• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea nick just upload WF and GF first! HEHEHEHE

or WF, then losers finals, then GF, cuz my matches with d%ky were pretty ****. LOL. like really ****

losers semis can wait hahahaha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm feeling a bit defensive right now\
Kenny how about some matches outside of the ****ing usual fox dittos? I could play my marth some more. I play too many fox dittos on melee. Super smash fox
we play whatever match up you request. lol
i whooped your fox with samus (as usual), and you beat my sheik pretty easily.

i want more practice in fox dittos, but if you want i'll **** you with peach all day.
you say you don't need practice against peach, but i'm a lot better than you at that match up so you would still gain from it. i'm down to go any match up you want.
i don't mind fox/falco/marth/peach/samus or even doc/ganon.
if you want to improve, you should play me till you can beat half of my characters. lol
when u play kenny, just choose ur character, stick with it, and smile

as long as u have any confidence you'll win :)

cuz kenny gets demoralized by positive attitudes
lol i don't think it's really like that anymore.
i mean, you can say that because you are better than me can beat me a lot of the time.
i honestly feel confident against your falco with fox and against your ic's with peach (LOL).
playing you in teams made me really wanna play you some singles.
we should have a smashfest before i move.

I am pretty confident when I play Kenny, though we're pretty even I think. It depends how consistent Kenny is playing, but anyways the point is that I am not really having all that much fun playing the same match-up again and again when I could be playing something else. Kenny and I discussed this at the tournament. Sometimes I switch to marth to get out of that boring feeling
i thought you wanted to work on your marth. lol
not to be a ****, but i don't think we're even. you're not terrible, and i'm not the greatest, but i just don't see it. if you've watched the way i play against someone who ***** me or is really hard for me, maybe you'll think i'm better.

i think the only person better than me in modesto is andre.

JAMIE quit and i was already even with him before that. i wish he still played. he's still good and really fun to play with.
NICK's puff got a lot better, but i still feel like i can beat him consistently with my try hard cap on.
ADAIAS got a lot better from the first time i played him, but he doesn't have any experience and assumes after 3 matches of not getting 4 stocked that he knows the match up and doesn't need practice in it.
MIZTIK ****IN' ***** (enough said)
KEITH is so underrated. lol
he's either even with me or barely better/worse than me.
he ***** me hard on my bad days.
idk how he does against other people, but for me he's really hard and playing him is mentally exhausting.

i've noticed something while playing nick and adaias.
when i see that i'm down a stock or about to lose a match, i start trying harder even when i wasn't intentionally sandbagging. i used to be demoralized by that, but now i'm like "hell naw" lol

this game's too good and ima miss you ****ers when i'm move to Buttfuck, TX

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wtf now your spirit and confidence get better in the best lumpy post i've ever read, right before you move

we definitely gotta play. got mad respeck after that post

this is how i feel the modesto players stand against each other

1 kenny / keith in a known matchup
2 anthony when hes getting off
3 nick
4 keith in an unknown matchup
5 spenser
6 adaias/anthony

nick feels like he got a ton better, but the accuracy of his attacks can still improve and he needs to punish a lot harder and also be more creative. hard to get creative when u dont have someone u can constantly beat though... but yea, keep getting better lol

adaias i think needs to be more aggressive and should watch more videos to learn rather than to critique. especially old MLG stuff. the ken/pc/azen metagame was a lot different than now, but seriously things were really really intense and matches were different in a metagame dominated by marth

spenser just needs to play more, i dont think hes that motivated to get better in smash lol but thats fine

keith and kenny have always had potential to be really good..... they just need money and rides i guess LOL!

i ****, but i lose to dk

i think all of u need to get attuned to the feeling of 'im dominating right now, i can do whatever i want and get in my opponents head with mixups' so that you can visualize yourself with that mindset in a tournament match. i really enjoyed my matchups with mexican cuz even though i was plowing through him in our second set, i felt it not only in his improved play but in his eyes and breathing that he was trying a bit harder lol. donkey kong too good

i got this next time i play him though, ill just start with falco hehe

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
come over and play me one of these days.
and/or we should have a smashfest.

i'm only here for about a month so we should make something happen.

a month can be a long time.
we can play more than one time in that month. haha

i'm afraid i'll prolly quit when i move.
i'll be losing a melee scene and gaining a life (job and ****).

we'll see.

p.s. i wonder if adaias would be offended by my post. lol i wanna play him more too.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
adaias is fine lol, he wouldnt take too much offense to stuff

the kids gettin better

random thought, that one samus guy from merced likes the game but i feel like he wont improve unless he takes it more seriously haha. i thought he was like, okay, or something, cuz he had some tech skill... but 0-4 against gk infinity is a bad record hahahaha.

what date do u move exactly, kenny?

and yea texas doesnt have much of a melee scene... they have brawl though :p

i think u should find xilo, start a 2 man crew and take over texas, the south, then the nation

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
roughly a month away from now, i leave. prolly a little sooner than that, actually.

the 18th is the next modesto tourney (i think).
then i'm gonna go camping prolly from the 20th to 22nd.

just pretend i leave on the 18th.

take over texas, the south, then the nation
oh, you mean like George W. Bush?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
unless nick has another youtube channel that i don't know about, he didn't upload them and he has a generic excuse.
haha good ol' reliable nick. yayuhzz

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well since I recorded the videos as sets instead of as single matches, I had to crop the videos and separate them before uploading (the rendering process takes about 3 minutes for each individual game as well). And yeah, my internet is kinda sucking right now too and keeps losing connection and canceling the uploads, but I have been working on it a lot today and they will be up by tonight.

