• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL. my voice is pretty cute man. :)

anyway

pretty sure project styles is gonna enter the next modesto/tracy local!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we gotta do a low tier side tourny to feature me and nick!!!!

i got an idea.... let's name the tournament GECKO STYLES.

LOL. my voice is pretty cute man. :)

anyway

pretty sure project styles is gonna enter the next modesto/tracy local!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we gotta do a low tier side tourny to feature me and nick!!!!

i got an idea.... let's name the tournament GECKO STYLES.
If we could get the tournament to run quickly, it could be possible to do two at once or ditch the doubles tournament. Usually that tournament is like three rounds big at least in modesto terms

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I definitely wanna do swiss format now. One of the merced tournaments used swiss format before (thanks to eric AKA violence) and I kind of remember how he did it. He ran the entire tournament using microsoft excel, so you don't really even need software. I'll either download some kinda of swiss tournament format software or program something myself before the tournament though.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
oh and yeah if you wanna talk to john about the tournament thing adaias please do. Since you go there anyway it'd be wayyyyy more convenient. And honestly if he's fine with it you could even set the date for the tournament. If you do talk to him ask if the 21st or 28th would work since either should be fine for me (and hopefully others)

oh and yeah if you wanna talk to john about the tournament thing adaias please do. Since you go there anyway it'd be wayyyyy more convenient. And honestly if he's fine with it you could even set the date for the tournament. If you do talk to him ask if the 21st or 28th would work since either should be fine for me (and hopefully others)
Alright, I'll ask him on saturday, I'll let you know ahead of time if he's not there for some reason, but I sometimes drop by on other days anyways so I'll probably catch him then.

So I'm guessing it'll be singles (regular and low tier) instead of having regular singles and doubles? Sounds good

Also Spenser, you'd get wrecked by me in a touhou tournament. GET TRAIN WRECKED. It'd probably be the other way around if it was tetris though

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man godlike modesto style tournament

melee singles.... okay...

melee low tiers... HELL YEAH... with commentary... gk infinity + 100 youtube subscribers...

tetris/touhou suuwo vs kirbyraeg MM.... on PROJECTOR.... evo hype... sponsorships...

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Choknater check ur private messages. My number is in it. I maybe goin to a cupertino tourny. Im thinkin we postpone our smashsession or carpool. Gimme a call after 7 tonite either way.

:phone:

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
mga2 would probably **** in touhou. when he first introduced me to it, he knew almost all of the patterns. i don't know if they are still fresh in his mind though.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Oh man we've gotta have a touhou side tourney now

And I need to find someone who's willing to challenge spenser to a MM in tetris (and essentially give him free money)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh. i don't know if my body is ready for touhou MM's and master-leader vs bizzarro "jason-yoon" flame MM's.

however my body is ready to MM both of them and win with young link... oh wait... that's project styles' job...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pretty sure he's gonna style on the leader of masters all day. he'll also put out the flame from another world using a courage that pervades all eras.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Oh man we've gotta have a touhou side tourney now

And I need to find someone who's willing to challenge spenser to a MM in tetris (and essentially give him free money)
ever since i beat your top score on facebook's tetris, i've been playing on nullpomino.
i think i wanna mm KirbyGearSolid.
freem money for me if bump THIS in my headphones.
pretty sure he's gonna style on the leader of masters all day. he'll also put out the flame from another world using a courage that pervades all eras.
this would make a top ten list of best posts on smashboards.
why isn't there a 'like' button?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

MODESTO BALL Z

new thread title pls kenny holland.

next time on modesto ball z.... quadriforce battle!

+ evo hype + touhou sponsorships

pretty sure this thread would rank top 5 among a greatest threads of all forums in the entire world ranking, by USA today.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
Double post using the triforce of courage

Last time, on Modesto Ball Z, choknater remains overly confident, while lumpy's car continues to be stolen. Can our heros overcome these challenges? Will humbleness hit choknator like so many shines? Will Lumpy ever truly care about anything? All that and more, today on Modesto Ball Z

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fusion dance w/ kenny all day using the double chu dance at kaiokenx4

we 12-stock mango, armada, and hungrybox all on a team using our ****s and a wavebird with 1 battery

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Choknater- sorry its in campbell which is like 5 min from cupertino and sanjose. Dont think i can carpool anymore since im stayim at my gf's house in pleasanton afterward.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ever since i beat your top score on facebook's tetris, i've been playing on nullpomino.
i think i wanna mm KirbyGearSolid.
freem money for me if bump THIS in my headphones.

this would make a top ten list of best posts on smashboards.
why isn't there a 'like' button?
nullpomino?

heard of it but never tried it, but you must be pretty legit at tetris by now

also this thread became cooler the moment i started posting less in it... :urg:

p.s. your money is still free

as free as the sky is blue

as free as a lv. 1 lumpy**** vs. a lv. 9 kirbyrape

aite, tomorrow is ask john day, hope he's there. I haven't played melee since I was at andre's house. Time to call back muscle memory, though I am pretty sure my hands will feel like **** after the tournament for not playing recently

I read some articles about tournament winners and what leads to more consistent top results. It talked about how aggressive playing leads to larger win margins("win-more"), but seeing how a win is a win, it's irrelevant and that long tournaments reward conservative safe playing styles that win with small margins. Seems pretty consistent with tournaments I follow including stuff like starcraft, melee, etc. Obviously playing too safe leads to get ***** by aggressive playing styles but it's all about finding that balance to win by the smallest margins consistently each game (though I suppose it could apply to whole best of x sets, but that's something else)

It's kind of interesting to look at tournament results with those sort of things in mind now that I researched some of that stuff. They make a little bit more sense too.

Well, hopefully someone here finds some of that interesting at least. Maybe I'm the only to notice it now while everyone else has seen those patterns before.

Hey Nick, about how long does it take for modesto tournaments to finish? I might need that information for tomorrow

Top Bottom