• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i just beat perfect cherry blossom extra stage

i can imagine this is what it would feel like if i beat mango in a single tournament game

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL i remember first time i went to a big norcal tourny

"wow. are you choknater? you're beating zhu so i'm guessing you have to be the ice climbers who beat KFC. i'm excited to meet you!"

dayum.

"wow, aren't you the ganon who beat mango in tournament? i hear you're the best ganon on the west coast. didn't you beat hugs in tournament too? i've seen some of your matches against silentspectre, you're really good."

so good.

"man, your fox and marth are so underrated. you should really go to more tournaments, and you're really cool to chill with. i don't understand your mindgames sometimes! so patient!"

dang, my bad.

"aren't you the wombo combo guy? with the youtube channel? your doc is really amazing."

"i don't understand why you're so good, all you do is down smash and people run into it."

"your dk is awesome."

"aren't you the Zelda who won teams at Don't Go Down There Jeff?"

209 too strong.

That aint Suuwo getting mad props at Genesis for being a top mod on shoddy battle and other nonsense. I've lost all my fame :(

209 is pretty good, just that bad fame of being lazy and poor. We get better at smash without even attending tournaments or smashfests, that's ****

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
LOL i remember first time i went to a big norcal tourny

"wow. are you choknater? you're beating zhu so i'm guessing you have to be the ice climbers who beat KFC. i'm excited to meet you!"

dayum.

"wow, aren't you the ganon who beat mango in tournament? i hear you're the best ganon on the west coast. didn't you beat hugs in tournament too? i've seen some of your matches against silentspectre, you're really good."

so good.

"man, your fox and marth are so underrated. you should really go to more tournaments, and you're really cool to chill with. i don't understand your mindgames sometimes! so patient!"

dang, my bad.

"aren't you the wombo combo guy? with the youtube channel? your doc is really amazing."

"i don't understand why you're so good, all you do is down smash and people run into it."

"your dk is awesome."

"aren't you the Zelda who won teams at Don't Go Down There Jeff?"

209 too strong.
i need a quote about me in there

i gotta earn it!

a quote other than "hey does your girlfriend compliment your tspins" LOL ****ing 949 <3

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
MacD's not driving to a tournament, he's driving to Nick's funeral
I'm writing my will now

i know exactly what you mean since I accomplished both =P
rapeeee

209's pretty good,, there are at least 3 of us who took games off mango before =D
I'm gonna go back in time and play mango when he was 12 so that I can add my name to that list

i need a quote about me in there
"Hey, aren't you that guy who plays kirby and lost to milktea in tournament?"

:p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
jr i seriously miss playing you

REALLY

i have NEVER, EVER played a match with you that i didn't enjoy

we both adapt so well and play really creatively

you are really the only marth i am scared to play these days LOL

i miss you man

:C

jr

can u imagine how godlike we'd be in every matchup if we played each other a lot? some day we gotta like... live together for a week. like, right before a tournament.

we'd make it to grand finals.

edit: lol finally figured out the constants of my true post count

basically make my post count positive and add 17,808 and you have my true post count. that said, i just passed 23,000 today.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I remember that 'Over 9000' smashfest you had to celebrate your 9,001st post. So you must've had 18,002 posts at least while your total post count was still in the positives, plus 5,216 from your negative posts. Your post count would actually be quite a bit higher if the modesto threads weren't always closed down haha

awye CSU acceptance letters LOL

I feel safe at least now, I'm going somewhere, now I have to wait for those bigger achievement letters in march or whenever those are sent.

Edit: "Q. You must have had a hard time since the round of 8.
A. It was bad. Honestly, I only prepared to do a cheese rush in the 4th set, but somehow the situation ended up that way. The team website has been terrorized, and I read a lot of negative comments regarding my play. I almost regretted starting to play games."

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=175503

...im speechless cheese rushing all the way to finals on GSL? He keeps apologizing for his play and people keep insulting him but he's ****** everyone with cheese rushes? Get ***** GSL

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
oGsMC looks like a pretty solid player. Do you guys think he's the best protoss right now? (mostly directing this to Adaias, Keith, and JR)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
My fanboyism forces me to believe that tester is the best protoss still.

