• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monday Update: Excitement A(earth)bound!

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
lucas coming in is awesome. I just tried out ness today because of this, and i was surprised by his fair and bairs. im definitly going to at least try using lucas in brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
(First off, I know this is technically a double post, but it's been a while so it shouldn't matter. And plus, if I edited, no one would see that I posted something new.)

Ok, so... anyway...
Does anyone else suspect that this:

might be PKLove in action? Lucas infatuates his opponents and freezes them in hearts mid-air?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
(First off, I know this is technically a double post, but it's been a while so it shouldn't matter. And plus, if I edited, no one would see that I posted something new.)

Ok, so... anyway...
Does anyone else suspect that this:

might be PKLove in action? Lucas infatuates his opponents and freezes them in hearts mid-air?

It has been confirmed from the Demo Princess Peach's Final Smash sends out a bunch of hearts and puts everyone to sleep.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Awww... I thought I found out something that would help the "Ness vs Lucas" case. :(
PK Love doesnt have anything to do with hearts and "Love", it just a very powerful psychic attack which name was PK (and whatever you mentioned as your favorite thing a the beggining of the game), which default name was "Love" for some reason, just like it was "Rockin" in Mother 2.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
PK Love doesnt have anything to do with hearts and "Love", it just a very powerful psychic attack which name was PK (and whatever you mentioned as your favorite thing a the beggining of the game), which default name was "Love" for some reason, just like it was "Rockin" in Mother 2.
Well, except the actual spell of PK LOVE has a significant spot in the story of Mother 3 and the relationship of 2 characters...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not that in tune with the Mother/Earthbound series. Soooooooooooorry. :p

But can someone explain to me what either PKLove/PKRockin' actually does? (Just so I don't make this fatal mistake again in the future.) Thanks.
it's just a really powerful psychic attack that damages anyone on screen. The name varies as it is what you mentioned as your favorite thing, like you can put "dogs" as your favorite thing and the attack would be named "PK Dogs". Get me?

The just named them PK Rockin and PK Love because it was the default name for the attacks in Mother 2 and 3, respectively.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
it's just a really powerful psychic attack that damages anyone on screen. The name varies as it is what you mentioned as your favorite thing, like you can put "dogs" as your favorite thing and the attack would be named "PK Dogs". Get me?

The just named them PK Rockin and PK Love because it was the default name for the attacks in Mother 2 and 3, respectively.
Ohhh, alright. Yeah, I made it that far into Earthbound to know what you're talking about.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Never played Earthbound, but want it really badly! Is it Japan only?
mother 1 wasnt released in US, but a translated rom exists, and I think it's legal...it is calles eathboun zero, earthbound (mother 2) was released in the US for the snes, and Mother 3 has not been released in the US

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
OK, I'll spend 5 years of my life learning how to speak Japanese, all to play 2 video games. Great idea. And I'm guessing you've played them, too, having spent half a decade on learning another language?
With only 2 years and a dictionary I could understand most of the game. And there are translations guides in gamefaqs.

The text has little Kanjis (they are only used in narrative scenes, and even then, they are relatively scarce) The in-game text is all kana.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
I don't see what's so cute about a snarling giant beast with teeth 10 inches long, but if you wanna get your head bit off, go ahead and hug it.
ur description made want to hug it.

too bad it's not real

god **** taking everything literal much
lol...seriously...bottom line the stage looks awesome and the chimera is a nice addition

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
OK, I'll spend 5 years of my life learning how to speak Japanese, all to play 2 video games. Great idea. And I'm guessing you've played them, too, having spent half a decade on learning another language?
*cough translation guides cough*

Noshiee

Smash Ace
OK, go for the baby chick and get your head bit off. Why the heck is there a chick on its head anyway? And people's, maybe it would take ME five years to learn Japanese, cuz I'm ********. And I'm already learning French.

the duck is in his head, so whenever someone turns ultimate chimera off (press the button on its back), the duck would press the button again to turn Ultimate chimera on again.

Also, he was being sarcastic, dont take stuff so literal, seriously

Top Bottom