• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Lol I gave my shift away today because you guys were supposed to smash and now you're not coming anymore? :( ggs

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
y'all should keep us posted on what's happening tonight

edit: re:CGC i'm broke. i might get some money tonight but i wouldn't bet my life savings on it (which is roughly -2400 bucks).

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
wish i could go to cgc but i have swim meet johns (that are also keeping me from going to keith's house)

:(

thank god swimming is over after next weekend.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Well since everyone else flaked out and I need a ride to work tomorrow I'm leavin to my dads to spend the night until tomorrow night. If anyone un-flakes then kennard should be here tonight still if you wanna play with him.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
wish i could go to cgc but i have swim meet johns (that are also keeping me from going to keith's house)

:(

thank god swimming is over after next weekend.
edit: this one's kenny.

too bad i'll be gone before then, right spence?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehe gotta whip out them flakes

speaking of swimming

swimming tonight at ronis so lets just smash on sunday haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
andre, i'm gonna take out all my frustration on your falco.
(then prolly get ***** by your climbers LOL)

you guys are all fuccks

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
andre, i'm gonna take out all my frustration on your falco.
(then prolly get ***** by your climbers LOL)

you guys are all fuccks
If i can beat his falco, you can beat his falco. And if you lose, take him to brinstar where he'll use peach for what reason, God only knows. lol. Why did you allow Brinstar Andre? And why'd you pick peach against me? lol. You weren't giving me enough credit. lol

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
hahaha. your tricks to lure me back to stockton will not work.

ill train my ness down here and then youll see the truth

anybody want to money match? i'm not that good, i use ness

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
You get your car yet jr? You gonna be able to start driving to Modesto/ceres when you come back?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Aite so I'm finally free. But it looks like keith isn't at his house anymore? ****

Well me and RJ are still down to play if anyone else is up for it. We'll probably only stay for 2-3 hours though. Let me know if you're up for some smash kenny lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick, eat **** and die.

if you don't wanna play, it's all good.
i understand that i'm not worth the trip because i'm a huge ******.

lol i'm ready for sunday anyway *****es

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
got home at like 11:30

played melee for like 3 hours to train for gsg

i learned a lot of stuff and just gonna take some notes here:

- my playstyle in melee tends to really favor constant movement and aggression. i hardly watch my opponent or read people, i just like covering options with offense. however, since i play ic's, reading really helps, so i should get better at it. i probably developed this way because ive always trained against computers, who come up with insane but effective approaches (walk up jab son) and insane sdi. because of this its hard for me to use slower characters... but my defensive and reading game aint bad i guess, brawl helps me with that a lot. i gotta keep playin brawl to stay patient hehe

- falcon and ganon ****

- fox can do sooo much gay stuff to ic's... luckily no one uses it. it is so easy for him to chase after them after he dies, u can literally do JR-style reading but just walking up, looking if they shield, then grabbing them. his dthrow to shine is really effective cuz popo only has 2 ways to punish it, nana has none.

- fox can walk up, double jab ics, and shine, they cant punish it... maybe with cc jab, but thats really hard to time.

- cuz of the gay stuff that fox can do with the walking approach, ics are forced to being aggressive. if fox is playing campy, ics have to lure him in... campy fox is easier to play against, though, so its all good.

- avoiding him after he respawns is sooooo crucial for ics

- falco vs ganon (matchup i commonly face in pretty much every tournament) when in doubt, laser! not approaching laser, though... a spaced one where u are like a body length and a half away from him. laser if spaced well covers everythign he does. if he shields u can do whatever, if he rolls into u, punish. roll away, laser a bit closer but not too close... hwoever, dont really 'approach' with laser cuz his jab will tap. just laser till he does something. ganons best counter to laser: ganons best options... powershield to roll, or run toward falco while getting hit by lasers

- i gotta work on more solid anti peach strategies next time i play

ahhh 1 week left to gsg

hey nick.... for our GSG schedule... whether we stay in ripon or stay in concord, i wanna make it to this church service

http://stagnesparish.net/02_Mass_Schedule.html

7 am

so we gotta wake up early sunday morning, is that alright? maybe we should ask for housing..

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
If you wanna go to a church service in concord we should definitely find housing. Otherwise we'd have to get up at 5:30 to get there in time (driving from ripon)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
so is brandon coming to this tourney?

i wanna know if i'm gonna win or not.

(insert obligatory statement about my identity here)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm assuming his plane was hijacked by terrorists and that it crash landed into the atlantic because I haven't heard from him lol. At any rate, i'll be picking you guys up tmw. Be ready by 10:45ish if you can (even though realistically i won't be there until 11 or later haha)

Oh, and we're definitely gonna need setups. Adaias isn't going to this one, so if both you and keith could bring a cube (or wii, whatever) that would definitely help. RJ requested that keith bring his ps3 as well if that's possible (for ssf4 obviously, but he's actually gonna try running a side ssf4 tournament if you bring it)

Spense: You should bring a setup too. In fact, I'm making you lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'll bring a cube and if keith's ok with it, i'll bring his wii too. lol

how many setups is that?

4? i'm sure someone else will bring one, too.

how many people are expected this time?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
yeah that'll be 4 setups. Andre isn't going either so he obviously isn't bringing one, but hopefully merced will have one.

And I'm gonna guess 16-20 entrants this time around, based solely on the people who said they were going on here and aib. I've done some other advertising too though (like putting a flyer in the venue 2 weeks back and posting info about it other places). Idk though, we'll see

Miztik

Smash Master
kenny

cool. cool.

i have some not so good news... i didn't sell my family guy dvds yet. LOL
he told my other friend that he had the money on him but forgot to come over.
oh well. i guess i'll have to win some mms. haha

who's sponsoring me?

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Nick, if you call in the morn and I don't answer just knock on my window. And tell that ****** *** rj that I I'm bringing my ps3 then he's coming in my house to help me carry **** and unhook and everything

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i woke up early

yayuhz

i don't have a setup to bring, just a console. which is what i'm assuming you mean. lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
spenser, we have to play more than just two matches this time.
i heard you've gotten better but i was falco, so i couldn't tell. LOL

if any of you see me after today, it won't be for a LONG time.
so you guys should just let me win this, ok?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think kenny has a good chance

but dont 'let' him win, that would be disrespectful

good luck kenny, and see u guys after the tournament

Top Bottom