Ogsmc beat foxer though... and make QUICK work of jinro. he obviously has a good pvt game, but i want to see him in more pvz and pvp.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
he's shown more potential than tester or huk or any of the other protoss, being they cant even make it into the round of 64. he's got some major confidence too, telling artosis that he plans to 4-0 or 4-1 tsl_rain.

his enrish is pretty good though, i have to admit.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Gooey goo
for chewy chewing!
That's what that
Goo-Goose is doing
Do you choose to
chew goo, too, sir?
If, sir, you, sir,
choose to chew, sir,
with the Goo-Goose,
chew, sir. Do, sir.

he's shown more potential than tester or huk or any of the other protoss, being they cant even make it into the round of 64. he's got some major confidence too, telling artosis that he plans to 4-0 or 4-1 tsl_rain.

his enrish is pretty good though, i have to admit.
Yeah he better get like a 4-0 on that ****ing cheesing rush ******. I mean really people losing to the same **** again and again? LOL

MC got this without a doubt

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Hey guys
lookin forward to seing a bunch of you guys next weekend! ****s gonna be real!
bringing vegas crew over to see how we match up. We'll try not to win crews TOOO hard =D

SC2 stuff inc: and on the note a few pages ago, after some testing its been found thats there's about no advantage to hatching first over pooling first. All it does is set u up to auto lose to early cheese. The earlier queen/inject you get in before hatch first more than makes up for the extra larvae youd get from the 2nd hatch. try testing it to see who is in a better position at 30 or 50 psi. . .

edit: after I finally start playng more ill need some constant practice buds!
jpegimage 818
add me? peas?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Of course, andre! Im always down!
And its john/jpeg, not this random nobody guy named george-is. . . . =p
ive been getting in some madd falco practice, just in case you bring him out. . . >=D
So many dam falcos in vegas. . . lol . . . one of them being someone that youve talked to on the boards a few times, and someone im bringing with me, trahhsteezy (or just trahh. . . . . TRUHHH!!)

we're def down for a friendly/serious crew battle one of the nights if we can get a bunch of ppl available.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Yeah he better get like a 4-0 on that ****ing cheesing rush ******. I mean really people losing to the same **** again and again? LOL

MC got this without a doubt
lol dont tell me youre one of the salty people who's upset that he knocked out nestea? i dont see what the hype is with nestea/fruit dealer. sure they won seasons 1 and 2 but the game is changing drastically because of how early in the metagame development it is, and there is sure to be new good people every season. i do agree that tsl_rain cheesed a little bit coming into the later rounds, but if you watch him vs hongun Prime, he really has stepped his game up since and has a really solid playstyle.

i really dont see him beating mc, but it will probably be a decently fun finals to watch.

lol dont tell me youre one of the salty people who's upset that he knocked out nestea? i dont see what the hype is with nestea/fruit dealer. sure they won seasons 1 and 2 but the game is changing drastically because of how early in the metagame development it is, and there is sure to be new good people every season. i do agree that tsl_rain cheesed a little bit coming into the later rounds, but if you watch him vs hongun Prime, he really has stepped his game up since and has a really solid playstyle.

i really dont see him beating mc, but it will probably be a decently fun finals to watch.
no, I was salty about him independent of that. I don't really have a favorite, well I have a favorite for each race. I suppose Nestea is my favorite for zerg as of now and could very well change next GSL if another zerg catches my attention. I actually heard about the most recent results and didn't know that nestea lost to him until after I looked for earlier results so I came in with a biased view for the rest of his earlier games haha

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm getting hyped for dgdtj. It'll be cool to smash with you again john

@keith: I've heard that tsl_rain cheesed basically everyone he played. Idk really, but my brother thinks that mc will probably destroy rain

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I'm getting hyped for dgdtj. It'll be cool to smash with you again john

@keith: I've heard that tsl_rain cheesed basically everyone he played. Idk really, but my brother thinks that mc will probably destroy rain
he cheesed maybe 1 game a set (which is not uncommon for ANY terran, considering their lacking late game [and really good early game pressure]) but maybe he cheesed like 2 for nestea. you cant blame him though, nestea ****ing ***** people if you let him get to the late game, so meh. with his set against hongunprime, i dont know if he cheesed at all, and if so it was only one game. he really stepped his game up that set, playing very intelligently and strongly. go watch the set if you dont believe me lol.

and adaias, im just saying all the hate on him just for him playing a cheese playstyle is pretty dumb imho, sure maybe he cheesed once or twice more than the average terran, but you cant blame him for trying to end games early against such a strong late game player. and like i said, i also agree that mc will stomp him in the grand finals, his pvt is amazing he destroyed jinro (who i think is probably a far superior player compared to tsl_rain.)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
man. leenockfou is like the best zerg.

if not the best, ATLEAST the most entertaining(checkprime coming in a close second). URTRARISKS/GUARDIAN ARMY COMPOSITION!??!??! wuuuuuut

greedy people should get the boot from the cheese, but eh I don't know. If you 14 hatch / FE on a small map you deserve to get cheesed or 1 base all-in

I think terran has a pretty decent late game with mech slow death pushes? I rarely see long long macro games to really know much about it.

All I know is that I dont like watching Rain's games very much, true he hasn't cheesed every single game, but I am not amused by his other games. I just hope I get some entertaining finals, maybe my mindset will change then.

Top Bottom