• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monday Update: Excitement A(earth)bound!

Florida

イーグランツ
Lucas' Final Smash Possibilities:

1.PK Rockin'
2.PK Love

Mmmhmm!

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Mother!

Mother!

Mother!!!

weird name for a game. They should make one called ''MotherF**er''
Call me crazy, but I think it's got something to do with the phrases "Mother Earth" and "Mother Nature", considering the threats in the 3 games have either been aliens from another world, or technology... but considering the nature of this and your previous post, I don't really think you like the Mother series that much. Oh well, each to thier own!

I for one like this update, even though I have stated before that I would of liked to seen Ness back in Brawl, I've actually begun to grow to like Lucas a lot more. He somehow seems more awesome with that crazy hair, and I do prefer the red/yellow stripes.. he also brings the possibility of an overseas release of Mother/Earthbound, since the Fire Emblem characters did that in Melee!
Of course, if Ness AND Lucas somehow made it in, that would be even better for everyone, I guess.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Me too subpar. I think it's because you don't know how they play and what they're moves are. You want to play as them to learn that.

I'm like that for PT, pit, and snake.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
Saaaaweeett

FIrst off I havce to say: OMG I cant BELIEVE HES IN THE GMAE, THAT MEANS All THOSE speculation people will be gloating!!! THen LUCAS LOOKS AMAZING !!!!!! Hopegully tomorrow we'll get his moves or probably later on this week!!!! SHOuld He replace Nesss??? Well I think so, because in melee besides that he runs like a *** n has an arsenal of weapons, he just dies too easily for my opinion. LUCAS YEAAAA!!! I never knew who he was but now i know!!! AND IM GONNNA MAIN HIM SO BADLY!!!!

*also hoping to seee luigi back in the game*

Wreked

Smash Lord
If we were to get lucas's moves, we would've got them today. Don't expect them for a couple of weeks, if at all.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to hear some mother 3 music from brawl, that game has some great music. Also very curious on what the stage is gonna be.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
The pic that has Lucas pointing at an upward angle looks alot like Ness' forward throw.
Kirby's eyes might be watching the corpse flying away since characters make eye contact now.

Make of this what you will.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
the update in itself is okay, I could more easily see 2 earthbound representitives than one too. I just dont like how people are running around rambling about how this somehow deconfirms Ness... btw, how does that disconfirm Ness anyways? someone give me a mediocre idea as to how...

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
the update in itself is okay, I could more easily see 2 earthbound representitives than one too. I just dont like how people are running around rambling about how this somehow deconfirms Ness... btw, how does that disconfirm Ness anyways? someone give me a mediocre idea as to how...
Nobody can. All people can say is "I want him out because he sucks"

He doesn't suck, he's just not the greatest, we get it. Just because someone can't get a single kill playing with Ness doesn't mean he blows right out.

Also, I think people shouldn't wish some people's favorite character away just because they in particular don't like him.

Has anybody ever thought that Ness could return and be better than before? I guess some people don't believe in character editing.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Nobody can. All people can say is "I want him out because he sucks"

He doesn't suck, he's just not the greatest, we get it. Just because someone can't get a single kill playing with Ness doesn't mean he blows right out.

Also, I think people shouldn't wish some people's favorite character away just because they in particular don't like him.

Has anybody ever thought that Ness could return and be better than before? I guess some people don't believe in character editing.
Finally a Voice of reason ! God bless u good sir (^^)v

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm just pissed because of the fact that Lucas is japan-only, ESPECIALLY if he replaces Ness.

And it's not that Lucas deconfirms Ness, but it does lower his chances. One Earthbound character is enough to represent the series. Also, the first and third pictures sure do look like Nair and Fair of Ness's from Melee.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i actually think the second pic is lucas footstool hopping of meta-knight.
But Meta seems to be very much in control of his body. I would think that if he got footstool'd, his wings would be all catty wompus and his eyes would be closed in pain or confusion. I find it more likely that Lucas is just attacking (airdodging even?) with Meta Knight in the picture.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I'm just pissed because of the fact that Lucas is japan-only, ESPECIALLY if he replaces Ness.

And it's not that Lucas deconfirms Ness, but it does lower his chances. One Earthbound character is enough to represent the series. Also, the first and third pictures sure do look like Nair and Fair of Ness's from Melee.
oh its Nair???? I always thought it was Sair (Standard air)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ahh... honestly, I don't know much about Lucas, but from what I've read for Godpedia... or Wikipedia... whatever... he's an interesting character. I mean, I've been doing research on Lucas for ages! I've even seen that incredibly sad ending... *cries*

Glad to see him in. Now it's time to settle the score... who's better, Ness, Lucas... or MEWTWO?!

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
Come on Ness wasn't that bad. His bat is still pretty cool. As with any character it takes practice to become good with him/her. Looking at jigglypuff you definately do not think that any good can come from using her. Well some people can kick some serious butt using JPuff .

As far as Lucas is concerned. Seems pretty cool.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Ahh... honestly, I don't know much about Lucas, but from what I've read for Godpedia... or Wikipedia... whatever... he's an interesting character. I mean, I've been doing research on Lucas for ages! I've even seen that incredibly sad ending... *cries*

Glad to see him in. Now it's time to settle the score... who's better, Ness, Lucas... or MEWTWO?!
can u give me you data on Lucas good sir? (^^)v

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Come on Ness wasn't that bad. His bat is still pretty cool. As with any character it takes practice to become good with him/her. Looking at jigglypuff you definately do not think that any good can come from using her. Well some people can kick some serious butt using JPuff .

As far as Lucas is concerned. Seems pretty cool.
Ness was pretty awful in Melee. Do you have any idea how hard it was to use his 3rd Jump? I mean you can touch the psi thunder to stop Ness from recovering ;/ I'd have to say Ness had one of the worst if not the worst 3rd jump in the game.

His grab range is just lol, I mean he has PSI Powers I'm really surprised Sakurai didn't use them to extend his grab range in Melee.

I really hope Sakurai learned from his mistakes with Ness and didn't make the same when he was creating Lucas.

Anyway I hope tonights update is a Lucas's moves update or atleast some more screen shots of him.

-Knight

blayde_axel

Smash Master
You should check out wikipedia... I couldn't tell you exactly... lol.
Also, you should check out some footage of Mother3 and check out the ending for sure... unless you don't want Spoilers. In fact... don't even go to Wikipedia if you don't want spoilers.

BTW, I think it was you who said something aboutPSI Rockin? Ness had the move, for sure. It was his... "Ultima", I guess you could say.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Ness was pretty awful in Melee. Do you have any idea how hard it was to use his 3rd Jump? I mean you can touch the psi thunder to stop Ness from recovering ;/ I'd have to say Ness had one of the worst if not the worst 3rd jump in the game.

His grab range is just lol, I mean he has PSI Powers I'm really surprised Sakurai didn't use them to extend his grab range in Melee.

I really hope Sakurai learned from his mistakes with Ness and didn't make the same when he was creating Lucas.

Anyway I hope tonights update is a Lucas's moves update or atleast some more screen shots of him.

-Knight
its PK thunder.....and there are no awful characters....excpept for Pichu....he sucked...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
its PK thunder.....and there are no awful characters....excpept for Pichu....he sucked...
PSI Thunder, PK thunder they're basicly the same thing, why don't you play Earthbound and find out for yourself.

Yeah your right, there were not awful characters in Melee. Mewtwo was absolutely amazing...
:laugh:

-Knight

Top Bottom