• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monkey flip kick is amazing (when cancelled)

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Wow mad props to ninjalink (I think it was him) for discovering monkey flip kick l canceling

anywaysss

I've been experimenting with this and I think its a great attack

1. you can do it while holding the banana
2. Its priority is REALLY high. It goes thru snakes mortar! Very useful when trying to get back on the stage when a snakes launching them.
3. It has low knockback so when you learn how to lcancel it you can combo it into many things ( I assume; I havent tested TRUE combos). Most of the time its easy to get a grab afterwards though

So ya learn how to monkey flip kick cancel and use it more. Im leaving for a tournament ill try to use it and see how it goes ill be back to post more.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'ts almost totally useless to cancel it, you know why? They can see the flip kick coming faster and if you cancel it at low percents they can just grab you anyway even if it hits. If you cancel it when they are at a higher percent, it does nothing because they fly far away anyway.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
The flip kick leads to a zero to death combo on floaty characters.

From about the edge of the diamond you start the attack, with the floaty character about a half-step from the edge. You hit them, both of you should slide off of the edge and you immediately perform the downward aerial.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
how to you flip kick cancel?

Is it just pressing B to initiate the monkeyflip then B again to go into the kick?

or are you talking about soemthing more advanced which lets you cancel lag and stuff?

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I had a tourny match against Kirks Ike and he got soo pissed everytime my Karate Kick would out prioirtize his Jab A combo xD. It was pretty funny

IDK

Smash Lord
how to you flip kick cancel?

Is it just pressing B to initiate the monkeyflip then B again to go into the kick?

or are you talking about soemthing more advanced which lets you cancel lag and stuff?
cancels the lag. read NL's diddy techs thread. kthxbi.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
I'ts almost totally useless to cancel it, you know why? They can see the flip kick coming faster and if you cancel it at low percents they can just grab you anyway even if it hits. If you cancel it when they are at a higher percent, it does nothing because they fly far away anyway.
well obviously your not going to abuse as to where it becomes that predictable, and im pretty sure that they actually cant just grab you if it hits. In training mode I got it to combo with downsmash, jabs, and a grab. Of course it needs to be tested but dont be quick to assume.

And if you cancel it at high percents they fly too far away? I say its about perfect distance for a follow up fair.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
yea i figured it out. thanks for crediting me :-p...i guess
So you should know the most about it. Do you think it is useful? I think its priority is pretty useful to break walls of attacks/projectiles (goes THRU snakes mortar), and I theorize it has combo potential but I've yet to really test that on humans. It combos in training mode though.

I think its a really underused moved, especially since you can do it while holding a banana as a good mixup if someone is relecting you or something

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
wow it does lol

whatever if people are not going to pay attention to it.. there loss not mine. I think that attack has potential up the ying yang though, ESPECIALLY since it can be canceled

Paul Hoffman

Smash Rookie
I like saving this one until mid-match most of the time. It can destroy an opponents spacing game once he gets into the swing of your Diddy.

Top Bottom