• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just an update for u guys

i almost beat shroomed (who decided to go no doc for the tournament so it was pretty dumb lol)
bizz beat lunin and someone else i forgot
i 3-stocked sheridan
69% (viewtiful joe) defeated replicate (average joe)

joeplicate told me he wasn't really feelin fox that day, so i can see why he lost, but still. props to 69% for improving that much.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nope haha. i went ic's vs shroomed. he cp'd peach and beat my ICs in R2 and my YL lost to his peach in R3. my YL lost to sheridan's puff (i gotta put more time into him if i wanna win those) so i switched to ic's

i did go YL in every set, so i'm proud of that haha

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
holy **** you guys improve too much! . . . . (cept for joon)

I cant even imagine beating not-doc-shroomed or joe

. . . not in a demoralized way. . . just initially an odd thought

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah trust me, non-doc shroomed and off day average joe are not as hard as you think.

i'd like to see us beating them at their best.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Haha, good ish Andre, post birthday boi. Also JOE MANG yeeeee.

I finally get to go to a tourney this saturday, let's see if I can beat DP.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
*Gasp!!!* =O . . .
No beard?
How will I ever spot kenny on the street randomly now???

And me too, jason =(((

Ok, so I finally remembered to get my sets up. . .
Besides puff, I think this is the mu I have the most problems/annoyances with (but it also might be one of my better MUs, if that makes sense)
I have this odd feeling that im missing one or two key things that Im doing/not doing too much/enough that will turn this MU around for me. Was hoping you guys could spot those things out, cause I cant.
So far I have that I need to stop hoping my opponent wont tech and start attacking the tech rolls more often, AND that I need to stop attacking off the ledge so much and getting easy shieldgrabbed->death.

Most of the links have kind of the same stuff in them, so watching one might be enough to understand what im doing bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--J0FfF8qc0&feature=channel_video_title - WF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAU9wd2wLTI&feature=relmfu - GF1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owfc-rzfVqg&feature=relmfu - GF2

But yeah, I appreciate whatever feedback you can give
Thanks
i think your biggest problem is that you're trying to beat falco with falcon.
isn't that match up like 110/-10 falco's favor?
jizdesto ball z
also this

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
focus on hitting falco

break his control

all u need is one hit, then TURN UP THE HEAT and get that 0 death at all costs

this is the vibe i get when i play bizzarro flame at least. it's also what mango's falcon looks like

just hit that bird!

also dont spot dodge under pressure from falco, rolling is better. forward roll too good! or sh dair/nair out out of shield, but idk doesnt always work. keep experimenting

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I think if you got a little better at power shielding it would the turn the mu in your favor John, you are already very good at it, you just crumble under (Falco's) pressure. Look at the spots where he traps you and think of ways to not be in that position.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea, that's what i noticed too (and i only watched 2 minutes of the WF)

power shielding helps a little bit

but just like

tryna full hop and get hit confirms off of random attacks is really good. nairing through stuff (though it can be kinda hard cuz falco's priority is good.)

anyway, just hit falco with ANYTHING and make sure he dies off of it

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hahah trust me, non-doc shroomed and off day average joe are not as hard as you think.
Maaaaaaybe =D
But then again, Shroomed's marth beat scar . . . I cried. . .
*wink*@joon

i think your biggest problem is that you're trying to beat falco with falcon.
isn't that match up like 110/-10 falco's favor?
lolol, that would be so fuken scary if it was. . .
youre close though ;D

just hit that bird!
thanks =D
I get the gits of the MU (unless you saw otherwise)
like, I know real good spots to be using nair to get the grab and i know when to turn up aggro.
I just am looking for stuff like any negative consistencies in my play that I may not be seeing, or openings in this falco's early % game that I can jump on and get to tumble %s, that Im also not seeing

That's what Im really looking for.

and I had a long talk about powershielding with vegas ppl (+joon).
And I agree I need to work on it. . .but, long story short, I just hate (at this point in my game/skill level) trying to concentrate on PSing when, a lot of the time, Im going to caught in my shield while he's applying pressure, which seems to be a real bad thing.
And at that point (being in shield), Im really only playing on the chance that he'll mess up pressure, allowing me to get a grab/dair in, and that just doesnt really seem like a good approach to the situation. . . iono
when im focused, I can get hit by the laser on purpose and either waveland back or dd away, both of which seem to put me in a better spot to counterattack the falco's approach than being in shield and hoping for a messup. . . right? I mean, it seems logical. . . .
And a good portion of the other time, Im either double jumping over the lasers or possibly approaching w/ towardb if I think I can under the laser

And this way, Im only trying to ps lasers a much smaller % of the time, and thus, not being as predictable . . .

