• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

well here's my monthly post about how bad gsl finals are so brace yourself. This was another 4-0 final for like the fifth time. It was bad, but not as bad as the previous finals. The semifinals are always better

First sc2 bonjwa nestea, didn't lose a single game in the entire tournament.

You guys should watch the Yellow v. Boxer show match

Lol, GSL finals sound like they're always one sided and not particularly fun to watch
they are always one sided but usually one player prepares never before seen builds and wrecks the other player. Nestea wrecked everyone in the GSL. The GSL semifinals are the best though.

There was one game where nestea made a LOT of overseers and he kept using the contaminate spell on the hatcheries and tech buildings so it was basically a lock for the entire game where Losira could barely make any units.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah, nestea is pretty baller for sure. zvz is far more entertaining to watch than tvt or pvp though so it wasnt so bad of a finals. i wish i didnt have to work this weekend so i could watch evo and mlg :( ****ing two amazing tournies i have to completely miss out on.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
mikey, if you read this, call/text me tomorrow some time.

i have NNNEEEEEWWWWWWSSSSS

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO

thats a great thing to say on commentary

"wow... yo... start touching yourself right now"

or like

"OHHHHHHH! man... i hope you were touching yourself right there!"

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm pretty sure i'm buying a car on thursday for 300 dollars.
it's basically the exact same car i had like 2 years ago, only it's dark red instead of blue.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it runs pretty well, actually. it belongs to my friend. i've driven it quite a few times because he doesn't like driving so he makes me drive when we hang out.

there were two issues with the car, but he fixed them both like two weeks ago.
he's making an abrupt move to his home town and it's unrealistic for him to take the car so he wanted to sell it asap for some cash to travel on.

the problems it has are stupid stuff that i'm used to.
this window doesn't go down.
that door only opens from the inside.
the key only locks the passenger's side door.

i don't even know what i need a car for right now.
i'm just doing it because it's a good deal.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
of course it's safe. it's got belts on the seats, airbags in the dash, and condoms in the glove box.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Who would b interested in coming to tracy in abour a week or two for a small smashfest. If more than about 5 people wana come i can rent out the recroom where i live. I used to hold tournies there big enough for about 30 to 40 people. Or if only one or two peeps feel like hangin at my house just lemme kno. Im just gona c what my work schedule looks like next week then try it on my day off.

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the skeet master clockin in!

haha i'd be down, just depending on the date! :) :)

anyone have mvc3? lol.

idk we'll see though i'm much busier these days

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Who would b interested in coming to tracy in abour a week or two for a small smashfest. If more than about 5 people wana come i can rent out the recroom where i live. I used to hold tournies there big enough for about 30 to 40 people. Or if only one or two peeps feel like hangin at my house just lemme kno. Im just gona c what my work schedule looks like next week then try it on my day off.

I'm definitely down for a smashfest (and free pretty much any day this month). You know, we could actually just host a tournament there if there's enough interest. How much would it cost to rent the venue? I mean if Merced was able to show up, I could bring the Modesto peeps and call up the stockton guys to see if they wanted to go. It wouldn't be huge but it'd have a decent turnout

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow. 209 tourny? sounds ****!!!

we can even bring back the low tier side tourny :)

because, you know... skeet's link, my ylink, nick's zelda

i can even help advertise. i can make a poster featuring project skeet infinity.

ahahah. skeetbro's tournys tend to flop (sorry about the past haha) but with me and GK ppl may find it more credible to come?

and even if a lot of ppl dont come, it'll be fun to smash anyway

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
As for the cost of the venue, its free which is awesome! Since its a recroom for the neighborhood i live in. I just have to put down a deposit of 100$, which is no big deal. However i can only use it on saturdays or sundays and i have to check availability. So if this does turnout to be more than just a few heads i may have to wait a few weeks if they r booked. And if not thats fine cause im tryin to keep it simple.

@ choknater- for the record only the last 2 were flops. The other 3 were pretty kickass for being 209 and hosted by an unknown i must say. I yeah maybe get some low tier action too lol. Which actually brings me to a new idea i had for a new format for crews. Allow me to explain.....

Random select tier crews.
3 vs 3
-first a tier is selected at random for low mid or top (combining the tiers into 3 categories for simplicity)
- each crew select one person to play the tier
- each player randomly selects a character until they land on one of their tier. Then each player may choose to reselect random only once. U r stuck with what it lands on after that unless it is the same character.
- each player bans one stage from the neutral stages then selects random ( set to neutral only)
-after the match another tier is randomly selected and BOTH crews choose two new players. Repeat the last few steps then repeat again for the 3rd and final tier.
- if it was not a shut out then the one remaining crew member must play the two remaining opponents seperately. Both sides starting with whatever stock they had leftover.
- the tier is selected based on the tiers both players played so that neither side plays the same tier. Anotherwards if the low tier winner plays the mid tier winner, then the two will play top tier

I tried it out at genesis 2 a few times. It was fun but we didnt have actual crew members playing but random players testing the format

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that sounds awkward LOL

one good falco or sheik player would obliterate the whole thing

low tiers vs low tiers fair ground!!!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
get ready for cpu sweetness all over your keyboards

edit: AND NICK I SEE HOW IT IS. :[
Not sure what you're referring to, unless it's this

I'm definitely down for a smashfest (and free pretty much any day this month WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THIS WEEK BECAUSE I'M ON VACATION)
*Edited*

As for the cost of the venue, its free which is awesome! Since its a recroom for the neighborhood i live in. I just have to put down a deposit of 100$, which is no big deal. However i can only use it on saturdays or sundays and i have to check availability. So if this does turnout to be more than just a few heads i may have to wait a few weeks if they r booked. And if not thats fine cause im tryin to keep it simple.

@ choknater- for the record only the last 2 were flops. The other 3 were pretty kickass for being 209 and hosted by an unknown i must say.:phone:
Well yeah, if you don't feel up to hosting a tournament and want to keep it small we could just have the modesto crowd head over. If you are though I've got plenty of Tvs, setups, and a laptop for recording matches and running the bracket. That venue sounds legit though.

Heh, the last modesto tourney only had 8 people show up I think because everyone was too busy lol

low tiers vs low tiers fair ground!!!
Items on, Pichu only, Hyrule temple

Top Bottom