• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monday Update: Excitement A(earth)bound!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
You should check out wikipedia... I couldn't tell you exactly... lol.
Also, you should check out some footage of Mother3 and check out the ending for sure... unless you don't want Spoilers. In fact... don't even go to Wikipedia if you don't want spoilers.

BTW, I think it was you who said something aboutPSI Rockin? Ness had the move, for sure. It was his... "Ultima", I guess you could say.
ahh so If Ness is in the game PK Rockin will be his FS
and PK Love will be Lucas' FS correct?

trust me...un less i get imports...I wont kno what he's like anyway...so thank senor (^^)v

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
PSI Thunder, PK thunder they're basicly the same thing, why don't you play Earthbound and find out for yourself.

Yeah your right, there were not awful characters in Melee. Mewtwo was absolutely amazing...
:laugh:

-Knight
well yes u are right about it...but it really just the correction of names..besides PK mostly satnds for Psychokinetic and PSI stood for Psychic...if u dont beleive me check th e first Smash bros. and look at character data

Dude... you don't know how awesome I thought he was gonna be... I mean it's Mewtwo, for Christ's sake. Oh, how I was disappointed...
no Senor he wasnt THAT bad...well okay...maybe he could have been a bit heavier but he wasnt THAT bad...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
well yes u are right about it...but it really just the correction of names..besides PK mostly satnds for Psychokinetic and PSI stood for Psychic...if u dont beleive me check th e first Smash bros. and look at character data
I really don't care. :/

Anyway, I'm fighting Giygas again on Earthbound, reminds me of how great of a character Paula really is.

-Knight

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Lucas is pretty cool I'll try him out but I wouldn't mind Ness back either.

LUCAS HAS AN AWSOME POSE!!!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
ok (^^)v *smacks u with SSB Harisen happily* (^^)v
oh yeah wasnt paula the one who taught Ness the powers of PSI???
No, Ness learned PSI naturally, however he did steal (Sakurai said Paula taught Ness some of her moves to Ness, which is bs x_x) some of Paula's moves.

Needs more Earthbound AT's like Poo using his trademark Starstorm ^_^ I think it'd look awesome.

-Knight

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
No, Ness learned PSI naturally, however he did steal (Sakurai said Paula taught Ness some of her moves to Ness, which is bs x_x) some of Paula's moves.

Needs more Earthbound AT's like Poo using his trademark Starstorm ^_^ I think it'd look awesome.

-Knight
ahhh ok......**** I really wish they brought Earthbound to the virtual console..and that AT doesnt seem a bad idea either XD

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I'd say Starman... but didn't they just using Omega Rockin, also? Or was it Starstorm?

Also... why doesn't Ness just use PSI Teleport for an Up B?! >.>

Also... Meta, there are ways you can play it... *winkwink*

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
I'd say Starman... but didn't they just using Omega Rockin, also? Or was it Starstorm?

Also... why doesn't Ness just use PSI Teleport for an Up B?! >.>

Also... Meta, there are ways you can play it... *winkwink*
Ghost of Starman uses PSI Starstorm Omega after Starstorm Alpha and a countdown.

Final Starman can use both Starstorms.

Ness' Nightmare is the only enemy that uses PSI Rockin' Omega.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
WTF??????? WTH are u tlking about?????

On Topic: I wonder Lucas' FS will be...PK Starstorm??....no wait....that was Poo's special attack...
it is also Kumatora's
other attack ideas could be PK Freeze, PK Ground, PK Love, sheild, sheild-counter, Psycho-sheild, hypnosis, brainshock, paralysis, refresh (Lucas is the only one able to use this move, which is kinda like a regenaration abilitie, like, increasing a little bit of health every 5 seconds or something), and others.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
His Hair Changes Direction!!

I'm very impressed with how his hair can change direction.

And I'm noticing that thats all people can talk about.... his hair.

True, I believe Lucas looks like my favorite new character. (Well... behind Pit and MetaKnight) I am happy with his placement in the game, yet still hope Ness makes the team as well.

I shall add him to my list of favs:

1. Link
2. Zelda
3. ---
4. Jigglypuff
5. Pit
6. ----
7. Metaknight
8. Lucas
9. Ike
10. ----

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Unless Lucas and Ness are totally different, I can see only one of them making it in.
To me, there's two options. Give Lucas Ness' basic moveset with a few changes to make him differ from Ness a bit. Instead of PSI Magnet, his down B would be PSI Shield, which would reduce damage by half (and would allow Lucas to move), but would be broken by one or two attacks. And instead of the controllable PK Thunder, he would have PSI Teleport as a recovery. And of course, his ground and aerial A attacks would be changed a bit. Just enough to differentiate him a bit. But, for a bit of a different experience, we would include either Paula or Kumatora - a pure offensive character, wielding powerful PSI like PK Freeze, Fire, Thunder, Ground, etc. Of course, Paula/Kumatora's physical A attacks would be weaker, but I can easily imagine PSI attacks as smashes (Ground for a dsmash? Freeze for a usmash?). She would be light, but would be extremely powerful by the use of PSI - essentially Zelda if she had more magic-based moves.