. . . longer story than I thought. . . but yeah, Dont think I could have gotten my thoughts out in anything shorter

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
john

i watched like half of the links you posted

besides the obvious stuff (not doing many 0-death punishes on falco)

i think the reason you have trouble vs falco is because you play sort of predictable. when i watch you play, most of the time you don't really mix it up. you already know what falco is capable of, so why are you challenging his bair when you're at the edge, or jumping back onto the stage with an aerial, after being fthrown off the ledge... only to eat an aerial in the face? you did this quite a lot. falco has many high priority moves so you just have to accept it and find timings and angles around his hitboxes. sometimes just playing defensive and throwing out hitboxes works really good, instead of trying to approach falco and shut him down. keep your head in the game and switch up from being offensive and defensive until he catches on. you can do mixes of the styles too. just find what works for you and stop being predictable. also you can do things like wavedash oos in between lasers to throw off his spacing, or dash way right after he lasers you (which i saw you did a few times)

once you become predictable, it means that you successfully conditioned your player into thinking that you are going to do the same thing every time. That is when you can mix it up and confuse him.

i hope this helped

another thought on mixing it up:

if you watch old videos of silentspectre, he would dash dance until his opponent approached him, and then he would shield and get a grab off of it. usually when a person approaches, they are feeling that they can predict how you will react, or they are just confident that they will hit you. throw in a random shield in the middle of your dashdance just for mixups. you might get a shield grab off it. you can usually tell when it is safe to shield grab (when they miss their timing on the fast fall because they didnt expect their hitbox to hit a shield, etc)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
do u ever feel like u want to turn up the heat after losing a stock?

or feel that ur getting pressured/punished too much and want to slow the game down?

u can truly do those things! :D

most matchups are very dynamic, meaning each character has a counter to certain matchup strategies. so even matchups are mostly spent trying to counter each other, this is why adaptation is necessary in every match!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Tournaments around here will be harder to hold now that school's started, but there is a decent amount of potential for a tournament in Tracy. It is closer to the bay so if you could get some bay area smashers over here then a lot of other people would be more interested in going too. It'd be cool to see some stockton/sac smashers come as well but they haven't been doing much in the melee scene recently. Fresno would probably try to come if there was a big enough turn out.

Idk, we'll have to see though. Basically if we can get a certain amount of good players to go, others will go to and it'll be a good sized tournament. If not, almost no one will show up lol. That's what happened at Modesto tournament #5. The better players in the area ended up being unable to go so no one was interested in going anymore. It ended up being a free tournament with an 8 man bracket, and half of the players were just random people who didn't even really play the game.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'll remember the date, but my schedule is so tight these days that making it to a tournament is going to be a long shot. however i'll consider it, and if i can come i'll definitely help out.

skeet bro, it'll help a lot if you can post a picture of the venue. it sounds really nice, and i think such a picture would do well to advertise the tourny.

if you can confirm the name of attending ranked players, that should draw in some players as well.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Well iv been talkin to several people from different crews and there seems to be a lot of interest from some well known players. I dont wana name drop since they havnt confirmed but hopefully they will start making posts in the thread. And if worst comes down to worst i know a few really good players in tracy. They just dont do the tournament scene unless it is in tracy. I really hope u will help promote and hype this thing. Especially in ur area.

Also i already took two pics of the inside. Not the greatest pics but ull get an idea of wgat we got. How do i post pics
:phone:

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, if you can get people to say they'll probably come, even if it's not for sure, their names will help bring in other names and it'll just build on itself. A picture of the venue would definitely help too.

I wish I had dewky's number because I'm sure he'd go to this if he still even plays. Have you talked to anyone from fta yet SuperSkeetSibling?

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Sssibling lol
Fta?
Should i just post on facebook or somethin. After i do that how do i post tge image here. Keep in mind i only have an iphone lol

Btw what is ur input as to when it should be? Go post in the thread tho

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
there's an mma fighter named nick diaz. he's from stockton. he's champion of the 170 devision (strikeforce). he **** talks so damn much (presumably to hype himself up).

before and during his fights, he's known to yell "stockton mutha****er! 209 *****!" and it's actually intimidating. lol he's ****ing crazy.

when i hear stockton, i don't think of crime or foreclosure rates. i think of FTA.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Mastershake- most dont have rides or money. Plus they dont care about competing. They r just satisfied playin with their usual group.

Choknater- i know mexican and kfc. We used to play. Havnet got ahold of mexican yet but am plannin on it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
alright. you're right. my response can make a difference. i'll be sure to say "that's ****!" whenever i hear someone telling a story in that certain way

Choknater loves that word almost as much as he likes high school girls.

Does your iphone have to put that little picture up everytime you post on smashboard?

Ah, I hate morning classes, can't stay up to watch my KPOP LIVE SHOWS

Also why does andre have positive posts now? WHY

Top Bottom