• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
-a lot of moves do not have enough knockback and way too much lag. You get retaliated against at low %'s alot unless your spacing bairs...
-Diddy is nuts too
-I don't like sonic very much. he lacks killing power. Meta knight i feel the same way about. They only have a few moves each that kill people despite otherwise having lots of fast and damaging attacks.
-Lucas is ****ign awesome, cool projectiles, graet smashes, great tilts, great aerials... This guy its really nuts and is so mcuh better then ness.
-pikachus down smash is the new dress, it's too bad all his aerials (except down) suck ****.\
-yoshi still sucks
-Falco seems really bad, i thought at first he was decent but i dont like him at all now
-Fox is worse, but not too bad. he's probably around the middle.
-Link is pretty decent, but toon link is so much more ****
-Zelda is pretty unimpressive now that her lightning kicks are nerfed (a la captain falcon's knee)
-samus seems pretty meh, didnt play enough ZSS to say much
-Donkley Kong seems improved (well at least at my skill level). No more super gay chain grabbing but his back air is as nuts as ever.
-neutral a combos do like 20-30% often, soooooo good.
- Learn to test frames. Key element to me in brawl sems to be auto-cancel. Short hop and start your aerial as fast as possible. Don't fastfall, you won't lag. A lot of moves won't auto-cancel, but then again you can test them into a full hop. Like snake can't short hop anymove, but he can full jump bair easily tall characters. From what I've seen, a few moves don't lag enough to be shield grabbed easily (ZSS bair?).
- How do you control diddy's up+b?
- I hate sonic, he's the game's ****** character. It's like, yay sonic's in brawl, but it's lame that since he spinned in all his games, 80% of his move set is a ball attack. plus he's lame.
- I've seen Test play with Lucas, and he seemed very good. His upsmash *****.
- Pikachu's down b is spammable like crazy, same with thunderjolt. Also, sh fair links into utilt and **** at low %, but I have yet to control the red hat properly. He has combo ability a bit, just not melee falco combo ability.
- I don't know if yoshi really sucks. I think more testing has to be done, but he won't be too sucky when yoshi mains will go with it. He doesn't lag too much when you time your aerials well.
- Falco is good, but I don't like the start up on his forward smash. Fox is good, I'll have to use more lasers I guess.
- Link : nerfed.
- Zelda: BUFFED. I don't care what you say, she's buffed. Her up+B kills x_x it's a killing move ffs! Everything kills almost, din's fire is spammable like crazy, upsmash has vacuum effect on grounded character. In combination with Sheik she's evil. ;_;
- Samus is nerfed, ZSS is LMAO down smash, nuff said
- I think they removed DK's up+B sweetspot :( but bair has minimal lag, nair can be short hopped iirc, linking aerial into utilts works, but I couldn't link uairs properly. But he seems decent, but old DK was beast no matter what.
- DI away from neutral A combos.

chet on devrait modifié le first post de la thread pour marquer les wifi code de tout le monde ca serait vraiment pratique. tk tu men donneras des nouvelles si ca peut se faire.
Excellente idée. I'll update during the week-end. I'll take RaIph's post and add it to the first post, and look at other relevant codes that could be added.

Lol oublie Cammy man elle est juste nulle dans le concept de SF2. Les meilleurs bonhommes cest ceux qui spam des ****s ou qui ont des range attacks (O Sagat Dhalsim) Sont juste trop forts. Hey en passant cest quand quon joue a SF2 je vais te donner une bonne degelee =D
Cammy pourra mieux passer au travers des projectiles dans le remix, non? jsuis pas sûr jme rappelle plus. Anyway, ils vont rendre les persos weak against fireballs meilleurs.

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
haaa ralph it was yur first brawl that why you sucked that much :D nah JK so you've left because elef joined ? what a shame :D Oh And I recommand everyone here searching about new brawl player Should dwl An IRC channel programm then goes in #smashworld channel to meet some new player :D
i was bumped out by the game after elef joined. maybe cuz he didnt add me yet.
i wasnt able to join your guys games afterwards because i get bumped at the sandbag midstage...

the wiimote would be my fav control scheme if it didnt suck that much for not having analog... :W
but it rocks for being handy and wireless. i just cant bother to plug my gc controller and have to navigate with my wiimote to smash, then pick up the gc controller to play... stupid nintendo lol....

[Brawl FC list moved to my most recent posts, so I don't end up with multiple lists to update.]

Damax

Smash Lord
- Learn to test frames. Key element to me in brawl sems to be auto-cancel. Short hop and start your aerial as fast as possible. Don't fastfall, you won't lag. A lot of moves won't auto-cancel, but then again you can test them into a full hop. Like snake can't short hop anymove, but he can full jump bair easily tall characters. From what I've seen, a few moves don't lag enough to be shield grabbed easily (ZSS bair?).
- How do you control diddy's up+b?
- I hate sonic, he's the game's ****** character. It's like, yay sonic's in brawl, but it's lame that since he spinned in all his games, 80% of his move set is a ball attack. plus he's lame.
- Link : nerfed.
More like you end the move before landing -_- some move are auto canceled such as sonic's back air

you hold UP + B and tilt left or right to go in an arc. the longer you charge the farther he'll go. (In SSE though it seemed as if he couldn't come back at all) (SSE really looks like everyone's up b is nerf its weird)

at least sonic got balls LOL by the way its not 80 % its 42% somewhat less if we calculate each jab as a different move.

