• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

MasterShake

Smash Lord
YS - Marth's favor by a large margin, or at least I guess so, I've never been able to cp a falcon here since they always ban it.
FoD - Marth's favor by a tiny margin or even. Platforms disrupt both characters but Marth has platforms in the first place to work with.
BF - Even...ish
FD - Falcon's favor by a good margin
DL - Falcon's favor...
KJ - Falcon...
Brin - Falcon I think. Marth's spacing is so wonky. And Falcon definitely gets help from the lava (better than what it gives marth)
PS - Eh, Falcon.
RC - I think Marth! Been doing some thinking about this stage and I don't think it's that bad for Marth if he faces a character without a projectile. The platforms are placed well for him and there's no reason for him to approach unsafely.

If you want me to elaborate more I can. Also I think the mu is 55-45 Falcon lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i agree with the master of moon-leading

i actually have a lot of exp in that matchup lately with my boy myl

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wow. melee talk in modesto thread.

i wouldn't mind playing you guys. let's have a smashfest at my house!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm gonna train with spenser this summer. And keith and adaias of course if they're down, but not as often because spenser's within walking distance from my place

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i'm definitely down to train a lot this summer, especially before genesis 2. i can also have some peeps sleep over for a couple days at a time to make the slightly long drive more cost efficient. lemme know, also whenever youre done with school nick, you should see if you can get any days to come over.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
actually idk bro

hyrule's pretty far
I play zelda son. I'll just teleport over.

i'm definitely down to train a lot this summer, especially before genesis 2. i can also have some peeps sleep over for a couple days at a time to make the slightly long drive more cost efficient. lemme know, also whenever youre done with school nick, you should see if you can get any days to come over.
Yeah that sounds good. I actually just finished so I'm free for the summer. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

double post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmqs_6CBzcU

1:38 = win <3

edit: just realized some smash peeps might not know that's what one of my wow characters and my sc2 name is, lol.
Awesome

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick, do you main zelda still? or did you ever get around to committing to puff?

your puff was getting good last i remember.

nick, do you main zelda still? or did you ever get around to committing to puff?

His puff is better than it was back when you were here :p

Still no match for jank characters though like ICs and PEACH and other floaties.

His Zelda's gotten pretty good too.

As for Genesis I'll practice melee for sure even though I won't enter in melee. I probably won't enter brawl either since I don't care enough about the actual tournament, I just want to see some godly matches

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Lumpy's Thoughts on Stuff and/or Life. Episode1.

i don't want to feel any romantic or sexual attraction. it makes me question my own worth. i don't like that. i want to remain confident that i can do whatever the fudge i want without any regard for others. i can't be that selfish if i'm planning to one day support a wife/family. on the other hand, i know i cannot deny my impulses/urges/instincts forever and i will eventually justify being in a romantic relationship of some kind. when i feel strongly for a girl, i start frantically searching for her flaws. i think it's a psychological defense. my mind is trying to protect my beliefs and keep me from second guessing my decision to become celibate. the mind doesn't want you to ever know you were wrong. that's why we all have such a hard time seeing things through each other's prospective. i think most of the time people are seemingly empathetic, it's a subconscious effort to fit in with society more than it is a genuine role of support. i'm getting off topic. i'm ranting and saying things i haven't fully thought out. i'll likely admit at a later time that i have more holes in my logic than i do in my underwear (a lot).

i'll address any questions or comments anyone might have, but i expect this kind of post to be mostly just for myself.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion

My puff sucks ****. Rofl, seriously though after you left I pretty much stopped playing puff altogether. I've never enjoyed using puff really; or maybe I did at one point but it was so long ago that I can't remember. It's really stupid because I'll randomly use puff in tournaments when I feel like any of my other characters would get ***** and it'll be rusty as **** but still do okay I guess. My other characters have improved quite a bit though. My fox, falco, sheik, zelda (and marth on rare occasions) seem pretty decent to me.