While the videos were rendering though I watched the games again. The second set was 3-0 andre.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
hey im coming back home tommorrow

im not really sure if i can play tommorrow tho

hopefully wednesday

im pretty sure this will be the last tiime i see you kenny, so lets make it worth it

as for modesto, this is judging off random stuff

kenny - i always thought u could be beast, and i can tell like you did wanna get better and did try. I wouldn't even say u were hard on yourself, i just think at times you make it seem as if there is no way possible you'll ever pass someone up if they consistently beat you or to ever get better if you lose. Sometime it seem like you were content with your skill to and weren't determined enough, that and no tournaments

nick - nick seems like he got better and from what i seen he has the most legit attitude in modesto, in the sense that he breaks the modesto chain of being either cocky or emo, nick just lets his game speak.

keith - just seems to be discouraged when he loses, keith is really good, he seems like he'll 3 stock you if he doesn't care about losing

spencer - im not really sure but spencer took 11 STOCKS!!!! in that crew battle, nuff said.

adaias - im haven't played you much either, but you should prolly learn how to make cookies before you start handing out recipes. I say that because ur telling people they should switch it up or do this and that, but your losing. There's no point for them to stop doing whatever you tell them because in the end, ur still getting 2 stocked. If you see when theyre doing something wrong instead of critiqin them, ABUSE IT! so you can win, that will give them the hint that they're not doing something right.

anthony - i just think anthony doesn't wanna lose to the people he plays all the time, other than that, i don't really think anthony gives a **** LOL, he seems like he has other stuff going for him same with jamie

andre - you've been too good for the past like 4 years, always 3 steps ahead of everyone else in modesto, if you went to tournaments andre, youd be in the top 10 easy

but yea i <3 modesto, and kenny we could make a video for you going away =(

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well me, spense, and keith are leaving on wednesday and heading to LA for 4 days so we probably won't be able to smash with you guys. You guys should definitely make a going away video though... I can probably make one too. We just need to smash a ton in the next month and record any time we're playing.

like I said yesterday though, I'm making you go to the next modesto tourney kenny and forcing you to enter lol

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
what a long not necessary post
gtfo no room for scrubs up in this pro thread. On a related note, I wanna see m2k beat you in a big regional in winners or grand finals, but just by barely.

So yeah bros let's have a smashfest when I get home from socal.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Also, I'm thinking hanging with rj for 4 or 5 days and playing ssfiv as much as we probably will might make me motivated to get better, and might help me replace melée when the scene dies in like 4 months when everyone is gone. That and evo is in like 2 weeks so too much hype.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
what the ****??

look. if you guys wanna record, i'm down as ****.

brandon, are you gonna have a car/ride?
we should mos def get some matches in. we barely played last time.

p.s. brandon, tell your little friends this is a SUPER SERIOUS THREAD and they can make their jokes about you being black somewhere else.

MOB

Smash Rookie
laying down official challenge.
doubles.
money.

is it only a group of guy friends that know each other here? or what?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Well since I recorded the videos as sets instead of as single matches, I had to crop the videos and separate them before uploading (the rendering process takes about 3 minutes for each individual game as well). And yeah, my internet is kinda sucking right now too and keeps losing connection and canceling the uploads, but I have been working on it a lot today and they will be up by tonight.

While the videos were rendering though I watched the games again. The second set was 3-0 andre.
yayuhzz. i wanna watch it now too. andre getting off on that big monkey.
(then losing the set ha)

laying down official challenge.
doubles.
money.

is it only a group of guy friends that know each other here? or what?
GIVE.
ME.
MONEY.

lol yeah kind of.
where are you from?
modesto thread is too good.

MOB

Smash Rookie
modesto by enochs.
i havent played in a while but me and my friend were smash kings in waterford.
and im down to play again and maybe win some money!
u guys dont wave dash do u?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
sometimes in training mode, i do.
but only to show off.

i'll play you guys for money though with any modesto smasher i know.
it'll be fun. hehe

i'm not that good, i use dk. (sometimes...)

MOB

Smash Rookie
im willing to put up quite a bit..
how much u trying to put on the line?
melee though right?
doubles. fair stage. no items.

u guys know of any local or pretty local like bay area..BIG tournaments?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
look how many posts i have. i obviously wavedash. LOL

andre, can i be your lvl 9 ganon?

edit: MOB is actually mango and lucky hustling us.

MOB

Smash Rookie
ive never played against players who wavedash..
so i dont know..if ur going to do that thennnnn........
haha..
no wavedashing. thats for chumps.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ill put up whatever ur willing to put up lol

lol @ no wavedashing

its hard for me to like, not wavedash O_O thats kinda weird. but sure lol

and yea kenny sure lol

ahhhh i feel like a swindler

oh well money is money

MOB

Smash Rookie
5 Gs.
i havent got into this game since back in 07...when i was champ.
u think u pretty much mastered ur character? i know i did..just got to get rid of this rust and sharpen.
but yah..whats up with those BIG tournaments? 5 thousand..yah right. i wasnt 4real.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if this guy's for real, don't mm him. he'll hate smashers forever.

mob, who do you use? (please say roy)
and where is enochs?

MOB

Smash Rookie
dont mm him?
enochs high school. its in east side modesto. by sylvan and oakdale.

i use LINK baby!!
and i mastered all three techniques to smash. and if u guys dont know what they r..then u guys r rooks using wavedashing as ur only tool. haha.. funny **** huh?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if you think there are only three techniques to smash, then u r rooks using ur tool as ur only tool. haha.. funny **** huh?

Top Bottom