• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dang our crew is gonna be handicapped without jr and bizz but we can still enter and get last lawl

might as well try

me, nick, 69%, whoever else is merced's best?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah we hella need jr and bizz. I wonder if Jaime is going. Probably not though.

That's aite, merced's still pretty good. Maru, GKL, GB... I mean idk who's actually going from merced but we could throw together a pretty decent crew

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah alright. but remember merced/modesto's standard of 'pretty good' is pretty balls compared to the rest of norcal.

i can go ahead and captain the team though, i gotchu guys. we gotta pull some gurren lagann sh*t if we wanna be successful :)

FIGHT THE POWER

so what's the plan for rides/housing?

i should be coming home fri morning or afternoon, i wanna be home in time to get picked up, or maybe i could even park my car at your house nick to be picked up along with u

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
hahah alright. but remember merced/modesto's standard of 'pretty good' is pretty balls compared to the rest of norcal.
Yo Dre, modesto can do anything with the help of kyoji

so what's the plan for rides/housing?

i should be coming home fri morning or afternoon, i wanna be home in time to get picked up, or maybe i could even park my car at your house nick to be picked up along with u
That's fine with me and it'd be a little easier for mccain too

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
alright

how bout we make the crew title some kind of tribute to Kenny? :)

like modesto balls or something

or lumpy cpu...

or "Poop in a dude's breast pocket"!!!!

haha i wonder if moon would be down to join our crew...

HOW BOUT IT MASTER OF SHAKING?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehehehehehehhe

alright alright

well when crews are starting up we'll talk about it hehhe

MOOOOOOOOOOOON

me you and nick and merced's top 2

we got this!

man

if we had JR and bizz we'd be a super legit crew LOL

its all good though

a modesto balls man can dream...

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
IMO Merced's best players (who joe listed as possibly going) are

1. 69%
2. Maru
3 and 4. GKL or GB (not sure who's better, it's pretty close)
5. Dota

I'm assuming Juzz isn't going. I haven't played him in a long time either so idk how good he is now.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm hahah

well if they're bringing 5 maybe they'd wanna crew together? idk we'll discuss it all at the tourny :)

modesto crew is impossible cuz we're not enough
merced crew would get *****

209 crew.... is gonna tap.

just sayin

edit: hm to 69's post

hahaha you guys have a really interesting matchup triangle LOL. peach > ics > link > peach

i think it would be harmful to the crew if there were two ic's. no offense to GKL, hes good, but im just seeing it from a utilitarian standpoint hahah.

ok so ideally

me nick moon gb 69/maru

or

me nick gb (two out of 69/maru/gkl)

maru's peach is good, i like

what matchups are gb's strength? IMO a falco could be either the weak link or the crucial player in our crew

lol i really want us to get far, at least win one round!

good matchups
1. me: puff, falco, non-s2j falcon, doc, low tiers, marth in most cases
2. nick: peach, certain level of falco, whatever else he's good at
3. moon: samus, fox
4. gb:
5. 69:
6. maru:
7. gkl:

can u fill these in?

also gotta figure out our starters, counters for specific situations, and finishers. historically i've been better for mid/late crews, for counters or sweeping.

GOTTA PLAN :)

edit: oh yeah. would keith be down? he never enters anything lol but maybe for crews..? idk :p kind of a tossup

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
alright

gb: fast fallers + ganon
moon: falkus, samus, fox

lol yah one tournament but i believe you can do it again :) your playstyle reminds me of kevin's. you got this, just edgeguard better! 8)

(says the man who got dair spiked out of his solo squall)

IMO the best starter would be MARU. peach doesn't have bad matchups, and the way he plays is pretty solid. it was like a little baby armada when i first played it

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, matchups can also be player dependent too, and confidence plays a big role in crews. like, if the person WANTS to go in on a certain matchup, its best to let them in.

but still... from purely coverage/matchup standpoint, let's take a look

falco: me, nick, moon, gb, maru, gkl. (can't rely on this though, since falco is just a **** character in general)
fox: gb, 69, gkl
sheik: me
puff: me (i'll tap any puff, no worries. i'll go in on hbox if i have to)
ganon: gb, maru
samus: 69, moon
doc: me, gb
falcon: gb, maru, me
ic's: maru ;)
germ: gkl ;)

for random chars like luigi, dk, or whatever, we'll just figure it out matchup wise.

