• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

govikingz07

Smash Rookie
well i have a car im willing to travel to smash it up or whatever. bored in modesto!

well met a cambodian hottie so not bored today ; )

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah spense

but the thing is none of them go to nationals and the best player (zex) doesnt even do well at nationals

Ah they haven't met Suuwo. I'm sure I'd easily place in brawl tournaments here in NorCal....if I attended them. I feel like the Brawl version of Andre now.

I will have to get off at Genesis II then.

I've been picking up brawl again though, been trying to get better and more technical at it. Melee's no fun when....there's no one to play with :(

Edit: some snsd thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4-SxcCO5d0

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
If you wanna play some melee hit up me suuwo it Gkinfinity I'm down to playzlmost whenever. Also, my wow account has been active literally since like a month after the launch of the game, just over 6 years ago. So don't feel bad lol

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
lol ok im down. no gsl for 3 days means we got some spare time. i definitely think i will improve the most though when you come up here. by the way when is that?

wow, also my previous post got ****ed in the *** by my iphone. im going to leave it how it is for funsies.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
andre!

instead of being sad after reading that post, im actually pretty happy for you. Most people playing smash kind of want to quit, but keep being dragged back by the glory of competition or whatever. its good to realize when you're past your prime. and its also good to know when its time to move on!

kudos to you man =D

as for me, i pretty much quit smash too. its just not that fun anymore =3 and i have much more pressing matters to attend to, then to dedicate myself to smash.

but of course, like they always say... nobody really ever quits smash! the dreamland music beckons to us all, and will always have a special place in our heart =D

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Same here though. I've realized that there are much more important things to spend time on in life, and sadly smash just isn't something I can spend tons of time playing anymore

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha fasho man. we had our moment as gecko styles

my prime was late 2008/early 2009. WCSL days. i'm actually better now as a player than i was then, but in comparison to the community at large, i was better back then.

haha fasho man. we had our moment as gecko styles

my prime was late 2008/early 2009. WCSL days. i'm actually better now as a player than i was then, but in comparison to the community at large, i was better back then.
Yeah you could say the same about m2k as well. He hasn't really moved anywhere after the release of brawl, but everyone just got better overall. He's still mad good. I'd like to see your desync ICs play though

MasterShake

Smash Lord
MAD PEOPLE ARE "QUITTING" ugh this saddens me. I guess I'm not on your guys' level of life yet, I still can get that balance of schoolwork/smash practice.

Man all these posts are kinda motivating me to get better...but I'm sad at the same time because it kinda shows that the Melee community is dwindling.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Yeah you could say the same about m2k as well. He hasn't really moved anywhere after the release of brawl, but everyone just got better overall. He's still mad good. I'd like to see your desync ICs play though
this was quoted from m2k's facebook today:

Hungrybox/Jigglypuff and controllers mattering too much made me hate melee. I'm done. This changed all my passion of smash. I have no more passion, it's a ****ing chore and I don't enjoy the game at all. I used to for a while, but I hav...en't really truely enjoyed it since around 2nd MLG. It's all about money. Melee is a chore. I don't like it, I play it for money. Long ago it was about being the best, once I reached my personal goal it is not about being the best, it is about money, and nothing more than money. After I became the best at brawl I reached my personal goal, now it's about money.

haha yeah it's been a chore for m2k to play melee and he plays brawl...well because he auto wins pretty much.

Playing against jigglypuff isn't the most exciting thing I agree. Eh I don't know what else to say.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao dang that sucks.

moon: keep it up man, you've done a lot to improve and im still gonna get my vengeance set on you in tourny. it's just... life goes on, i want to be the best at other things besides smash

jiggs is such an easy matchup for ics LOL

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I don't think the melee community is really dying. It's just modesto. Everyone moved and playing the same people all the time gets old. Just because I'm not trying to really get good anymore doesn't mean that I won't still go to tournaments and smash with people occasionally, because I definitely will. I personally still enjoy playing melee, I've just got other things going on most of the time. Well, that and I'm still super broke and can't usually afford to go anywhere lol.

Speaking of which, Keith do you wanna go to merced tmw? I mean, I can only go if you go and chip in a little for gas.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
also, i dont know about everyone else, but for me im not trying to fool anyone. ive quit melee a long time ago, i still just play on occasion now and then (when ever there are people to play) but there just arent enough people around here to take it too seriously anymore. im in the same boat as nick though, ill still go to tournies and when i hopefully move to socal with jr maybe we can play a little more often down there. but for now the best i can do is just play when everyone else can play.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
one thing about the melee scene i've noticed is that even though there are still great players, you don't really find ANYONE who takes it SERIOUSLY anymore. people improve SLOWLY rather than quickly (like when KDJ was fired up. an example of someone who improves quickly these days is shroomed.) example: when i went to phil's bday cgc, i know the tourny was short noticed but people didnt really care much for having a singles event there. i still respect the norcal community for having pretty much the most active melee scene in the world, but i could just tell by the chill vibe that nothing's really as intense as it used to be. there's hardly any rivalries unless it's a huge national/international tournament.

i really want to see dajuan upset a GPF player, that would stir things up.

