• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
thanks, andre.
i know they won't "let" me win.

i bet someone hella good is randomly gonna show up again.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that 'hella good' person is lumpycpu

how u win tournaments is focus, food, determination to win, and analyzing/adapting to the match at hand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm feelin' pretty good.

i can focus pretty well, i think.

p.s. **** sleep. who needs it?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i bet there's already a few people at the venue just sitting there sweating... lol poor lil buddies

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
tourney was too good

maru: Good **** Marubin!!! you beasted on choknater in crews... why are you so good?

blazing Arrow: thanks for the ride man. it was chill to hang out w/ u throughout the day. you're improving so much that i'm afraid that you might be the next MAYOR OF MERCED if I'm not too careful haha

mexican: my ganon is gay... but i'll always brag about beating you =P

gkinfinity: thanks for hosting a kick *** tourney!! your commentary was too good!

GKL: your ICs were so good that andre changed his main from ICs to ICs.

Andre/Choknater: thanks for having us over your house right after the tourney. hope we kick *** at nor-cal tournies in the near future!! Once a central cal, always a central cal.

kenny: I wish you didn't mess up so much in tournies. you would be so good if you were always at your best. I'm going to miss you so much after you move to TX.

sage: your marth is pretty good, but it's too bad you don't have much ganon exp. let's play soon.

keith: nice seeing you at the tourney. you should have seen me win the tourney!!

dooky: why are you such a bully to merced? j/p, your ganon is good, but just needs to go to more tournaments to ****.

kirbyraeg: nice friendlies. my ganon ain't so easy to beat huh lol

I'M SO PROUD OF MERCED. WE WON OUR FIRST CREW BATTLES WITH THE HELP OF EVERY MERCEDIAN

more to come later

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO i wanna hear nicks commentary!

and yeah i definitely changed my main from ics to ics to follow in gkl's footsteps! too good!

im impressed by how you guys improved. i pretty much thought central valley smash was gonna die, its good to see players getting a lot better here. bizzarro is too good : )

we didnt get to play any ics vs ganon hehe, lets do it next time! and yeah u definitely got vengeance on my falco.. but its my turn to get vengeance next!!! :)

after merced left, a certain Mexican man appeared at my doorstep and we played for a few hours. we had some **** matches. falcon vs dk = combo videos

he pretty much knows every option dk has and always picks a godlike one, but i showed him how a pair of eskimos can do 2 things at the same time, ultimate mindgammez baybeh

69% i actually really like how u post, ur not as weird now that ive met you

wish i couldve entered the tournament, but ahh its all good.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ICS VS DK GUIDE

heres what u do against dk

1. ice blocks and blizzard a lot, desynch. dk doesnt really have openings to approach besides his full hop bairs

2. spamming like so, it forces dk to jump. so just get under him and uair

3. be godlike like me

what to do against mexican's dk in particular:

1. dont run into giant punch

2. watch out for random giant punches from weird angles.

3. dont attempt to punish giant punch cuz it has like 5 minutes of shield stun and no lag

4. remember that he plays a terrible character ;)

haha honestly besides his giant punch, bair, and tilts, dk doesnt really have a lot of tools. ics have a lot. however... those are kinda all he needs.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
man, ganon is able to cover like every option, its so hard to get in on him as marth. his main moves come out so fast and have no lag so theyre like almost unable to be punished, you cant do jack **** to him out of a grab except try to tech chase after 40 or 50% with forward or down throws. but yeah i guess i just need ganon practice. i definitely shouldnt have lost to that guy in losers semis though. no johns but i just think that i should have had the capability to outplay him, i just didnt somehow.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
keith, i think its the way u think about marth

from playing against spacies and stuff i think u focus more on grabs and combos

spacing ur sword is much more effective against most other characters, including ganon. it is difficult to do that vs ganon since his moves have a lot of range and speed too, but marth has a slight advantage because of easy edgeguarding. spacing keith u got this

