• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
As for other monsters, its not a bad thing that they show up, since they hurt one another. You lay a trap and one gets caught, normally pisses it off and it leaves the area, or you can just run.

Idk what to tell you about dodging, since I have a shield lol.
It's a bad thing when a Gobul is doing the Kirby-inhale and Lagi is doing the rage psycho crusher in a small space and you literally can't do anything (well, you can not be in the situation) without taking an obscene amount of damage (hate the fact there's no invincible running jump underwater). Granted this situation doesn't happen but when it did it was devastating to my morale =P

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Name: Hatter
ID: QC73N2
Region: US

I enjoy doing the quest. If you want to team up sometime let me know. My HR is still low though.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
wow, Jhen Mohran is easy pickins
I know. Why was I scared?

It's a bad thing when a Gobul is doing the Kirby-inhale and Lagi is doing the rage psycho crusher in a small space and you literally can't do anything (well, you can not be in the situation) without taking an obscene amount of damage (hate the fact there's no invincible running jump underwater). Granted this situation doesn't happen but when it did it was devastating to my morale =P
I totally understand. Qurapeco is cute by itself, then it calls a Rathian, then a few Ludroth. Qurapeco blew me away while Rathian took potshots at me, all while I was under waterblight...

Reality is for every situation, even those, there is always something for it, like some charm/active skill/better amor/running. But you know this.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
haha, my team and I get boned when a rathian comes in to interrupt my Diablos hunt

JOE!

Smash Hero
so....ive een looking for immature sponges....any tips on where to find them?

(soloing the story atm)

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Only thing it matters is when you can do certain online quest. I guess also hunting experience.

btw i cant seem to catch any of you guys online. Im normally on in the evenings.

Jane

Smash Hero
i havent been playing lately cuz of lots and lots of finals crap u.u but soon i will be liberated!!

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Yay I got the lance. It only took like....5 hours......so tired lol. Take out Diablos first, seriously. Saves you alot of surprise attacks that you knew were coming, if you know what I mean.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Wow, a lance makes this game mad easy...

I wasn't able to take down Diablos with SA, hammer, or LS no matter what I did, and after picking up the lance and spending 30 minutes learning how to use it against R. Ludroth, took down Diablos without dying once. Maybe just being able to block is making all the difference.

Barioth is still stupid, though.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Lances **** face. We Block teh World. I personally love SnS though.

Lagia is cake with lance. i chill near his left shoulder and i can avoid most stuff on reaction. barroth and barioth are gay. i hate fighting them, but they still die. i need to kill deviljho. thats goingto be a fun fight

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Barioth is easy once you realize that you need to be right next to him not to get hit. It'll sooner run away (then jump on you) than attack you when you're by it's side. And Barroth? Bring a water element weapon so you stop having to worry about mud. If you use a lance, you dont even need to care about not getting hit...

Speaking of lance, get a ton of tranq bombs ready for the next event quest.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Barioth is easy once you realize that you need to be right next to him not to get hit. It'll sooner run away (then jump on you) than attack you when you're by it's side. And Barroth? Bring a water element weapon so you stop having to worry about mud. If you use a lance, you dont even need to care about not getting hit...

Speaking of lance, get a ton of tranq bombs ready for the next event quest.
you can only hold 8.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Obviously. Just because you can only hold 1 pitfall trap doesn't mean you shouldn't make a bunch of them for repeating the quest.
What I do is bring two trap kits and two nets just in-case I have to use more than 1 (which never happens.)

I also do the same with Mega potions, I bring 10 megas, 10 regulars and 10 honey.

Lobos

Smash Master
Currently at HR28

Send me a pm, aim, or post here.....I need more people to play with.......also for anyone lower rank, I dont mind helping on quest so feel free to ask

I have wii speak and skype for voice if needed

my MH name is LoBoBoBo

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
I dont have wii speak, i guess i can use Skype, but i mainly just chat on MH3 with my keyboard. I guess I can set up skype sometime, but I dont think you'd want to hear me scream lol.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
When are you online lobos? I am usually on at night until about 10:30. I am only HR 17 though. I have a couple of key quest to do to unlock the urgent quest.

Rikana

Smash Champion
My name in MH3 is Rikana.

HR 25 at the moment.

I'm a Lancer main. My Lance revolves around Paralysis.

Gobul+ Lance
Gigginox.

Send me a message when you see me on or something. I'm probably the only Rikana out there.

Lobos

Smash Master
When are you online lobos? I am usually on at night until about 10:30. I am only HR 17 though. I have a couple of key quest to do to unlock the urgent quest.
Anytime after 7pm on weekdays.......I vary on weekends but thats when I get most of my gaming in.

Top Bottom