• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
so you'd love watching yourself play because you don't really hate yourself...right?

and yeah bro, breakfast bagel. egg+cheese is like a dik in the mouth

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my most bittersweet memories of u kenny were the night before GSG

when u were getting off on m2k

keith had his moments of getting off too

i bet he was thinkin who the hell are these randoms

modesto taps.

i dont think i've ever lost falcon vs sheik ever since playing him in that endless friendly for 3 hours. (not that i've played any great sheiks, but wow, that matchup feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much less gay when it's not m2k)

Miztik

Smash Master
Lumpy, XiloPryce, and Lunchbox were tied for 11th best smasher in modesto.
who remembers that? lololol

just watched like 300 rom3 matches and nothing sounds better than a modesto smashfest right now.

yes, i'd even play keith... after i was warmed up... and after i didn't feel rusty... and after everyone else on earth died of a cancerous form of aids...
i remember that then we went to clix and everyone tapped XiloPryce and he was like i wish i won one match today

my most bittersweet memories of u kenny were the night before GSG

when u were getting off on m2k

keith had his moments of getting off too

i bet he was thinkin who the hell are these randoms

modesto taps.

i dont think i've ever lost falcon vs sheik ever since playing him in that endless friendly for 3 hours. (not that i've played any great sheiks, but wow, that matchup feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much less gay when it's not m2k)
Modesto gets off on anyone when they feel like it. Too bad we lose interest in melee after a couple games and start talking about other stuff that has nothing to do with smash

Edit: Oh yeah I will bring my copy of brawl next friday so we can play the SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT and some friendlies / doubles. I'll show you the true power of non-gimmick play

I'll bring my laptop so i can whine about sucking at video games as i play touhou
I just remembered that I would play touhou at school in that mediocre programming class I took to get rid of my graduation requirements. Lol low tier programming languages no one uses ah.

Man poor security on school computers, oh well more fun for me

LEAKY EDIT: Starcraft II Zerg expansion (basic) cinematics leaked. Oh man will blizzard ever get a decent writing team? Whatever no one plays it for the story, but its a nice bonus. Its such a joke, im hoping they completely scrap the ending

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
What programming class are you taking? I took a programming class at Modesto High a hella long time ago. Well, it was graphics/programming. I'm just curious if they're still using the same programs or if they've switched it up a bit. All I remember is that we covered Visual Basic, Photoshop, and HTML. I think they used a few other programs too though

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol im one of the few "modesto" people who really cared about winning in smash

kenny, brandon, mccain, jamie. i think mike cared but he killed himself too much to show it LOL

and now nick, adaias for brawl

and others smash more socially. basically, the rest of the noob crew, kim, dotey and miztikality. and thats fine too, smash was MADE to be a social and fun game.

nick keep the fire alive. and when someday u move out of the valley, u will start TAPPING EVERYONE with a LOW TIER. wow, i'm mad hyped.

What programming class are you taking? I took a programming class at Modesto High a hella long time ago. Well, it was graphics/programming. I'm just curious if they're still using the same programs or if they've switched it up a bit. All I remember is that we covered Visual Basic, Photoshop, and HTML. I think they used a few other programs too though
It's similar, I guess its more up to date, there's some CSS added to HTML, but its basic stuff. Yeah VB and what not.

I took it my soph. year. I'm not taking any classes atm, I just teach myself and I learn a bit from some other people who are into programming. I applied as a computer engineer major to whatever universities I applied to. I might do comp sci. I'm pretty sure I'd adapt instantly since I've learned C++, some java, etc languages already. I'll definitely have to learn more math and other things, but that's true for about anything else.

I have some books on programming at home lol. I just dont have the time to study a whole lot.

I heard PSG's last episode will be the friday after next week? So that means we only get to marathon it all the way to the second to last episode? :(

I heard some SC players(Idra and a couple other top tier players) saying that 14 hatch is the best way to deal with proxy cheese, 2rax, and 4gate openers because pool first leads to a successful defense against the first push, but the lack of larvae makes you very vulnerable to the second push and puts you in a terrible position economically if somehow you manage to survive the subsequent pushes. You just have to barely cling on after the first push and the rest will get easier if you go 14 hatch.

I thought that was really interesting and it seems reasonable. What do you guys think? I always thought pool before hatch was the better of the two economical options to deal with early rushes, but hmm

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
@ suwoo

i think pool before hatch is definately a safe option.

i mean, if you really really want to kill that 2nd hatch, itll be really hard for the zerg to stop it.

like wouldn't another player have to do is 1 base all-in, and he'll win vs the zerg?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol man

modesto bros are gettin funnier and funnier

edit: wow, exciting to read m2k and peepee deep falco vs marth metagame theory bros in peepee's thread.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
forreal LOL!!! so crazy

i just watched pp's combo vid

one of the dirtiest jokes ever at the end lol.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
@andre, when was i getting off on m2k? lol
he 3 stocked me like... every match.(because he wouldn't go marth on DL64 WHAT A PUUSSSY)lolol

i was getting off on you though.... and you liked it, didn't you? yeah... you did.

@keith, lol. nice nice.

@mikey, reading now. edit: YAYUHZZ MMMEEEELLLLLAAAAYYYYY

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
does modesto even know how to play melee?

here's why i'm questioning this:

andre: "i'll just tap. all instinct"
anthony: "**** this game. everyone ***** whatever character i am."
keith: "brandon's too good for me to play against... LET'S HOUSE M2K!"
nick: "i've been getting a lot better lately." *picks zelda*
spenser: "i suck at this game." *takes 12 stock in crew battle* "i got lucky"
adaias: "i improved a lot playing andre" *exactly as easy for me to beat*
mike: "that whole match i was trying to stomp, knee, raptor, grab uthrow, dtilt, uair, moonwalk, bair, edge cancel, reverse uair, upB."

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
good thing the thing i usually do is tap using instinct, like i said.

dont act like im not strategic son :)

MacD

Banned via Administration
oh geez you guys

and my soc final kinda ***** me

there was a lot of stuff from the book that wasn't on the study guide, and i didn't buy the book :/

also

WE ARE LEAVING FRIDAY NIGHT

depending on how far away wes's house is and when they leave will determine the time

his plan is get there at 8, so i figure we aim for 9, that way we both end up there at 10 :p

but i plan on adding like 30 min to pick people up cause that's going to take foooooooooooorever :/

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
everybody else is balls off the freeway though.

balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls

MacD's not driving to a tournament, he's driving to Nick's funeral.

Sup Modesto lets MM in brawl, then we can MM Spenser in tetris, I dont know what everyone else's top game is though :(

I read some teamliquid post about "competitive high score" play, I thought...yeah. I'm all for tetris, but loltimedhighscoressoSERIOUS

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I gotta warn you

I'm pretty fast at tetris

a while ago I cracked the 5:00 minute mark on tetrisfriends marathon

I've only done it once, but damn that's good. try breaking out the marathon and see how fast you can get!
http://www.tetrisfriends.com/games/Marathon/game.php

and competitive high score play depends a lot on the scoring system. tetrisfriends has this ridiculously weighted system towards t-spins, and i know there are stacking patterns to repeatedly do tspins, but i'd much rather just power through with fast tetrises!

Top Bottom