• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

I'll MM your fox the next time we play andre, even though I agree with you lol
Yeah it's an impossible match up if you approach vertically, but knowing the way I play I still approach Nick's zelda horizontally and try to brute force my way through. It's more fun but sometimes I get a taste of **** from fair

Kirby v Fox is like playing with a jigglypuff with bad grabs and no rest...and no gimps and.... yeah good luck winning that as kirby.

SNSD video time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN5v61brFKk

should have linked it back when it got leaked but whatever. TL.net gets me all those kpop leaks and links. I didn't even know it was actually in Japanese until I paid close attention...their korean accent is that bad

Hey spenser I'll MM you. Kirby ditto for $1 (actually I changed my mind, my dignity is worth maybe just a tiny bit more than $1)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah it's an impossible match up if you approach vertically,
I disagree. I think the only reason it's impossible is because fox can laser camp her and force her to approach. Since she's slow and doesn't have good approach options he can then punish her in a variety of different ways by overwhelming her with speed.

I disagree. I think the only reason it's impossible is because fox can laser camp her and force her to approach. Since she's slow and doesn't have good approach options he can then punish her in a variety of different ways by overwhelming her with speed.
yeah that works too, actually even better than vertical approaches. I forgot about laser camping.

WOW NESTEA...those games with SC were so godly. The last game was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close. I honestly thought he would lose but he managed to pull through. Now time for another disappointing final

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if there's any character who can projectile camp zelda

it's young link ;) ;)

and ice climbers LOOOOOOL!

keith yeah that'd be fun, i needa get better at that matchup and i've been getting practice in it with myl. his marth is really good at the standard matchups too

POWERSHIELD. Actually I don't know either, but ganon's weight would be his saving grace here. Give young link the DOUBLE DIPPER and he's DONE.

I don't actually know how that match-up goes, never seen it happen.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
It's cool until young link camps the balls off of ganon. Powershielding his projectiles are kind of useless because young link has an auto powershield if he just stands...not to mention bombs and boomerangs can shield poke.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Yeah even though it's old school, watch aniki vs Ken. Link/young link can camp the balls off of any not super fast non projectile user

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ylink vs marth is actually a very dynamic matchup that i have a lot of exp in

good use of shield and fair though, i think gives marth the edge 60 40

edge guarding ylink can be hard but if u do it well (dtilt, fsmash, counter) ylink will die quickly. however ylink can play keepaway so well, marth has trouble getting in. marth TAPS on smaller stages, its about even on dreamland

Does marth's nair work well against an anticipated ylink chain recovery or whatever it's called? It works well with fox and other sex kick users, but I've never played that match up as marth

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that's why i said you'd have to take stocks off my spacies.

lol i know you get all "omg why he so fast SLOW DOWN SO I CAN MOVE"
(at least in your head)
lolol so true

but yeah. i will attempt to take stocks off your fox with kirby

then when it doesn't work i'll go sheik and whoop your aszsssssssssssssssssssssssz

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
against chain recovery u generally wanna stay on the stage, though i guess i can see more risky things of marth dropping down and catching it. however, if link/ylink scouts that, they can just upB and hit u. it's best just to stay on stage or edge hog. marth's corner game is too good anyway

against chain recovery u generally wanna stay on the stage, though i guess i can see more risky things of marth dropping down and catching it. however, if link/ylink scouts that, they can just upB and hit u. it's best just to stay on stage or edge hog. marth's corner game is too good anyway
Alright, yeah. Marth's nair doesn't last long enough and it does seem better to play it safe with marth's godly ledge options.

wow I forgot I had 69% on my ignore list so I wasnt even able to peek at his posts once in a while anymore. Smashboards removed that notice now right? Well he's off my list for now

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
ledgeguarding link (or i guess ylink also?) is pretty hard for marth if the link is good with his options. if you are coming from high, cover your path with a bomb, and if you are coming from low, either sweet spot the ledge with a hook shot, or pseudo sweet spot it under, so that the hookshot 'hop' takes you right to the edge. can also ledge hop bomb throw as well; a lot of this is coming from my link exp but also a bit from playing 69/100.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
We played mvc3 at my house all day today. RJ's pretty good (beat the rest of us easily), but I wonder if he'd be able to beat Garlen. Idk why but I get the feeling that Garlen is actually better.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i dont even hAVE the game guys LOL!

however i'm still theorycrafting my thrown-together-team of cute girls. i'm thinking of starting x-23 and gonna try to figure out ways of doing dhc trick in to hsien ko gold armor.

but yeah, rj is currently better thna me so he'd be a better challenge for garlen right now.

when i played him he won about 70% of matches. that doom is good, spencer is pretty good.... but it aint SPENSER.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
i was just talking about how me, su, preet, and rj played yesterday. I've actually played with RJ every other day since he got back (last sunday). RJ's actually switched up his team and learned a few more godly combos since you played him andre. You're really good for not having the game. Of course, I don't either hence why I suck lol.

RJ's leaving next weekend though. We'll both try to go over to your house sometime this week keith.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ROFL

when i first met him he was the strangest guy, 4channish, slightly vulgar, weird

but now

when i hear him say stuff its funny as hell

the guy can grow on u

Top Bottom