• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
is jr still posting on here much? (ihavent checked the past pages, sry)

I would love to post a couple tourney sets of mine and see hwat him and you all think of em and if I have a really bad mindset in the falco mu, or if Im just getting "falco"d
=D

last set hasnt come in yet, so I cant post yet

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
actually, you know what helped my campiness game a lot?

believe it or not....

level 9 computers :)

no handicap or anything like that, but just choose your character and spam projectiles and try not to get hit. it helped me a LOT, and it's what helped me discover how young link counters slower characters soooo hard. if they can't get in easily, they're screwed.

that said, i think i can find the courage to counter bizzarro flame as time progresses. (however i think falco and sheik will always be hard counters. which is fine because ice climbers handles them nicely)

man. falco is the best character in the game LOL.

anyway joe, you got this. that's kinda how my ylink started as well, which is why my close range is pretty strong with young link compared to every single other young link player. i had to learn how to be spammy 2nd. i think starting out aggressive is a better foundation though. it's better for clutch situations and overall intuition when it comes to winning close range encounters, which is soooo important for our projectile based characters.

at least link has a long sword to win those haha. his jab and dsmash are great.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
john, i hardly post here anymore but i'm always reading/lurking this place =D

post the vids john!!! or linkem to me on fb. i wanna see the new and improved you

also i think i'm gonna use this thread as my official starcraft 2 diary soon

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
:D I'll try to be less impulsive on my grabs but they're sooooo fun. Just think of my style as a godly blade in the making. I'll sharpen it up with time

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i wish i could've played more at the tournament ;_;

but the people i did play, i had loads of fun playing

someday, i'll bring it and make it into bracket! (means i'll beat either project styles or ****aro flame!)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you got this spenser! (hopefully next time you can do it with KIRBY ONLY!!!)

haha yeah garlen there are times when being creative in grabs is okay. but usually just focus on getting the kill or high damage off the grab

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm thinking more and more that falco is a GODLY character.

i will never think any less of fox, but my eye's have only VERY recently been opened to falco's godliness and overall potential.

i guess i could be attending austin tourney's if i pay 40 bucks for round trip bus tickets, get a ride to and from the bus station in austin, and prolly have to leave early every damn time.
so balls.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I was looking at the swiss thread and basically the way to break ties that was suggested was similar to what we did, although they also took into account the ratings of the people each of the players lost to (which makes sense obviously, and probably would've bumped spenser up into the bracket). I'm really thinking of just making my own swiss format program that works specifically for smash (or rather doesn't have any of the hundereds of extra unnecessary options that most programs do). I'm trying to think of all the possible scenarios that the program would have to account for, and actually there seems like there could be a lot so it may not be worth my time. It'd be really nice to have though.

I agree that falco is looking pretty godly these days though. It seems like at the highest level of play it's quite a bit harder to use fox than falco, but they're pretty equal in terms of how hard they **** the other characters on the roster.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha he has always had the highest potential

but i think peach and marth can definitely contend pretty evenly

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
marth is good.
your marth just sucks.

so me and brian have to renew our 6 month lease and we were talking about all the reasons NOT to move to modesto. i then youtubed "modesto" and the top 6 results for drive-by shootings within the last two months.

i still think fox has a higher potential.........
That's what people have been saying and potential means that fox is failing to show his true self. If you want to win tournaments, you don't play fox unless you're mango, but he can win tournaments with almost any character so that's his ability to pilot the characters not the character itself. Surprisingly for the "best character" in the game for "n" years, he sure doesn't take a sizable amount of tops in tournaments to reflect that.

Hey Kenny, maybe you should try moving up north in Modesto. The closer you get to Ceres, the more dangerous it gets. Go too far up north and you're in stockton and yeah same story there.

Haha, Modesto never ceases to amaze me. I did the same search as Kenny, wow at those results

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so im meeting w/ bizzarro flame in the morning at my house. if anyone wants to come, just meet me there too!

edit: i just found out he wants to take 3 friends. haaha if he takes all of them i'll have a full car

so im meeting w/ bizzarro flame in the morning at my house. if anyone wants to come, just meet me there too!

edit: i just found out he wants to take 3 friends. haaha if he takes all of them i'll have a full car
what time? Ah, I have a yugioh tournament to attend. How long will they stay? I could go after the yugioh tournament, but it depends on how far I get in

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah, i listened to that song too and i LOL'd so hard

"straight switch up n***as you hella gay"
i'm gonna make a bunch of pamphlets for vacationing in modesto with a link to that song in the end.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
no, i saw it. me and brian shared a good laugh.

y'all need that guy to attend melee tourneys

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Bobby Siege is owning some noobs in a Catherine tournament which is being streamed right now. lol, I had no idea they even had these. He's doing commentary too. It's actually pretty entertaining though for those who have played the game. Check it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/finestKO

you must have a beard to post on the modesto thread from now on

also I can't believe I've posted over 1,600 times in a single thread. I probably need to start posting some more though

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Alright, I've had enough of these words that are typed by someone without a beard...
*Gasp!!!* =O . . .
No beard?
How will I ever spot kenny on the street randomly now???

And me too, jason =(((

Ok, so I finally remembered to get my sets up. . .
Besides puff, I think this is the mu I have the most problems/annoyances with (but it also might be one of my better MUs, if that makes sense)
I have this odd feeling that im missing one or two key things that Im doing/not doing too much/enough that will turn this MU around for me. Was hoping you guys could spot those things out, cause I cant.
So far I have that I need to stop hoping my opponent wont tech and start attacking the tech rolls more often, AND that I need to stop attacking off the ledge so much and getting easy shieldgrabbed->death.

Most of the links have kind of the same stuff in them, so watching one might be enough to understand what im doing bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--J0FfF8qc0&feature=channel_video_title - WF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAU9wd2wLTI&feature=relmfu - GF1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owfc-rzfVqg&feature=relmfu - GF2

But yeah, I appreciate whatever feedback you can give
Thanks

Top Bottom