Link: at least he got some speed, his down air can still kill well, he's got some better range specially with arrow(now useful in short hops) some of his moves are now weird, the second hit of the fair is MUCH stronger than the first(the opposite of melee) his up air is a priority *****. can even stop toon link's down air, mister game and watch's down air too. He's somewhat different but nerfed I think not, he's been brawled.

Vwins

Smash Ace
dsl chet mais jai limpression que fox va être encore top tier pis tout le monde va lutiliser -_-. tk moi jai commencé a le main dernièrement :) Je crois que c le best combo character selon ce que jai vu a date et il trash kill encore très bien.

Smokey

Smash Rookie
Chet: Aucune idee man je suis pas vraiment le remix ca minteresse pas du tout puisque c au xbox 360 pis au ps3.

Rick: Lol dit moi le la prochaine fois que vous jouez je vais ammener ST sur ps2 je lai chez nous sinon je lai sur mon laptop pis jai des converters pis tout

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
More like you end the move before landing -_- some move are auto canceled such as sonic's back air

you hold UP + B and tilt left or right to go in an arc. the longer you charge the farther he'll go. (In SSE though it seemed as if he couldn't come back at all) (SSE really looks like everyone's up b is nerf its weird)

at least sonic got balls LOL by the way its not 80 % its 42% somewhat less if we calculate each jab as a different move.

Link: at least he got some speed, his down air can still kill well, he's got some better range specially with arrow(now useful in short hops) some of his moves are now weird, the second hit of the fair is MUCH stronger than the first(the opposite of melee) his up air is a priority *****. can even stop toon link's down air, mister game and watch's down air too. He's somewhat different but nerfed I think not, he's been brawled.
... Je ne vois pas la nuance. Anyway, I think we're saying the same thing... I think.

Wow, weird.

XD @ balls; yeah 80% was just a random number. J'faisais une hyperbole, mais bon.

Link: La seule chose cool que j'ai réussi à faire avec lui, c'est boomerang derrière le dude pendant qu'il saute, pis down air quand le boomerang le ramène vers moi. À part de ça, Link est aussi sexy, mais jtrouve que celui de melee était beaucoup plus flexible à jouer. Mais bon, si tu dis qu'il est aussi bon, jte fais confiance, j'ai pas tant joué que ça au jeu.
Agree whit Damax about Sonic. And Sonic is not a ****** character. >.>
I just wanted to quote that for kicks.

dsl chet mais jai limpression que fox va être encore top tier pis tout le monde va lutiliser -_-. tk moi jai commencé a le main dernièrement :) Je crois que c le best combo character selon ce que jai vu a date et il trash kill encore très bien.
nooooooooooooooooooon! wtf tier whores, DON'T BREAK MY CHARACTER! ;_; *Fox for suck tier*

Vwins

Smash Ace
fox is mid-high imo.
no he's high tier for sure you didnt see all his combo potential
eh les fox player me font chier a brawl :( cuz his dair lead auto in a down smash :0 pi son f smash yer spamable comme dla marde
pour le Forward smash jpense que tu te mélange avec wolf tu peux pas spammer le f smash de fox yé pas très bon

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone try brawl with high gravity. I personally think it owns and makes the game much more competitive. That's just my opinion anyway.

Yeah its cool But i Doubt this will make a tournament standart so Ill stay with normal rules :0

@vwins ouais J'ai mit wolf et fox dans l meme bol je me suis tromber. Mes fox est quand meme overpowered avec ses arial qui lead into nimporte quel smash.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Hey guys ! I live in montreal as well ! Je parle francais aussi lol. I hope we could get to fight each others sometimes ehh!?

I'm 16 going 17 pretty soon. I live at 15 mins of the Henri-Bourassa metro station.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
@Daisy-Fan: Oui j'ai Wifi add moi dans ta friend list, je vais te adder aussi.

@White:Sure yeah..Either way it's west or east it doesn't matter much, it's not so long to come over here..I live at 5 minutes near Laval, I think it's east.

Oh well..Add me on msn if you got one, we could talk this over.

MSN: Rex_xv@hotmail.com

AIM: K4mi13

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Heh bin jvien daprendre que les 4 player match online ses pas super>_>ses plein dlag pi sa kill les possibility de toute les fast character et move

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I've played many 4p brawls and I have experimented really few lags. C'est peut-etre ta connection ou la distance des joueurs...

I was wondering, any girl smashers that lives in montreal? Would be cool =D lol.

Top Bottom