• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Modesto where u at?

Hey I tried pikachu in brawl. Wow, he's so fun to play. Quick attack cancels all day. Anyone watching the TSL tournament? I know it's isn't as exciting as GSL, but it's still decent

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
they are both good

and were the best team for a little while

but either of them would be hard pressed to get top 9 at any major

i think at their last tournies chillin placed higher? he beat mccain haha

MacD

Banned via Administration
ugh, we don't talk about that

cause i def should not have lost that, so sad

chillin is better, at least just cause he keeps in practice, you could look up the pound results, i forget what happened to chillin but azen didn't make it out of round 3 pools if i remember right

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
chillin is not a bad loss lol

old school players are kinda hard to predict. like, king could lose to some random, but beat jeff

but yeah

u got this mccain

dont lose to anyone

not even project styles (if u can help it)

MacD

Banned via Administration
no but andre, if you watch the set, you'd be like "wow mccain, way to suck" i went into good ol panic mode for no reason, i've gotten a lot better about that now though lol. i guess it's not so much i lot to chillin, but the fact i pulled a chokesies and lost haha

though project styles... that'd be a hard one

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i almost want to go all the way to california just to play this "project styles" character.
i bet my spacies would leave his butthole black and blue.

when you leave modesto, you get better.

p.s. i bet XiloPryce is GOD TIER now.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Lumpy, I wish you and me were chilling like right now...

Like not even chilling all day.

Like I saw you for an hour or two and then we went separate ways.

Yeah.

Well...I failed to get a melee / brawl revival to happen at Modesto. I managed to...get some yugioh following though *shrugs*

I'm kind of financing the whole thing so yeah. I'm making money off of it, but it's not nearly as fun as any smash game. Starcraft II never took off either, but then again its a game that requires a good amount of dedication to play. Smash too old for people to pick up now or what?

I was at Kriers last saturday and I saw a lot of kids I remember from Prescott heh.

Are we going to host some Modesto smashfest at Krier's this summer or something? When do you guys get back this summer? Oh yeah, I am finally on spring break so I can play smash / sc2 this week provided I can get there in the first place. Nick or Keith up for it?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
yeah i'll probably host a few tournaments this summer. Melee/marvel tournaments, yayhuz

i'm actually busy with school for a while though. 2 weeks left until I'm out though. :D

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I'm down adaias, I work Tuesday and Friday I think so any other day is good, you should come through this weekend I'll take you home if you can get a ride. Either that or nick can come. Also next week portal 2 is released, sooooo stoked, just gotta have people do this potato sack early release promotion thing more. Ima load up super meat boy and do my part right now

I'm down adaias, I work Tuesday and Friday I think so any other day is good, you should come through this weekend I'll take you home if you can get a ride. Either that or nick can come. Also next week portal 2 is released, sooooo stoked, just gotta have people do this potato sack early release promotion thing more. Ima load up super meat boy and do my part right now
I wonder if I can take the LEGIT BUS to as close as I can. Man why do you live in ceres? You'll have to drive me home for sure.

I entered some yugioh tournament. I did pretty well, but I didn't place in the top 8 out of like 50 people. I was like 12th or something like that. I guess that's pretty good for playing in my first tournament.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
lol garlen's pretty good, except that he got last at the last marvel tournament due to bad seeding

oh yeah, what do you guys think about a central cal power rankings thread?

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
yeah, i was thinking 209 + fresno/springsville

uc merced has +4 tournaments a year, along with rare modesto tournaments. even fresno is up to host its own tournament soon.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
try to hold more tourneys on the weekends at merced and me and nick and maybe adaias will try to make every one we can (at least i will.) i'd like to go to more tournaments, possibly the sf and sj ones that are being held nowadays, i'd enter too :)

try to hold more tourneys on the weekends at merced and me and nick and maybe adaias will try to make every one we can (at least i will.) i'd like to go to more tournaments, possibly the sf and sj ones that are being held nowadays, i'd enter too :)
If I'm able to get there as in I can get a ride, sure I would like to attend every single one of those tournaments.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that would be interesting, we'd have to see if we're allowed to though

modesto can easily be considered norcal, but the players are not really rankable. merced is too far, but bizz would be easily ranked. a central cal/valley PR would be evenly matched and inspire competition. i like the idea.

Top Bottom