Lumpy's Thoughts on Stuff and/or Life. Episode1.

i don't want to feel any romantic or sexual attraction. it makes me question my own worth. i don't like that. i want to remain confident that i can do whatever the fudge i want without any regard for others. i can't be that selfish if i'm planning to one day support a wife/family. on the other hand, i know i cannot deny my impulses/urges/instincts forever and i will eventually justify being in a romantic relationship of some kind. when i feel strongly for a girl, i start frantically searching for her flaws. i think it's a psychological defense. my mind is trying to protect my beliefs and keep me from second guessing my decision to become celibate. the mind doesn't want you to ever know you were wrong. that's why we all have such a hard time seeing things through each other's prospective. i think most of the time people are seemingly empathetic, it's a subconscious effort to fit in with society more than it is a genuine role of support. i'm getting off topic. i'm ranting and saying things i haven't fully thought out. i'll likely admit at a later time that i have more holes in my logic than i do in my underwear (a lot).

i'll address any questions or comments anyone might have, but i expect this kind of post to be mostly just for myself.
Damn kenny, hurry up and move back to california already. I miss your rants and random thought process lol

I think it makes sense to look for flaws in another person though. No one's perfect, so I think it also makes sense to accept their flaws (to a certain extent) since you'll undoubtedly have some flaws of your own.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Damn kenny, hurry up and move back to california already. I miss your rants and random thought process lol

I think it makes sense to look for flaws in another person though. No one's perfect, so I think it also makes sense to accept their flaws (to a certain extent) since you'll undoubtedly have some flaws of your own.
well i know everyone has flaws, but that's not why i look for and acknowledge them.
i'm fairly certain that i use a female's flaws to help build a case against them when i'm considering them a potential mate. since nobody's perfect, i'll continue unfairly disqualifying every female i meet so that i can be alone by default. of course i could be wrong. it's hard to backwards rationalize my own judgments if i didn't consciously choose to make them.

edit: all of that is probably bull**** because i've been talking to this girl i like lately and she's not perfect at all. FMLLMAOLOL

edit: edit: since you say your fox and falco have gotten better and i've gotten much worse, we might actually have some close games. ;)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Haha if you've gotten worse, I think I've gotten a bit better, I might be able to take a legit game or two off you from time to time.

:phone:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Haha if you've gotten worse, I think I've gotten a bit better, I might be able to take a legit game or two off you from time to time.

:phone:
now you're just getting cocky. we both know that there's nothing legitimate about you unplugging my controller during a match.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
meh, i guess it depends on how you want to define "better" when deciding MU numbers. . .

you can make the argument that, in the current meta game, falcon has been seeing way more progression that marth's have in the last 2 years. And because of that, falcon could have an edge. . . . but at the same time, because of the lack of metagame progression, I think marth players make worse decisions than falcon players and are bad in comparison to falcons at equal skill levels.

But if both characters had been getting equal exp, I think it's marth who would have the advantage easily. Theory bros, i know, but 5-6 years of game exp should make it so what im saying to be not 100% speculation.

I'll tell you what, because theoretical arguments are a lot harder to back up than empirical ones, we can make a change to our mm. . . how about we, instead of just doing one bo5 falconvsmarth, we do 5 bo5s on each of the 5 neutral stages, marthVSfalcon? We're somewhat equal players and somewhat as good with each other's mains.

hm?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
lol i nearly **** my pants when, after reading '90-10', I expected to read falcon's name in that split second before seeing IC's =D

you watching the IGN?
Cmooooon! GO eye-dra! its 2-2 first set of GFs

There are a bunch of ****ty sc2 tournaments and leagues that most of them are not worth looking. I think the GSL and the TSL are the only ones worth looking at. The other ones...just look like general masters ladder games, nothing amazing or really worth looking at.

I'm mostly watching BW games now :urg:

BW is having some queen play going on against mech terran. It's pretty beast

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
played marvel with rj and daryl

im pretty impressed but

dayum

what if i actually had the game

i wanna get it soon and be godlike

wur on turror works guys. Now we need the wur on drugz to work. They only have to kill about 10 cartel bosses with private armies

Kenny you could just be the average American and not even bother voting. No one votes anyways, it's not like people want to have any impact or anything or have some reason to complain about voted officials when they never voted in the first place.

Hey do you guys want to talk about smash or something? Project M has some jank grab slide glitches. Today I up B'ed with marth and I think I was supposed to sweetspot but I somehow got grabbed but the grab got canceled and I flew from the ledge all the way across FD

Top Bottom