nick is pretty solid in most matchups mostly cuz zelda is unfamiliar. he has most experience with chars like fox falco and marth though.

it seems like gb and maru would be the most useful matchup wise, however the idea of link just sounds like it would round out the crew more.

well

instead of speculating let's just discuss this at tourny :) it depends on who's feeling like what that day

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I actually don't feel too great about the peach matchup at the moment, but that's simply because I haven't had the chance to play to many peaches recently. (kenny we miss you) I'll definitely get the matchup down again after a few games against mccain though heh

My good matchups: Peach, normal fox/falco, potentially puff and samus (although i don't have a lot of experience playing against them, I feel like I could get the matchup down pretty quickly)
Decent matchups: Falcon, Marth, Ganon
I'm gonna get ***** matchups: Super technical fox/falco, sheik

The nice thing about using zelda however is that I always have the option of transforming and moving way up the tier list. I've been practicing with sheik quite a bit and while my zelda is still considerably better, my sheik might actually be better now against my worst MUs with zelda.

Assuming that merced does join the crew though, we're going with GB and Maru I guess? Don't downplay Joe though, he's gotten pretty good. Joe you seem really good at the fox MU especially. I mean, I haven't played you mercedians much but from what i've seen i don't think GB is that much better than you if he's better at all.

But yeah, it depends on how everyone is feeling that day. We'll talk about all this later.

We've gotta talk about teams too andre. I've been thinking of a few strategies we should test out ;D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nick, i'd say for crews let's choose matchups where you can go all zelda for the sake of playing to your known strengths :)

also

for zelda vs falco, i think we can discern whether the opposing falco is either strong in matchups or just fundamentally good. only the latter should be able to beat your zelda. if the other falco is a typical falco who is only good at normal matchups, im sure you'll be able to throw them off even if they are technical. same with fox, but to a lesser degree because IMO fox beats zelda harder by simply being patient.

in teams go all zelda as well! i plan to never switch from ylink. keep the triforce alive

you can whip out sheik in singles if u want tho :)

yeah for merced players, i wouldve gone with 69 and maru but since they vouch that gb is better, im gonna believe them. he is the only one i havent played.

this is in the case that moon is joining us heheh. if not, then they can all join.

if moon doesnt join us, i hope we get 209 vs antioch ;)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
All I was saying is that I might end up in a situation where the opposing crew sends in a sheik against me, and in that circumstance I might want to switch. But i've gotta see how i do in dittos against other people first to find out if thats worth it at all. We'll find out later i guess.

I'm definitely going all zelda for teams though, regardless of who we're playing against.

Man, we need to make a 209 triforce crew someday. Kirbyraeg (Sheik), ProjectStyles (Y Link), Geckoking (Zelda), 69% (Link), and BizzarroFlame (Ganon). Spense has already proven himself in crews in the past by taking 12 stocks. With the addition of those other low/mid tier zelda characters and a ganon the crew's undefeatable haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ROFL 209 TRIFORCE CREW WOULD **** SOOOOOOOOOO HARD!!!!!!!!!

or 209 all ic's crew. LMAO

me dotey su gkl __________

(wow one peach could probably take all our stocks. nah jk dotey is actually decent at that matchup)

but yeah

triforce crew WOW

"courage prevails just like the classic tale"

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
OMGGGGGGG

Finals

So gay

I'mma be up all night

Take 2 tests tomorrow with no sleep

And not get back home until 9pm

Freedom's just around the corner though I guess

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
"Yo dawg, i just farted and a little poop came out. what do you call that?"

"Kennydesto"

"Awww shiiiit thanks dawg"

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Yo
This random named 'M. shake' is gonna TAP me???
Who IS THIS KIIIIIID!?!??

Edit: for sure suu, we'll get in some good ones. . . hopefully there are enough setups at gsg2, not sure how much better wc has gotten with setup supply. . .
We're def bringing one or two. . .

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
damn i'm so tired

I definitely don't think GKL would be a good idea for the crew though. We already have one ICs player. It's better to have variety. Not saying that you aren't good though garlen, cause those ICs tap

Top Bottom