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
man, ganon is able to cover like every option, its so hard to get in on him as marth. his main moves come out so fast and have no lag so theyre like almost unable to be punished, you cant do jack **** to him out of a grab except try to tech chase after 40 or 50% with forward or down throws. but yeah i guess i just need ganon practice. i definitely shouldnt have lost to that guy in losers semis though. no johns but i just think that i should have had the capability to outplay him, i just didnt somehow.
ganon is pretty easy, you gotta know his limitations

out of grabs--> nothing is really guaranteed on ganon, you just gotta mix it up. but out of throws, marth is in control and thats all that matters, even if you aren't comboing ganon.. you're still in control after every throw i can think of.

marth uthrows ganon = ganon is in the air. watch the ganon use his 2nd jump to get away from your utilt (even if you dont utilt, the ganon will most likely jump because it is his "best" option to get away from marth. once ganon uses his 2nd jump, just stay under him, wait for him to land and then grab again... or just uair him the second he uses his 2nd jump) i wish i was there to show you what im talking about, cus it sounds complicated on smashboards but it really isnt. also bthrow can be used for this mindgame/mixup too

fthrow & dthrow = tech chases or if they di wrong, fsmash or fair/nair combo

dont ever use nair vs ganon, unless you're 100% sure it will hit. if you throw it out randomly, you'll get bair'd lol.

you can always be gay & tech chase with fthrow/bthrow until high percents but that is boring

i feel this matchup is very similar to marth vs peach (in the spacing aspect), but easier because of ganons ****ty recovery

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
nair is okay during combo's and stuff but for defending against a ganon who is pressuring marth.. throwing out a nair will only have ganon's fair reach over it and knock marthh on the head LOL

and approaching a ganon with nair is just getting baited to get bair'd in the face...

nair has its uses though

its all intricate and ****

****in smash

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
keith, i think its the way u think about marth

from playing against spacies and stuff i think u focus more on grabs and combos

spacing ur sword is much more effective against most other characters, including ganon. it is difficult to do that vs ganon since his moves have a lot of range and speed too, but marth has a slight advantage because of easy edgeguarding. spacing keith u got this
yeah, my curse is getting good against mainly spacies... it really is a different game, especially as marth. every once in a while when i was fighting those ic's i'd get off on a nice long string of short hop double fairs and even if they were able to block it they were still in tight enough of a situation that they either had to roll away (and probably get hit by more) or some other random evasion technique. those are the kind of things i need to build on. i just dont think that'd work on ganon though, it might but it seems like it'd be a lot harder to get in a position beforehand and then have it work out in my favor.

ganon is pretty easy, you gotta know his limitations

out of grabs--> nothing is really guaranteed on ganon, you just gotta mix it up. but out of throws, marth is in control and thats all that matters, even if you aren't comboing ganon.. you're still in control after every throw i can think of.

marth uthrows ganon = ganon is in the air. watch the ganon use his 2nd jump to get away from your utilt (even if you dont utilt, the ganon will most likely jump because it is his "best" option to get away from marth. once ganon uses his 2nd jump, just stay under him, wait for him to land and then grab again... or just uair him the second he uses his 2nd jump) i wish i was there to show you what im talking about, cus it sounds complicated on smashboards but it really isnt. also bthrow can be used for this mindgame/mixup too

fthrow & dthrow = tech chases or if they di wrong, fsmash or fair/nair combo

dont ever use nair vs ganon, unless you're 100% sure it will hit. if you throw it out randomly, you'll get bair'd lol.

you can always be gay & tech chase with fthrow/bthrow until high percents but that is boring

i feel this matchup is very similar to marth vs peach (in the spacing aspect), but easier because of ganons ****ty recovery
yeah thats exactly how i think of it jr, playing ganon is a lot like playing peach. random priority advantage over the long *** sword when you dont expect it, and the ability to gimp you hardcore, as well as easy combos out of throws or tilts. i do admit though, since i dont know the matchup i spent a lot of time figuring out that there isnt anything you can do. i'd spend a lot of time upthrowing and trying to get uptilt out fast enough (doesnt work) before i started trying other directions. after doing that i finally came to the conclusion that the only continuation out of a grab is forward throw/downthrow to tech chase (and thats not even a guaranteed continuation)

i do just have to learn the fair spacing more with marth i guess, maybe downtilts as well but i think i severely underuse marths fair. you can help me out when you come back jr. by the way when is that? and you got your car right?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ya man i got my car

uhm, i might be able to come back within two weeks from now

it really depends if my parents want me to stay here til i sign up for class or not