one thing about the melee scene i've noticed is that even though there are still great players, you don't really find ANYONE who takes it SERIOUSLY anymore. people improve SLOWLY rather than quickly (like when KDJ was fired up. an example of someone who improves quickly these days is shroomed.) example: when i went to phil's bday cgc, i know the tourny was short noticed but people didnt really care much for having a singles event there. i still respect the norcal community for having pretty much the most active melee scene in the world, but i could just tell by the chill vibe that nothing's really as intense as it used to be. there's hardly any rivalries unless it's a huge national/international tournament.

i really want to see dajuan upset a GPF player, that would stir things up.
It's the money incentive. When you know there's more money on the line you have to try harder. Melee's been less "serious" since the end of MLG, I'd say, and some of those bigger paying tournaments. I'm surprised people still fly in to all those national tournaments though. If you improve, the only thing you get from it is your own satisfaction, unless you improve enough to be very very good to place in melee tournaments which probably isn't going to happen

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
basically what i gleaned from the last few pages is that bromangs be minimizing smash in order to maximize major booty time
we need to get you a fake id and go out drinking

ive been looking for a wingman for sooo long!

wait, ARE you 21? lol i honestly dont know

and thats a bummer to hear about andre and nick and m2k(yeah, he was hella looking for a good controller to use at the vegas monthly; assumed he lost his/got it stolen) and etc., but i guess it's still good to hear that you do have things to look forward to in the future. And im hella down for a few tennis matches if I caan make it down there anytime after my leg fully heals.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
andre, thanks for the good read.
you're truly and inspiring (and weird) guy.

it made me think about two things.

1. if i ever find something i like as much as i liked smash, i will actively pursue it. i no longer doubt that i could've been really good at melee if i actually went for it. i just didn't know what i had. i end every chapter of my life with a slight feeling of regret. like i wish i could continue to enjoy that forever. or i wish i would've enjoyed it more while i still had the means to do so. i'm pretty sure i know what i want to do with my life. when i actually get to it, i'll find out for certain. then i'll hold onto it until it's pried from my tired, dead hands.

2. i've met a lot of really cool people in my life. i don't mean in smash, but it's no exception. i didn't realize until lately how lucky i was. now i feel like i need to actually try to keep my friends as opposed to just assuming they'll be there or allowing them to be replaced in my circle of friends. i actually miss people. it's good to know that i'm not a robot driven by my own faulty logic. i still don't see me crying at someone's funeral, but at least i'll be in attendance.

kinda random, i know. but this is my own personal blog. lol

edit: JOHN GEORGE-IS i'm an AMAZING wing man. i've got all the right tools, baby.

Miztik

Smash Master
**** you kenny your my wingman we gets all da hoes member?

also kenny, you can never replace me!!!

one day we'll reunite and take over the world, or Oregon which ever cums first

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
andre's an awesome guy, I'll never forget how much of a noob he is. good luck in finding your booty as a pirate which you've always been dreaming of being.

Nnck and keith, i miss you guys already and now i'm fired up for more melee. come back to your second home of Merced!!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
**** you kenny your my wingman we gets all da hoes member?

also kenny, you can never replace me!!!

one day we'll reunite and take over the world, or Oregon which ever cums first
YEAH DAWG

hey, so like... we're all going to oregon, right?
i don't think chong will ever leave his strict asian family, but keith better go.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Sup I just watched Jungle Love again haha. Also I just watched Grave of the Fireflies, man that movie was pretty harsh
me and jr watched foxer vs zenithkyrix (or whatever the hell is name is) and i triple jizzed my pants and then spanked my **** on the keyboard (according to jr)

Miztik

Smash Master
YEAH DAWG

hey, so like... we're all going to oregon, right?
i don't think chong will ever leave his strict asian family, but keith better go.
haha that reminded me of our epic songs kenny walking around ceres making fun of Nelly and me saying YEAH DAWG all the time hahahahaha

but fo sho we all be goin n **** taking errr body **** chong hes ******* whether he likes it or not

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol the set was tight, but i really think the zerg player shoulda won. the 5th match was 3 hatcheries vs 1 almost mined out terran base at one point, and the zerg never bothered to get a 4th expansion, even when the terran matched bases with the zerg.

at the end it was 1 zerg base vs 1 terran base, both gold mineral lines. obviously 1 zerg vs 1 terran, the terran would win? especially with all of those mules mining a **** ton faster than the zerg could ever hope to. the zerg player made soooo many **** mistakes when he was ahead, that he let foxer win

foxer's micro is ****ing nice though. makes me really wish that flash converted to sc2...

tonight is slayersboxer vs nada!!!!!!!!!! cant wait =D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
whoa whaaaaaaat?! i wanna watch! do i need to subscribe to some money costing thing to watch? :( i read something bout a season ticket? or is that only for VOD's?

i really wanna see boxer vs nada. classic many-years-ago tvt.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
to watch all the matches yeah you need to pay 20 bucks for the whole seasons worth of matches. for free you can watch the first match in each set though. luckily the first (and last) match of foxer vs kyrix is the most epic.

Top Bottom