The other option, which would appease both camps, is to make Lucas the PSI-based character, with Ness retaining his basic moveset. Lucas would revolve around his support PSI, like Shield, Offense/Defense Up, etc. His A attacks would be weaker than Ness', but by using PSI at the right time, he could boost his power considerably. Of course, there would be a cooldown period between uses of PSI. Basically, Lucas would be about using PSI to boost himself rather than to harm enemies.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I would like Ness to return and fight alongside Lucas. I think they could be both similar and different in plausible ways. The only absolute thing I trust about brawl is that the creators know what they're doing. I think about C.Falcon and wonder how did they come up with his moveset?

"well, make him say his name and then make fire come out...or something."

What does that have to do with F-Zero? Not a **** thing. These guys could have a tetris block as a character, and it would probably be pretty fun to play as. Maybe that's just me, but I love playing all the characters in Melee...even clones.

is there a thread about how clones shouldn't be considered worthless? Cause I feel like ranting about that now, and probably shouldn't do so if there's a better place for it.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
I love this update, last year my freind (Lyn fanboy) thought that Lyn was going to playable, but since he hated Lucas he thought he would'nt make it at all... IN YO FACE!! :psycho:

i look forward to seeing Ness in the next vet. update :)

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
also, I don't know why people argue things with, "well, sakurai said...etc."?

didn't sakurai say something to the effect of Snake being an unlockable character?

didn't sakurai say something to the effect of not revealing unlockables in the dojo updates until after Brawl's release?

oh, wait...*looks at Dojo*
it would appear that Sakurai has changed his mind on at least one of these things, for they both can no longer exist as truth simultaneously.

it's just as easy for him to change his mind, as it is for you and I.
also, it's just as easy for anyone to believe what they want to believe.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I would like Ness to return and fight alongside Lucas. I think they could be both similar and different in plausible ways. The only absolute thing I trust about brawl is that the creators know what they're doing. I think about C.Falcon and wonder how did they come up with his moveset?

"well, make him say his name and then make fire come out...or something."

What does that have to do with F-Zero? Not a **** thing. These guys could have a tetris block as a character, and it would probably be pretty fun to play as. Maybe that's just me, but I love playing all the characters in Melee...even clones.

is there a thread about how clones shouldn't be considered worthless? Cause I feel like ranting about that now, and probably shouldn't do so if there's a better place for it.
ZIG ZAG BLOCK CONFIRMED!

also, I don't know why people argue things with, "well, sakurai said...etc."?

didn't sakurai say something to the effect of Snake being an unlockable character?

didn't sakurai say something to the effect of not revealing unlockables in the dojo updates until after Brawl's release?

oh, wait...*looks at Dojo*
it would appear that Sakurai has changed his mind on at least one of these things, for they both can no longer exist as truth simultaneously.

it's just as easy for him to change his mind, as it is for you and I.
also, it's just as easy for anyone to believe what they want to believe.
Nah, zig zag block not confirmed :(. In all seriousness, he does have the right to change whatever he wants and has. I'm going to be optimistic on this one and say Ness will still be in the game until some more concrete proof arises.

MDupont

Smash Cadet
Wow! Lucas is in aye? Nice, I edited my sig to include him, and Mr. Resetti.

I wonder if Ness will make the cut. Perhaps as a secret character? Any character from now on that is revealed is either old, or totally brand new. So we have much to look forward to.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
"Sakurai also said less japan-only characters, and we can see how that statement went straight to hell."

Last time, we got two. So far we only have one, unless Ike counts. And if I've heard correctly, Marth no longer counts as Japan only (he shouldn't anyway, he was in Melee)

"didn't sakurai say something to the effect of Snake being an unlockable character?

didn't sakurai say something to the effect of not revealing unlockables in the dojo updates until after Brawl's release?"

Ah, but this is easily arguable with the fact that we already KNEW about Snake, and since he is a special addition, he gets special treatment.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is changing up his story as much as a politician now, but there's one difference.

Sakurai is lovable.

At any rate, I like how he (or they) are doing it. I like to be kept guessing, and when something surprisingly good comes along, it's nice.

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
I don't think most people get this concept...

You guys do realize that both NESS AND LUCAS can represent Earthbound/Mother TOGETHER...

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Tam, you forget, on this board, logic does not exsist. ZS Samus WILL be selectable. This game WILL have voice chat online.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
ok at first i was skeptical about Lucas but i gotta admit the kids been growing on me, BUT ness is still amazing ok u cant say his jumps are bad can u say DJC made his arials so nasty nd i liked playing with him in melee nd don even get me started in n64 he was so godly u people 4get these things so quickly i hope he makes a return

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
c falcon will deff return hes always been a favriot hes so filthy lol i wanna see ganondorf return with a sword or wen r they gonna announce luigi u think he'll have a vaccume lol

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
haha that b awsome, but if mario has his fludd luigi will have his poultergas thingy cnt wait till hes announced along with his special moves its gon b completly changed up i just know it he wont have that misfire thing nymore

Top Bottom