• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I'm going to be bored tomorrow. I have it off and don't live TOO far from Modesto. Anybody wanna smash tomorrow? If we can get a small group going, It'll be worth my trip, but if it's just like...1 random noob, then it's really not worth it...unless that random noob buys me a rockstar, then it'll be slightly worth it. lol

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
jaime, you can come smash with me, i'll be down any time. just call/text/message on here if you want to come. you could maybe try coaxing nick or adaias to come but they have school johns.

@ Osaka: Dude I hella remember you that time I went to Xilo's place for that smashfest with my dumb friend that got a ticket for speeding and eating a burrito while driving lol. You play fox right??
haha, uh at that time i was having a slight character main identity crisis going on, and im probably not good enough to say i main anyone, but the past year or maybe a bit more ive been trying to main marth. i play falco on the side.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
and nick: yeah i recognized what you meant like 2 seconds after i posted that, was too lazy to edit it and would rather take the intelligence hit. hope you can see how someone may have interpreted it in the way i originally kinda'ish thought lulz

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
\
Yeah, you've definitely gotta camp like crazy. i'll get those kills, no worries

I've been practicing about 3 hours a day for the last week for this tournament in between studying for finals. I can't really get any teams practice in though so we'll have to make sure we get plenty of that in friday/saturday
wow i approve of this so much

but yeah remember that even tho its good you've been practicing, sleep before a tournament is the most important. and mindset

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
jaime, you can come smash with me, i'll be down any time. just call/text/message on here if you want to come. you could maybe try coaxing nick or adaias to come but they have school johns.
My final is from 6:30pm to 8:40pm. I'd be down to smash after that if you guys are up for it

hey nick, are you bringing your setup to gsg2 like last time? if you are, is it cool if you record some friendlies or money matches of mine?
Yes and yes. I'll bring 2 or 3 setups, plus my laptop for recording. I'll bring one of the TVs with a built in VCR so I can record on that as well. I'll probably record some MMs/ friendlies of myself this time

wow i approve of this so much

but yeah remember that even tho its good you've been practicing, sleep before a tournament is the most important. and mindset
Haha, I'm actually gonna take this tournament seriously for once. And by that I mean that i'm not gonna stay up hella late and be tired all day for the tournament lol. Without at least 8 hours of sleep I'm simply not gonna be playing at my 100% best. I'm gonna make sure to eat a lot during the tournament too (which is something I usually almost completely ignore)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I'm going to be bored tomorrow. I have it off and don't live TOO far from Modesto. Anybody wanna smash tomorrow? If we can get a small group going, It'll be worth my trip, but if it's just like...1 random noob, then it's really not worth it...unless that random noob buys me a rockstar, then it'll be slightly worth it. lol
I bet modesto could collectively buy you a rockstar.

And maybe make sure you don't lock your keys in your car ;)

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I bet modesto could collectively buy you a rockstar.

And maybe make sure you don't lock your keys in your car ;)
I bought a spare too, and then lost it. I fail pretty hard at this kinda stuff. lol. I couldn't help it last time. I was getting out of the car and saw Nick and he was just so sexy that I got distracted. hahaha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Practicing a bit then sleeping well-> ongoing mindgames. I approve of this strategy.

Maybe one day you will be able to l-cancel in your sleep
LOL i can legitimiately do this. one eye half open while practicing melee and i was pillaring lvl 9 fox

Haha, I'm actually gonna take this tournament seriously for once. And by that I mean that i'm not gonna stay up hella late and be tired all day for the tournament lol. Without at least 8 hours of sleep I'm simply not gonna be playing at my 100% best. I'm gonna make sure to eat a lot during the tournament too (which is something I usually almost completely ignore)
good ****

good thing its at fudds too

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
so nick just needs $$$ for food

put in more for improved performance

also we should get together on friday? i might actually want to play melee for a bit...??????????

MacD

Banned via Administration
oh modesto

we need to discuss housing like asap

since wes won't have electricity, i wanna play smash, so i figure i guess we'll be leaving sat morning now

our options for housing on sat night are sheridan's... or well that is what we are probably gonna do

it's about 50 min, and a $4 toll but whatever, you guys are gonna have to deal

this would be a good reason for us all to go together andre

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
oh modesto

we need to discuss housing like asap

since wes won't have electricity, i wanna play smash, so i figure i guess we'll be leaving sat morning now

our options for housing on sat night are sheridan's... or well that is what we are probably gonna do

it's about 50 min, and a $4 toll but whatever, you guys are gonna have to deal

this would be a good reason for us all to go together andre
Well yeah, no electricity is slightly disappointing. Saturday morning it is then. What time?

And if we are leaving saturday morning i'm assuming that andre would go with us.

MacD

Banned via Administration
depending on if i have to go to everyone's house or not

the latest i'll be leaving is 9:00 from my house, getting keith will take probably 10, andre 15-20, idk about you nick

i wanna be there no later than 11, wishfully 10:30, cause i actually wanna practice and stuff since i won't have played melee for too long

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i wish i made enough money to take random trips to california.

that'd be cool...

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Ok, so i'm bored. Ho's of modesty, lets play...btw, i left my controller in sac...anybody have a spare DECENT controller I can borrow/use while i'm there? And I'm probably going to head to keith's house, *starts calling keith*. You guys should come smash. Swamp monkey is out of his cage. lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
swamp monkey? lmao

kenny's day:
1. go to work
2. play smash alone and /wrists
3. watch rap battles on youtube
4. watch dragonball on dvd
5. sleep
6. repeat 1-5

get at my legita gift tissue tech skill arrangements. I am now a gift tissue expert.

(more like I need to turn in my secret santa gift tomorrow because im ****ing behind in life and I learned some neat tricks rather than just doing some dumb tissue stuffing)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Alright, i'll probably show up at Keith's place / get a ride if possible.

I want to try SC2 again to practice the very basic fundamentals
nick is already here with jaime right now adaias, if you can get a ride over here nick said he'd take you home.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
kk, just get a hold of me tomorrow i should be good. i'd have to go to bed kinda early'ish, by like 2 or 3 the latest tomorrow though so keep that in mind i guess.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm not very experienced against sheik.

i remember jr's sheik would zero to death my fox by only tech chasing or punishing when i don't tech.

she can do it on reaction alone... that's bull****! haha

i remember jr's sheik would zero to death my fox by only tech chasing or punishing when i don't tech.

Yeah its actually proven that sheik can infinitely tech chase fox as long as the player reacts fast enough. That's pretty ****. That's aint mango's designated second best character for no reason

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion

xD

good tech chasing is the result of playing tons of marth, and sandbagging in fox dittos for years

*u throws another fox, lets them fall to the ground, and tech chases forever, rinse and repeat*

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
xD

good tech chasing is the result of playing tons of marth, and sandbagging in fox dittos for years

*u throws another fox, lets them fall to the ground, and tech chases forever, rinse and repeat*
lol yeah i think playing marth has kinda improved my tech chasing ability a lot. i do it a lot on captains :D and fox to a pretty big extent as well, but uthrow is a way better option in 95% of the situations.

Top Bottom