• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah i feel bad, i dont wanna make fun of him

ill play him so he can learn

i remember when macd and brandon started. they were pretty bad but look where they are now. they have the same habits as when they started too, which is pretty funny

if he still wants to play for $5 i'll do it though

when do u wanna play MOB?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
mob, if you're serious, you could learn a lot from playing that choknater guy.

MOB

Smash Rookie
nah well wait. i aint no loser *** player neither.
i beat everyone who played this game in waterford.
im sure ill give u wavedashing players a challenge.
but maybe next week cus i work all this week.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ill play that same card and say i beat everyone who plays this game in modesto, and there are more players in modesto.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ROFL

mob, i'm not trying to insult you.
i'll play you for money too, if you want.

i'm just saying, if you think wavedashing is for chumps i can't imagine you being too good to learn from playing someone like choknater. just think of it as me complimenting him.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
look at his account created june 2010, plus the fact mango posting in the modesto thread. watch that be mangos new account, you gonna lose 5 bucks andre. haha.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
$5.

you vs. my kirby. no wavedashing, l-cancel, anything.
lmfao I wanna watch that

if this guy's for real, don't mm him. he'll hate smashers forever.
yeah he'll probably never play the game again haha

look at his account created june 2010, plus the fact mango posting in the modesto thread. watch that be mangos new account, you gonna lose 5 bucks andre. haha.
lmao I was thinking that too actually. I doubt mango would know where enochs is tho

And hey, i'm down to MM you too Mob. I'll use zelda lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mango wouldnt waste his time doing something like that lol

trust me i know

cuz im a big fanboy

but not lately :) step it up mango

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Aite, winners and grand finals are up since that's what you guys asked for the most. losers finals, doubles, and the other games will be up tmw

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
thanks for uploading, bro.
that falco was getting off for a second.

i didn't watch the ic's ones... doesn't sound very cool. lol

If you guys are up for some NO WAVEDASH MM, let's play brawl instead. Well choknater isnt exactly a good teacher, you have to learn yourself from playing him. Jr. was a very good teacher, but he's in BestCal now.

This guy Kirbyraeg gets off on Modesto. Kirby too good

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so modesto, let's record more.

we can make that cool video you guys were talking about...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol omg

i ***** that 2nd set soooooo hard

anyway

i kno why i lost

if i ever play him in tourny again (fat chance haha) i got this

edit: LOL! i just realized i won more games but lost the sets. i suckkkkk!!!!

4-2 ic's
0-1 peach
3-3 falco

Sounds good, I need to master planking puff for additional gay and also it's a viable strategy when we do that...green team thing. I don't know the name of the game. Kenny should know. The one with green = **** team and solo red person = victim.

I want to play around the world. Too casual here

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah yeah
let's play around the world if we have 4 people

greenteamgame if we have three.

i'd like to play 2 on 1 legitimately some time. haha. aka friendly fire on... but i don't care. i just wanna play.
i feel like i can beat anyone right now.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
yeah yeah
let's play around the world if we have 4 people

greenteamgame if we have three.

i'd like to play 2 on 1 legitimately some time. haha. aka friendly fire on... but i don't care. i just wanna play.
i feel like i can beat anyone right now.
your feelings are incorrect, lower your self-esteem. You're in america, where dream are beautiful and impossible to reach, get real! ^^

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
xilopryce. we're going to play melee.

we will make the best video on youtube.

and nobody but us will like it.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
suwoo knows how much of a good teacher i am

get at me

i tried to teach kenny a lot back then but then he'd just tell me to perform outrageous gay acts on him

but i dont have a problem with that

gay sex is good for the soul

suwoo knows how much of a good teacher i am

get at me

i tried to teach kenny a lot back then but then he'd just tell me to perform outrageous gay acts on him

but i dont have a problem with that

gay sex is good for the soul
I am just being honest. Also he tends to over commit to trying to do a certain combo or a certain "counter" to an approach and you learn from seeing how to keep yourself away from doing that, but then he'll switch to something else. A form of sandbagging that I have learned from. I don't really try to follow up too much from what I see in videos because a lot of those combos are pretty big gimmicks but at the same time I guess you can learn where and how to escape those.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
so what day exactly are we going to socal, tomorrow? what time are we leaving? are you guys gonna be able to pick me up on the way? what all do i need to bring and what not.

