• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Work at 4:30 on sun. Small chance ill show for friendlies. If i trade with someone il go all day. When where how much etc.

:phone:

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Work at 4:30 on sun. Small chance ill show for friendlies. If i trade with someone il go all day. When where how much etc.

pm gkinfinity for choknater's address! :)

Entry Fees
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $2 per team ($1 each) (Will only happen if there’s time, entry fee may change)
Venue Fee - $1 for anyone who's playing in the tournament or friendlies. You've gotta pay this whether or not you actually enter the tournament.

ALSO:
actually, in all seriousness

I'll do tetris moneymatches (with tetris DS)

$1 per person, as many of you can compete at a time vs. me as you like since tetris DS has a teams function and single-card multiplayer. I'll put $1 in per person I'm playing against at once, and the MM is best of 9 rounds, no items. Everybody else is on a team against me, unless you'd like to do a 1v1/2v1/etc separately, but I'll take any size group of comers at once. You'd only need to bring a DS, since I have the copy of tetris DS needed for multiplayer.
BRING YOUR DSES!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Oh lol, I forgot to update the thread to say that a venue fee wasn't necessary lol

Also for whatever reason my internet's been pretty good recently which has always been the reason why tournament matches took so long to upload in the past. I'll make sure that all the best sets are recorded kenny (which basically means all of the sets I play since I'm without a doubt gonna jv 5 stock everyone in every game I play on sunday)

;)

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
oh yeah, merced wants to go back home around 7pm since people have early classes on monday. depending on how the swiss goes for singles, maybe doubles might be a bad idea if we do crews also.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hmmm. okay i see haha. alrighty! 7pm we can finish swiss singles and hopefully do crews after.

we can forgo teams if yall are leaving early

i dont really wanna do double elim teams and double elim singles. i think we have been pretty hyped for swiss singles for a while

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
just be sure to view the option of doubles/crews as an afterthought.

i need to see singles played out to the fullest. lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah swiss singles first priority as soon as merced arrives haha.

i hope other people from out of town can stay after though. maybe skeet and spense and stuff can stay till "closing" haha?

(till i close my legs yeah right)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
If keith isn't gonna be there don't we only have 4 people for the crew battle? Idk, we might just skip crews.

Then again, since there are going to be so many merced players there, we could do something weird like have every merced player get 2 stocks and have each of the modesto players get 5. The
number of stocks per person would depend on how many people actually came of course, but everyone would get to participate that way at least. Crews would only happen at the end though, and only if there's time.

I'd like to do doubles too, but unless doubles is played out before singles I kinda get the feeling that there won't be enough interest (despite the $1 per person entry fee). But finishing singles on time is obviously top priority so we'll do that first. I'll just make sure that once singles begins we're doing tournament matches only to ensure that we finish in time for other stuff. We should have plenty of setups (assuming merced brings one or two) and we definitely have enough tvs so I think we'll be fine as far as time is concerned

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't like offset crews.

i think i see a slight advantage for the side with less people.
(more percentage reset opportunities)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm normally not a big fan either. The number of people on each crew is so different in this case however that it seems like it could be interesting. I'm prepared to give merced an extra 2 stocks as well (basically an extra person) to offset any advantage

Lol, this is basically a merced tournament in modesto

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Hey boyzz!!!

hey, who's going to tourney play this next month in socal?
Andre? nick? Spense?!?!

Ive gone two tournaments in cali having not played any of yall. . .
So god help me. . . im gettin dos friendlies in!!

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
I just wana kno how early i can show up. The tourny starts at 12 but will anybody b there early? I may bring someone from my crew if he feels like waking up. Fat chance.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Awww i feel luved. I hope i dont dissapoint. Im nothin special in terms of skill but i do an awesome impersonation of the melee sound test lolz

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
they didn't give you a phone number to call?? that sucks, man.

LET HIM IN

edit: i've bumped into that problem at his house before...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
today's matches

were so epic

i'm salty

i shouldn't have copped out and given up on the courage

prj$ had a good run and the identity is revealed

however i think he's gonna retire, same as how Ino retired.

who will be next?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
results? and were they recorded?

You would say that, joon

you always COULD HAVE went. . .

. . . im still salty from genesis. . . .

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm

bizz just complimented prj$ on facebook haha

maybe he won't retire

but maybe i'll combine ic's + young link now :)

like... i was REALLY REALLY satisfied with my match vs maru. maru has historically done well vs my ic's in friendlies, but ylink is straight up really good vs peach. i'm no longer scared of peaches woo!

however, ganon is still problematic haha. jason is too gooood!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I've got school tomorrow and probably won't have any free time. I'll upload videos on tuesday probably. I'll post the full results and stuff tomorrow too.

Top 8 was-

1: GB (Falco)
2: Bizzarro Flame (Ganon)
3: Project $tylez (Young Link)
4: GKL (Ice Climbers)
5: Maru (Peach)
5: Gkinfinity (Zelda)
7: 69% (Link)
7: Yih (Fox)

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I've got school tomorrow and probably won't have any free time. I'll upload videos on tuesday probably. I'll post the full results and stuff tomorrow too.

Top 8 was-

1: GB (Falco)
2: Bizzarro Flame (Ganon)
Hm???

I just got really excited...haven't wanted to play this badly in a while. Can't wait till the next time I see the M-town homies.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah GB vs Bizz was pretty crazy. GFs was 2 sets. The first was 3-2 Bizzarro Flame, the second was 3-2 GB

Everyone in the top 8 seemed to be playing really well today. Matches were close and there were several crazy combos

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i really don't see why i didn't quit my job and fly to modesto for this gracious event.

edit: retiring the ylink because you lost is very un-andre-like behavior. you need a pep talk from kage the warrior!

It was fun playing again though I was really off from not playing for months. Sorry I was only able to stay for a couple hours, I had business to do. My mario got bodied pretty hard, oh well maybe next time.

GB was playing really well, simple spot on plays

Kenny should go to the merced tournament in october ;)

Edit: I found Choknater's posting rival on some random forum. Average number of posts per day: 330. Holy **** people get addicted to this nonsense.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Dang keith that was a tight video

I'm syncing the commentary for the first round winners sets right now. Commentary turned out fine actually

Top Bottom