• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey chok... did you ever play y. link against my ganon? i totally forgot if we did during genesis II.
yes, that night in the hotel room. i got 1-stocked.

the merced players who have the best chances of beating me are maru and bizz

however

that's jsut cuz my ic's are scared of those characters

but ylink conquers fear with a seal on his right hand. his young right hand.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i just worked for 11 hours and i'm wondering why.........

i was doing a lot of *****ing to my supervisor today about how i'm running his store and it's really been pissing me off. then he would try to mind game me into being greatful i have a job like this. then i told him he can get someone else to run his ****ty *** restaurant. he was in shock at first. he's really patient with me and seems to like me alot. (never raises his voice to me and he used to scream at my old boss) but he said if i want, he can have me be assistant manager so someone else can come in and be the main manager (like i am now). idk if i should follow through with this, or step aside and let someone else take some of this weight off my shoulders... hmmm.........

i just worked for 11 hours and i'm wondering why.........

i was doing a lot of *****ing to my supervisor today about how i'm running his store and it's really been pissing me off. then he would try to mind game me into being greatful i have a job like this. then i told him he can get someone else to run his ****ty *** restaurant. he was in shock at first. he's really patient with me and seems to like me alot. (never raises his voice to me and he used to scream at my old boss) but he said if i want, he can have me be assistant manager so someone else can come in and be the main manager (like i am now). idk if i should follow through with this, or step aside and let someone else take some of this weight off my shoulders... hmmm.........
WAGE RAISE, PUT THE STAKES UP HIGHER. On a serious note, yeah running restaurants is tough **** from what I've heard.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hmm

interesting stuff kenny

maybe u should whip out the ocarina and see what happens...

played nick today, nick was playin better. but the stylish project of courageous heart still prevailed.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i am SICK and TIRED of not playing you guys in melee.

i want to live somewhere in california but i keep reading about how high the unemployment rates are and it scares me into thinking i won't be able to get a job. (unless i settle for fast food with my management experience, but i think i'd rather eat a knife than move half way across the country to continue my "career" in the food service industry)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah dude, you could get a job at a little caesars here lol. Other jobs though... idk. I gave up on trying to get a job for the time being. **** this economy

But yeah I've been playing well the last few days. I don't see myself getting 9th at this next tournament lol

Getting a job is pretty difficult right now. I'm just doing my own little thing at Krier's + modding people's consoles / handhelds to get by for now.

I'd start up a restaurant just to have kenny run it.
I'd also put a WOMBO COMBO menu featuring the following combos:

Happy Feet
You Just Got Upsmashed
That Aint Falco
Oh! Oh! Oh My God!
Where You At
My **** Hurts
Wombo Master Special of the Day

Also tossgirl is starting to play sc2 as zerg from what I've heard...playing every race but protoss haha. If I remember correctly, choknater is a tossgirl fan. Wonder if Idra will make her cry again

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
there's a call center called "aegis" around the corner that is supposedly hiring.

you start off with 40 hours a week at 9 something an hour.
sitting down all ****ing day like keith used to do at the relay place.

When's the tournament? This Sunday at 1PM? I might not be able to make it on time so I'll either call Andre or Nick to let you guys know since I will be "out of town" until around 12. Considering random delays and other little things, I might not get there until 2. Just letting you guys know ahead of time so it doesn't look like I'm flaking out.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so i took the dead battery out of the car i bought for 300 bucks and took it to walmart.

i told them i bought it two years ago and it was under a 3 year warranty.
i don't have the receipt or any proof of purchase.
i left with a brand new free battery, an ironic receipt as proof of purchase, and a legit 3 year warranty on the new battery in my name.

**** walmart in the ***. i hate corporate america. **** YEAH!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Damn kenny lol. Way to beat the system

That reminds me of how Su bought an xbox at costco, then traded it in for an xbox 360 2 years later, and then traded it in for another 360 when it red ringed (although the new 360 had a much larger hard drive and came with free games and stuff). And yeah, he didn't have to pay any extra

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
just read mango's blog about genesis 2. i was eager to find out how he felt about the armada set.

how many times can some one say "i'm not johning" in between johns??
lolololololol

"i woulda won but i did this on accident.
i woulda won but i went for that even though i knew it wouldn't hit.
i woulda won but i sd'd.

he deserved the win but i easily could've won. i'm the better player."

i few judgement errors and a couple technical mistakes may not seem like much, but armada played amazingly the whole tourney and i don't see why anyone should try to take that away from him.