gg's procrastination.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
I am just being honest. Also he tends to over commit to trying to do a certain combo or a certain "counter" to an approach and you learn from seeing how to keep yourself away from doing that, but then he'll switch to something else. A form of sandbagging that I have learned from. I don't really try to follow up too much from what I see in videos because a lot of those combos are pretty big gimmicks but at the same time I guess you can learn where and how to escape those.
LOL YEAH. i'm glad you learned alot when we played that one time at the tourney. When i was playing you, i try to punish only one thing at a time and do it over and over and over again until you figured out what you were doing wrong =)

suwoo you're gonna be pretty good at this game one day, you remind me of brandan back in the day when he used to suck but always kept playing and eventually improved & rised to great heights (rock lee yayuhz). just keep a positive attitude, enjoy the game, and you'll overcome all barriers (you use fox/marth anyways, how many barriers do you have?)

& do everything you can to get better...

i haven't played you that much but from what i hear, you haven't hit a wall yet

man wow dude brandan is such an inspiration when i think about it... he used to literally suck *** but now he's TOO GOOD.

but on the other side, you have andre who is like shikamaru who is a genius at the game but just too lazy to do anything hahaha.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol. the reason i spell his name brandan is because i have a friend who's name is brandan & i always mix the two people up.

sometimes i just want to go to my friend brandan & get all up in his face and yell "WOMBO COMBO!"

but then he'd just look at me weird =/

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
like the way i look at you weird?

what day are we smashing?

i'm good to smash literally any day... ever... i think...
let's play and record, *****es.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
so what day exactly are we going to socal, tomorrow? what time are we leaving? are you guys gonna be able to pick me up on the way? what all do i need to bring and what not.

gg's procrastination.
**** i'm horrible at planning things and getting the word out

copypasta from some facebook thingy i wrote today

Spenser Vaughn June 29 at 2:30pm
Final Leaving Plans

ok so this is almost here. We're going to discuss some basic planning now.

1: Gas Money
I decided I'm gonna take $20 for gas from each person (seems steep, but consider that the trip down to LA proper is a little over 300 miles plus driving to and from the expo each day), so it'll probably be pretty close to a tank for the trip down, a tank on the way back, and whatever else to defray remaining costs=$120+whatever out of my pocket. I won't ask anybody else to drive since that's my responsibility and I'm sure I can handle it. If it doesn't wind up being quite that much I'll give some money back if you're truly desperate for every dollar that you have, but it'll probably be around $20 anyway.

2: The Trip Down
I talked with nick and su about this at first, and I think that nick is going to let people stay at his house overnight if they would like to, and nick's house is my first stop (to pick up nick, rj, and robert who will all definitely crash at his place tonight). I'll pick up su, andre, and keith on the way down, but please pack the night before and make sure you don't forget anything. :3

We're planning to leave sometime in the late morning, and we're probably going to start picking up people at around 11 or so. Let me know if that doesn't work, but I really wanna try to get to the grapevine before the real afternoon traffic sets in.

3: The Trip Back
We're going to leave relatively early on sunday...cuz we need to for su. probably around 9 or so we'll start finding everybody and meeting back at the parking lot, then we'll go shortly afterwards.

Pack up what you don't need on saturday night, then we'll just throw all the stuff in the car and we'll leave straight from the expo after things finish up sunday night. It's a night drive, and I'll drop off people as I picked them up (keith, then andre/su, then nick's house, then home to crash).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
idk if my mom is letting me go LOL she doesnt really say anything, i kno she doesnt really want me to

man i suk i lose to modesto and cant win in merced

when i finally feel like i can beat everyone here

there are no more tournaments

cmon modesto/merced

just one more tournament, so i can win it

and GSG, i got this

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
gross brandon!
LOOL

i always thought jr and andre were better than me cuz they had a 2 year head start

i caught up tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jr and andre are too good, def gotta by those hour long friendlies with them whenever we get the chance to

im not going to modesto btw

my mom never came to get me, and i haven't got ahold of her =(

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
@chok: if you can make it to Merced's tourney around September then sure you have a chance to win, but you have to beat me first (as long as i don't lose to obey).

Top Bottom