• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

MvC3 looks priy gud so far. I am still not used to the new 3D + comic effects, it makes it feel like too much is going on especially with the moving backgrounds now. Definitely a game I'll be playing either way

Edit: I liked the old MvC2 look the most :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
idk how to play, i go easy mode by playing blackheart cable doom

LOL

i used to try magneto and sentinel and the godly chars, but the combos and fly unfly stuff is soooo hard

i have no clue how to use storm haha

Foy

Smash Champion
Sentinel is your basic dude to get good with. He is legitamately one of the best characters for everything.

Noob team is Cable/Sent/Cyclops

****s weak.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
andre, you misspelled xilo.

i like 2d animation and nobody seems to make games like that anymore.
was the most recent kof still in 3d? or did they go back to 2d?

yet again, sf characters look like they aren't adapting well to the mvc concept.

in the time ryu says haduken, anyone else would've shot a fully automatic rifle or something and got 12 hits off.
not to mention how dante has crazy blazblue combos.

i only watched like 5 minutes of footage and idk jack about mvc, so idk...

Dante seems to have really good combos, that's true BLAZBLUE COMBOS. SF characters always seem to have some trouble in MvC games because they're too slow. Someone will probably find out some infinite combos in time so eh. There will definitely be really broken long chain combos with assist and that team air combo is ridiculous haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if i could use a fight stick, maybe i'd be more interested in these games.

they all look cool but they're so hard to play. haha

I played MvC2 in an arcade two years ago haha. I think I spent like $10 on it, but it was cheap.

The machine had a hacked xbox running all the stuff haha. Something like $1 for hour since it ran on time limit, not in-game credits.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
giggidy.

p.s. when's the next smash? (me and keith are the only ones who ever ask that question...)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
;alsdkjf;alskdjf;aslkdjf;laskdjf;lsdjf;lasdkjfa;skdjf;askdjf;askjdf;alskjdf;lsakdjf;l

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
So I just started watching gurren lagann, I think Ron is my favorite character, so far at least. So yeah Thursday sounds good to smash, Spencer better be here that time, and brandizzle too.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
So I just started watching gurren lagann, I think Ron is my favorite character, so far at least. So yeah Thursday sounds good to smash, Spencer better be here that time, and brandizzle too.
im leaving thursday evening so i doubt it

my bad

if anyone is down to come here today then im down tho

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
adaias has the gayest metaknight style LOL but actually, i think i learned from playing it that i should be gayer when i use metaknight :)

i like, never nado. i should use that move more

I switch up my style. From aggressive m2k copycat and Meta Knight Da Bess. Meta Knight Da Bess is good stuff when they don't want to approach you. Shield pressure with tornado all day. Ftilt their counter attacks because ftilt outranges everything except like ike LOL. OoS shuttle loop punish instead of a grab

Playing gay with meta knight will get you ***** ASAP if you do it versus G&W, marth, meta knight, etc other aggressive hard hitting characters with invincibility frame moves.

Nado is a pretty safe move on heavy characters, but like the characters I mentioned before, they will **** you if you spam it because they either outspace it or they can just DI the tornado out since they're light....or they can just upb.

My OoS game has gotten priy gud. OoS shuttle loop and OoS nair

Edit: are we playing smash today or tomorrow?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Dang, you're leaving tmw brandon? Idk if I can do anything today. I don't feel that great and I've got jury duty... we'll see

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my recovery in brawl is too good lol

man i think dedede is one of my best characters right now, hes so easy to use. grab everything

i really like boozer as well, i just need to learn the meta matchup with him, idk how to break his approaches cuz his ftilt is too good. maybe i should shield, but his shield is garbs. or DOWN B YAYUHZ

Bowser is definitely at a disadvantage against Meta Knight. Dedede is slightly at a disadvantage, but it's nothing he can't overcome with a good neutral stage. Meta Knight Da Bess definitely cleans up versus those two. Dedede can't do anything about tornado except maybe pivot grab. You can utilt tornado if it's from above, but there's no sure way of breaking nado every time. Tornado -> tornado -> tornado, the best combo

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
metaknight is just gay his worst match up is still in his favor what kind of **** is that
metaknight's worst match up is still 55-45
fox is top tier in melee but his worst match up is against DK and it's 30-70.
(says ignorant brawl player on the MLG blog...)
So are we playing smash today?
that's the million dollar question...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
no he didn't. it was on the mlg livestream thing that was on top of smashboards.

don't worry jr, mexican was making fun of him on the match up thread.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
1) puff

2) falco/fox
4) sheik

5) marth

6) peach
7) falcon

8) ics
9) doc

10) ganon
11) dk
12) samus
13) luigi
14) pikachu
15) mario

16) link
17) y. Link
18) roy

19) yoshi
20) zelda
21) gw
22) mewtwo
23) bowser
24) pichu

25) ness
26) kirby
. .

tl;dr message before my post: Puff is pretty much top tier, doubt she's number one, I don't know **** about the rest of the tier list

puff as one...I don't know man. I know puff ***** falco and fox (see mango and hbox). Any little mistake either of them makes is a rest. Not teching, not sweetspoting ledge (as if they will get to the ledge anyways), missing l-cancel, missing DI on uthrow, etc. But I'm just full of **** though. Maybe if the fox is like TA godly perfect it's even. I definitely think puff is top tier though, just...in no particular order. She has pretty strong counterpick stages. Good luck beating a puff on brinstar

I don't know about the rest. I almost want to say fox is still the best, but I don't really see people winning those big nationals with fox because it's incredibly difficult to play so well for so long. Depends if you think the tier list should be mostly based on ideal conditions/playing (yet somewhat realistic) or based on practicality and tournament results that back it up.

Heh I kind of agree with marth's placement in m2k's list. Marth hasn't been doing well for quite a while. Don't know about the rest. And who gives a **** about any character below ganon

edit: Nvm, looked at m2k post in that thread. If only I could learn to play puff, but I hate puff. Makes me feel like I am playing brawl in melee.

Top Bottom