• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MONT1 - August 15th - MELEE ONLY - Crystal River FL (NEAR OCALA!!) RENTH WILL BE HERE

Ok, so I'm going to try and host my first real "tournament". I feel that my small, pathetic contributions to the community were nothing more than a good 7000 pointless and annoying posts, and I can't leave the community knowing I haven't done anything productive whatsoever. SO, heres my go at that. :)

MIDDLE OF NOWHERE TOURNAMENT 1

DIRECTIONS:

FROM TAMPA
FROM OCALA​

FROM GAINESVILLE
FROM ORLANDO
FROM ANYWHERE ELSE

RULESET
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, onnett Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2, **Mute city**, **Green Greens**

All other levels open for counterpicks.

Any other questions, please contact me. Yes, Mute City is BANNED for both singles and teams.

SCHEDULE:

Registration starts at 11
2v2 will start at 12
Lunch Break will start after doubles
Singles will start at 1:30

ENTRY:
Singles will be $15.00 USD
Doubles will be $20.00 USD, $10.00 per team mate
Door fee will be $5.00. This is to cover what electricity is being used, and to help pay for the rent of the venue.

PAYOUTS:
SINGLES
1st- 60%
2nd- 25%
3rd- 15%

DOUBLES
1st- 60% (30%p1 / 30%p2)
2nd- 25% (12.5%p1 / 12.5%p2)
3rd- 15% (7.5%p1 / 7.5%p2)

Interested:
Renth
yummynbeefy
Exarch
Rohins
MattNF
Catobates
Hiroshi
Exarch
knihT

Feel free to PM me with questions. I also have AIM, MSN, Facebook, and Myspace. PM me for them

Oh and btw.

MEWTWO SOUL STUNNER IS LEGAL AT THIS. BE PREPARED.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Because your name is throwing off the spacing of EVERYTHING in the ATL South forum, and it makes the rules of this tourney obnoxious to read.

*is not happy with Mute City being off*

EDIT: Stick like 7 E's at the end of EUROPE, it creates the same effect as 34 and is far more practical

Because your name is throwing off the spacing of EVERYTHING in the ATL South forum, and it makes the rules of this tourney obnoxious to read.

*is not happy with Mute City being off*

EDIT: Stick like 7 E's at the end of EUROPE, it creates the same effect as 34 and is far more practical
Alright, I'll ask somebody to change it.

Hey, I didn't tell you to main peach =P

Renth

Smash Hero
I'll see if the rest of melbourne/merrit island wants to go to this
full force wreckin ganon style baby at this thannngg.

Furthermore... DONT BAN MUTE CITY. If i saw that earlier i would've tweaked about it.

BEFORE!!! READ THIS!!!

Before *ahem*.. i get everyones hope up i'm not 100% guaranteed to get to this thing yet. Exarch I explained the reasonings to you recently. They are indeed personal, however i'll try my best.

Ok, but I don't know what is included in "everything."
I've worked with it before, so refresh my memory what kind of wires are needed.
the red yellow and white wires I have. the other ones I don't.

I asked scav if I could get a name change, he said just make a new account.

ZONE, I can house you the night before and after the tourney.

brb new account

Top Bottom