• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

i like not t-ara

actually they are ok

but korean music videos have like.. way too many cuts, it's like i'm having a seizure.
that's because kpop sells a lot on the whole "idol" thing and there are like 1544564564564534534354 members on each group. You have clearly not seen 5doll's like this or that music video. You will learn the definition of a seizure then because not only does it switch between each member like every half a second, it switches through their other outfit at the same time. It's just....a bad experience

Anyways who watches kpop MVs? The songs they played in GSL were the ones I liked so I was happy about that. I don't really like their other songs a whole lot.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
^^^ maybe not the best idea........ they're going to go over his head, and he won't know why the winner is winning. he'll just think the other guy sucks.

you should have him watch this link. it really helped me out actually when keith showed it to me years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk7DgqSzXks
shameless plug to video where best player in the world calls kenny amazing :D

and shameless self plug for linking video that i recommended (in another dimension)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
omg, the best player in the world called me amazing. haha i never realized that. maybe i AM amazing!

the video only has 400 views and only has like 5 comments.

that explains why peepee got so good, he must have seen EVERY smash video on youtube!

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
omg, the best player in the world called me amazing. haha i never realized that. maybe i AM amazing!

the video only has 400 views and only has like 5 comments.

that explains why peepee got so good, he must have seen EVERY smash video on youtube!
It's obvious he only watches the best of the best, hence said video

:phone:

I think I finally learned how to approach aka stop fast falling everything instantly. Should have done this a year ago to increase my range and longevity of my aerials.

YEAH THE MAGICS OF NEVER PLAYING ANYONE. So this is how Kenny feels. Hey Jr when do you plan on visiting NorCal?

I want to practice a bit against fox and marth
I secretly just want to play your ness but you dont see this

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
if i do visit norcal soon, it'll be during or around genesis 2. let's play when i get down! i love teaching <3

most ppl dont understand my teaching methods tho........................... sadness

MasterShake

Smash Lord
The problem with Melee is that it's so personalized...it's like teaching a super hard version of math.

Like one person may get it right away, another may need to learn at his own pace or do it using another method, etc...

But that's one of the things I love about this game. The only thing holding you back is yourself.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
haha jr did i learn anything from you? i dont know if im a good student or not :/

btw adaias and nick, i just got back from my dads house, if you guys can roll through tomorow (wednesday) or thursday, you should come by and play some stuffs. i'll have work a lot of days after that :/

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
I learned a lot from what you taught me. I didn't see what was confusing about it.
i just think my methods are a lot more focused than what most people would say.

like some people's teaching methods are just like "spam this move more, it's really good"

and that type of advice works really well for some people.

also that's really cool you learned a lot from what i was going over with you. i think you're talking about those friendlies we had at keith's house that one time?

haha jr did i learn anything from you? i dont know if im a good student or not :/

btw adaias and nick, i just got back from my dads house, if you guys can roll through tomorow (wednesday) or thursday, you should come by and play some stuffs. i'll have work a lot of days after that :/
i dunno, DID you learn anything?! lol only you can tell me that answer. you told me you stole some moves from me though, like the falling uairs that i didn't realize i did lol. if anything, i learned from you >_> we talk a lot of strategy whenever i'm down there. i remember going in depth about the marth vs ganon matchup with you haha <3

discussing smash is so fun though. i really wish i still lived in 209 cus it'd be hella fun chilling with everybody X_X.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Man, after not playing melee for weeks and then using characters like marth and falcon which I don't really ever use normally I'm GODLIKE for one game with each of them and then I suck again. I played kaushik the other day and I'm really in the mood to train for genesis now.

Unfortunately I'm really busy the next 2 days keith. Thursday's my last day of work for the school year so I've gotta clean up my site, take inventory, and drop stuff off at the office (etc.) so I'm not gonna be free until friday. I'm pretty much down to smash any day after that though. Let me know when you're free after that.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
damn thats bad timing... after thursday i work for a **** load of days in a row, i think i have next wednesday off and then the weekend off a few days after, other than that i'm working every single day.... pretty ****ty. the new schedule came out today and im working way more than i want to, bleh.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Oh wow that sucks. Actually ****, my brother's graduating next wednesday so I can't hang out then either. WTF that's terrible timing

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i would HELLA love to come to cali for like two weeks before genesis2 and kick it with all da niggynigz that i love so much. 209 people are ballin' compared to anywhere else i've been.

my motivation for this post was thinking about training with jr. i felt like i learned a lot and improved a whole bunch from it.

JR, when you "teach" someone, do you see the improvements? or do you feel like you're talking to a wall?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if i were to make any plans.... it would have to happen sooooon. i have to think money...

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
lol thats kinda how i meant to word my question to him kenny, not neccesarilly did i learn, but did he see me improve or feel as though i got what he was trying to teach.

you should come back for genesis 2 though, would be legitski

i just think my methods are a lot more focused than what most people would say.

like some people's teaching methods are just like "spam this move more, it's really good"

and that type of advice works really well for some people.

also that's really cool you learned a lot from what i was going over with you. i think you're talking about those friendlies we had at keith's house that one time?
Yeah that one time. I think I'm smart enough to figure out what moves are good to use really. I don't need any mango level advice like "keep hitting him with x"

The more specific situations are good to learn and overall strategy / metagame stuff. What you want to try to bait out and what not. I've gotten like x3 as good since that one time, but little things like that helped speed up the process.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
350bucks is the cheapest roundtrip plane tickets i'm finding......... ouch. idk, broskis. i could do it, but i wouldn't be financially comfortable, in the least bit.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
for all you animation junkies, look at this vid, pretty sweets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZTN-jRRM30

oh and kenny i did a tiny bit of looking around already, i texted you a picture
i can't receive picture messages.
i just get a text from a random number telling me someone sent me a message.
i never have any idea what it was or who sent it. lol

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
ah, it's nothing new really, but the animation is pretty detailed. I'm no animation junkie though, my computer knowledge is more on programming and that sort of stuff.
yeah, it actually is pretty new lol, i did a bit of research on it. the technology used to render this is so advanced, it takes completely proprietary hardware to run at the moment.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
yeah glossy eyes is probably a quick and simple fix. its too bad we wont see tech like this in any games for a while >_< i guess the la noire models is the best we'll get for a while.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i should stick to being a square. it's much more safe.

it's always funny the day after when someone tells me i'm a good driver when i'm drunk...
especially when i have no recollection of ever driving that night.

Top Bottom