because he sucks, but at least he is funner I guess...I will win less matches though :(.

Although this Falcon logo looks **** ugly.
I dont see why he sucks, you were pretty win with him yesterday, but i guess i need to see old melee videos of falcon and then edit this later rofl.

Yo joel Im wondering if you have wifi....If you do Lets play sometime Im anoyed by my few playable guy in my roster already...lol

joel doesnt have wifi. He doesnt even have a wii lol..

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Ebay is your friend But I might find semone I know in montreal, I guess he could sell you one. Ill check for that later..Or lol....go in a store and buy one? I dont know if they still sell gc controller.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
On Tuesday, I went shopping for clothes. I got a tip from someone that there was a store nearby selling Wiis, as well as Brawl for a discount, and there were still plenty in stock. I decided to buy myself some clothes instead.

zaf

Smash Lord
Ebay is your friend But I might find semone I know in montreal, I guess he could sell you one. Ill check for that later..Or lol....go in a store and buy one? I dont know if they still sell gc controller.
i hate ebay. and they aren't sold in stores or made anymore. Plus i've checked and called every eb games, game stop and game buzz in the city.

thanks for asking when you do though.

On Tuesday, I went shopping for clothes. I got a tip from someone that there was a store nearby selling Wiis, as well as Brawl for a discount, and there were still plenty in stock. I decided to buy myself some clothes instead.
fail

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Check what I found:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=27743409472&ref=mf

Otaku Concordia BRAWL Tournament
because its BRAWL

Host: Otaku Anime of Concordia
Date: Saturday, May 17, 2008
Time: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
City/Town: Montreal, QC
Phone: 5148487576
Email: otaku@alcor.concordia.ca

Its a Brawl Tournament to be held from 4pm to 8pm.
In H-427 of the Concordia Hall Building
Here's a map: http://otaku.concordia.ca/contact.php

I won't be there but I believe it's an open event. Enjoy :D

Top Bottom