• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
Im wondering... what does the bundle come with? Can oyu buy the game by itself? Is the bundle worth it?

Also me and my brother was really thinking about getting this game... does the trailers give justice to the game itself?
The bundle is $5 extra for the classic controller pro. I think this is a great deal, since the controller alone will be ~$20. You can get the game alone, but using the Wiimote+nunchuk controls are slow and awkward.

Go to IGN.com and look through their review. I think you'll get an idea of whether you'll like this.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
So due to exams and stuff I'm waiting a bit before I pick it up and lose all self-control and just disappear for a few days playing this. But does anyone have any initial impressions or anything thus far so that I don't cancel my preorder?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's very addicting so far, Wolydarg. I love it so far.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Addicting? I played online from 9:30 am tuesday to 1:30am wednesday. I am an addict and i want to hunt with yallz someday ~^.^~

D

Deleted member

I heard it was fantastic, go and buy it.

Yes, you can buy the game by itself. I got my copy with just the game.

However, if you don't have an Classic Controller or are looking to invest in one, the bundle should be a great deal.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Addicting? I played online from 9:30 am tuesday to 1:30am wednesday.
0_0

As the op, I feel awkward asking this, but does anyone know how exactly the codes they show when you go online are applied? like.... can I look for a certain person with their code and go to their city?

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
0_0

As the op, I feel awkward asking this, but does anyone know how exactly the codes they show when you go online are applied? like.... can I look for a certain person with their code and go to their city?
You can go online and simply search for the player's name (caps sensitive). Or you could use his ID code. Your ID should be in the top-right corner of the menu where you decide whether to play offline/online.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What's the advantage over using the Classic Controller vs Wiimote and Nunchuk? We don't have any "game plus classic" bundles over here, so wondering if it's worth getting a controller or wether it'd be fine using W+N.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The Classic Controller Pro is much easier to use, I've heard. I haven't tried any other control scheme, but I've been told that some of the controls on the Chuck Combo are unresponsive, which can pretty much lead to an early death.

M.K

Level 55
Seriously, this looks AWESOME. I might actually stop by a Gamestop to pick this up.
Based on people's experiences, what class do you suggest? I'm thinking Hammer, but I don't want to pick one of teh curviest of difficulty curve characters. -_-
This will be my first Monster Hunter game :O

liljp112

Smash Cadet
their are no specific classes you can use whatever weapon depending on the situation or what item you are trying to get and the curve for weapons aren't that steep

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
The Gamestop I pre-ordered it at still didn't have it yesterday so I canceled my pre-order and walked to the Best Buy in the same mall and bought it. :/ It was cheaper at the Best Buy too.

I didn't get to play it last night since I had to get some work done on a report. I'm super excited to play tonight though.

liljp112

Smash Cadet
is it just me or is the offline story pretty easy?
also how do you do the spoiler thing
how do I get longswords I just beat gobul and I still can't make then can anyone help
did it work? don't know if its spoilers but just incase

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Seriously, this looks AWESOME. I might actually stop by a Gamestop to pick this up.
Based on people's experiences, what class do you suggest? I'm thinking Hammer, but I don't want to pick one of teh curviest of difficulty curve characters. -_-
I prefer the lance myself. It has really good range and comes with a shield.

I'd try out the different weapons in Arena mode and see which one suits you personally.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'd say the largest learning curves are the Switch Axe and Bowgun.

But they're still not huge curves, it's pretty well balanced.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah like Zigsta said, you can try out all of the weapons in Arena play as soon as you make your character.

The hammer was actually pretty cool. One of my favs. But you'll see for yourself once/if you get the game.

Surprisingly, I like the bowgun the most O__o
But I don't know how well a bowgun would work in 1 player. Probably not well......
Once I play online and join a party or whatever I'll probably go all Bowgun :D

EDIT: I miss my Dual Swords.........
:(
They were the **** in MH Freedom 2.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's everyone's gear?

Right now I'm using a Phlohasta (bone lance) with the Hunter's Armor. I'm working on the last 2 parts of the Great Jaggi Armor.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol I still have the starting equipment. I haven't found the time to play this game all too much.

I also have a question for you guys though. Is online play basically just an extension of Arena play, or can you actually do guild quests and stuff like that.

Me and my friend thought we'd be able to do guild quests offline splitscreen together, but quickly found out we couldn't.....
Which sucks! D:<

liljp112

Smash Cadet
right now i have jaggi armor and i plan to work on the barroth armor soon
the weapons i have are war hammer+ , buster sword+ and bone hammer plus+ working on gettin the ananta boneblade(first long sword)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
So I'll be updating the names and ID#'s as you guys post them. Check bottom of OP.

Anyway
My armor is full Bone (heheh, "full bone")
My weapon is the Ludroth Hammer +

liljp112

Smash Cadet
mines juwan i didn't feel like putting anything else so i just put my name don't have my id number yet

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My name in-game is Zigsta. I don't have Wi-Fi in my dorm, so no ID yet.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
yosh, with bowserla's help I'm decked in full jaggi and have a Ludroth Splashhammer :)

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I'm so totally going to fail all of my finals now...

Spent a few hours with it today, just finished capturing the great jaggi. This game is too funnn

But I don't have enough time to play it =[

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Nope, no western online fees

@liljp: the Switch Axe is available to forge immediately but for the longsword
you still need to have beaten the Gobul

Lobos

Smash Master
Me and hova are doing a online fest tonight, we need 2 more and we both got wii speak. Anyone wanna join us post here or aim me! We should be starting around 7ish? pm EST

D

Deleted member

Still didn't get the oppertunity to play online today, since I was forced to basically make an huge essay for Newbie Mafia 6 which isn't half completed yet, plus I had other Mafia games to play on here and Mafiascum.

As a matter of fact, I couldn't even use the time to play the game.

Tomorrow, I will be on a lot after. Hopefully, I can finally get a taste of online.

@Meta-Kirby: If you are planning on getting this, make sure to get it as soon as possible. I believe this game will be very popular in North America and Europe, so don't be surprise if copies are flying out.

M.K

Level 55
Still didn't get the oppertunity to play online today, since I was forced to basically make an huge essay for Newbie Mafia 6 which isn't half completed yet, plus I had other Mafia games to play on here and Mafiascum.

As a matter of fact, I couldn't even use the time to play the game.

Tomorrow, I will be on a lot after. Hopefully, I can finally get a taste of online.

@Meta-Kirby: If you are planning on getting this, make sure to get it as soon as possible. I believe this game will be very popular in North America and Europe, so don't be surprise if copies are flying out.
Haha, I got the very last non-reserved MH3 Bundle that my Gamestop had. xD
I haven't had a chance to play it because of school, but I'm definitely amped to get started this weekend with playing. : )

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
How is the online play? Are issues with lag common or does the game run smoothly?

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
No lag from all my hunting. only slowdown when alot of monsters are on screen, which is rare i'll admit. I live in Ny and i regularly play with someone from cali and the lag does not exist.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
No lag from all my hunting. only slowdown when alot of monsters are on screen, which is rare i'll admit. I live in Ny and i regularly play with someone from cali and the lag does not exist.
That's good to hear. I was worried about lag since it could actually **** a person over in this game lol

D

Deleted member

Meta-Kirby said:
Haha, I got the very last non-reserved MH3 Bundle that my Gamestop had. xD
I haven't had a chance to play it because of school, but I'm definitely amped to get started this weekend with playing. : )
This is a good sign that this game will be succesful. Let's hope that the sales chart proves us right.

Top Bottom