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
so 2 weeks is the minimum or the maximum until you come back? when are you going to start school?

yeah man, merced is full of unconventional matchups, got ganons ic's links peaches. not a single spacie, puff, or falcon that i got to play (which i have plenty more experience against)

i just have to learn more matchups and more playstyles to adapt with.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
getcho *** whooped in mario party son

and yeah the diversity at merced is pretty challenging, all u guys need is spacie experience, and just to get better at the game in general and u guys have a pretty **** potent crew

i remember when fta was first starting to get hecka recognized, and luigi/dk/samus and jr's weird *** fox, hella unconventional and constantly messing up tounry brackets, too good

u guys step it up and u got this. good **** german is a great place to start! u guys should gooooooooooooo

i love GKL, 2 good

69%, im going to eat your taco bell

btw i think u guys can take fresno now. dizzy plays really gay, and maybe only a couple of you can stand up to obey, but... keep up the improvement and u guys got this

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
thanks for the advice andre

but i have a feeling that obey is my mental block since i lost to him every tournament so far (i had to go up against him every uc merced tourney). but i'll try to beat him next time.

now that I think about it, Fresno and Merced are like twins with opposite personalities... one plays gay while the other goofs around so much

we'll try to make it to GSG, but it depends if Dota's (Nick) car will be fixed by thursday. blazing arrow did say he was going to go if joe is up to drive us from sacramento to san francisco. Merced's got this!!!

edit: now can I be ranked in so-cal??

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ill keep going falco against all ur guys since it seems to be a hard weakness for everyone except you lol

3 ic's counters, an ic's, a samus, and a link who is decent at the matchup.....

so much more relieving to go falco LOL. im glad u got better at the matchup jason.. if we keep getting better, you'll beat some **** spacies in tournament and i'll get my vengeance at kage son!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha its also good for me to get the peach/ganon training i need, i lose to those guys in tourny a lot

nick: should we ask for gsg housing? cuz i really want to go to church at 7 am on sunday before day 2 of the tournament lol, in concord

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
lol, I like how Andre's guide to beating me personally is like...

1) Don't get giant punched
2)Avoid the giant punch
3)Watch out for the giant punch

lol

@bizzaro, you're too good man, but i got you next time. lol. I'm gonna practice in my room. lol.

On a side note, when andre showed up for the crew battle, i was like..."hell yeah! we got this for sure now. He can take like...7 stock and i can take like 7 stock and we can win"....and Andre only took 2. lol. He was supposed to do really well so he could lure out bizzaro and then i would have the counterpick against him and take him to final d. lol. WTF ANDRE!? lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
most of you guys won't see me again before i leave.

i just want you all to know that i'll never forget you
, because i'll be running this thread from texas. YAYUHZZ

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i think i'm going camping tomorrow for a few days. my out of state friends should be back in california by then.

i'm basically gone after today.
you'll miss me.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
well i think i'm going camping tomorrow for a few days. my out of state friends should be back in california by then.

i'm basically gone after today.
you'll miss me.
dang man

it sucks i didn't get to see you before you're leaving

hopefully we see each other in the future

<3 kenny, one of coolest people ever =D

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
nick: should we ask for gsg housing? cuz i really want to go to church at 7 am on sunday before day 2 of the tournament lol, in concord
Yeah, we should. we need to get all the details figured out too. So far it's me, you, and keith going. RJ may go too, but he doesn't know if he'll have to work yet or not. I'd like to get there pretty early both days as well if that's possible. And uh... if you want to go to church on sunday though you should probably drive.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ill miss u kenny, ur a really funny guy. u still gonna be playing any melee in tx?

and yeah, im cool with driving. no problemmmmm

so should i make a thread requestion for housing for 3/4 of us?

ill put it in the social section

Top Bottom