- king out -

edit: mango is ****ing amazing at this game. i'm actually really into the hype that comes along with him actually trying to **** people again. especially with fox. what a godly fox. amazing. i just can't get over that kind of cockiness.

so i took the dead battery out of the car i bought for 300 bucks and took it to walmart.

i told them i bought it two years ago and it was under a 3 year warranty.
i don't have the receipt or any proof of purchase.
i left with a brand new free battery, an ironic receipt as proof of purchase, and a legit 3 year warranty on the new battery in my name.

**** walmart in the ***. i hate corporate america. **** YEAH!
Get ****ed up Walmart. Actually I think the manufacturer is the one that gets ****ed in the ***, not walmart.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol try to put yourself in mango's shoes though. "i should've won" is a legitimate thing to say. i know you've been in close tournament matches before. people put a huge stigma on johnning, but giving your reasoning for losing a match is not a bad thing to do.

anyway

i'll start welcoming guests at noon, and i want everyone out by 11 pm!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i totally understand why people john.
i don't understand why people say "i'm not johning, just giving excuses for my loss"

i've said "i should've won" after almost every tourney set i've played. LOL

i actually think mango can beat armada, but to act like armada didn't deserve it is BS.
he played very consistently and made all the right decisions. that's what a good player does.
armada's good. great. ****ING GOD-LIKE!
he won that tournament with no chance for debate.

will he win next time? idk, but i can't wait to see.

greatest game of all time.

i totally understand why people john.
i don't understand why people say "i'm not johning, just giving excuses for my loss"

i've said "i should've won" after almost every tourney set i've played. LOL

i actually think mango can beat armada, but to act like armada didn't deserve it is BS.
he played very consistently and made all the right decisions. that's what a good player does.
armada's good. great. ****ING GOD-LIKE!
he won that tournament with no chance for debate.

will he win next time? idk, but i can't wait to see.

greatest game of all time.
Making the best choices makes you lose games sometimes, that's just how the game is. Overall consistency and multiple games are there to make up for those unexpected events. Armada is very good, can't expect Mango to beat him every single time even if he's better overall.

Anyhow, that's cool Andre. I never stay past 10-11 pm anyways.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well i mean, the matches WERE close. i don't think he means to take anything away from armada either. he acknowledges armada's skill, and gave reasons for his own decisions to stick with fox + try to play aggro.

also, even if he is "johnning," i think the reason he says "don't think i'm johnning" is because he wants to take the stigma away from his reasoning. he's not acting like a scrub

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you wouldn't defend those comments from someone you've never heard of who got last at a local tournament.

we know mango's amazing. i guess he thinks we forgot?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well from what I can tell mango was getting fed up with all the ******* who thought he was washed up and wasn't good anymore. There actually were a lot of people who thought that right before genesis 2. I remember reading a thread where a ton of people were saying stuff like 'yeah, mango's probably not even top 10 in the world' after one of the Rom tournaments or apex or something. The people saying that stuff clearly didn't go to any tournaments he was at or watch him playing friendlies though. He might have messed around in bracket at a lot of regionals/nationals, but he was still wrecking everybody's **** in friendlies before each of those tournaments.

Mango's still better than armada in my opinion, and I'm not just saying that because we live in the same state/country. Mango could be from Guatemala and armada could be my next door neighbor and I'd still have the same view. The largest reason I think mango's better is because he can win a national with several characters, and armada can only do it with peach. If I saw armada busting out characters and beating everyone with them I might change my mind about who's really the best in the world.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Hey anyone wana come to tracy today and smash. Anytime is good. I kno its last minute but im just puttin it out there. Call 209 879 3875

:phone:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i think secondaries should only come into play when it actually helps them get further in tournament. armada's ylink has clearly helped him in areas he didn't feel comfortable with peach. i believe he is more consistent and deals with pressure better than mango.

mango gets off with every character, but you can only be one character each match you're in and idk if he would've had an easier time with anyone other than fox. who knows.

i say it's too close to call right now, but i'm not just gonna say mango's the best in the world.
armada deserves a fair trial. lol

@ superskeetskeetskeet: i would, bro... i would...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think armada and mango are even, haha

skeet, i can't today, but are you coming to the tourny on sundaY?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
there's a call center called "aegis" around the corner that is supposedly hiring.

you start off with 40 hours a week at 9 something an hour.
sitting down all ****ing day like keith used to do at the relay place.
i walked in there to apply today and left 3 hours later with a job.

i ***** face. in the time i was there i watched about 15 people being told they might get a call in the next few weeks but when they came to get me after two interviews and 3 computer tests, they shook my hand and told me i have a job.

9.50 an hour is a lot of money around here from what i understand.
plus they're gonna start me off at 40 hours a week.
now watch i fail the piss test because awesomeness is considered an illegal substance in texas.

Top Bottom