• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Well blizzard started *****ing about the time OSL started. Gave everyone until the end of the season to work things out. Heard Kespa hasn't had too much luck, but I am sure they will work something out. MSL has already gotten sponsored so everyone but GomTV really have to work something out soon.

Blizzard makes a killing off the popularity brought in by Korea's league. I'm sure if it wasn't for them, starcraft would have died out by now. It's been over a decade since that game came out, way more than even the longest of replay values. I guess they want royalties to make even more money when SC2 comes out.

Edit: I looked at some match from 2001 with boxer in it. LCD monitors, space age suit. Now you look at today's leagues and it seems like we went back in time. Of course CRT monitors have a couple advantages over LCD monitors.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wonder if other countries are gonna be able to stack up against sc2 korea teams this time around

hdstarcraft and huskystarcraft featuring new upcoming pros like TLO and whitera are too good

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
whitera ain't upcoming, he was a pro in scbw so it makes sense he'd try to be good at sc2

I think foreigners will be able ot do a lot better, at least early on

standardized builds will creep in, then that korean preparation will win out

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha alright alright

but yea i still never heard of whitera before sc2

so idcare about them unless they were godlike in scbw

Modesto is so gay, too many homo jokes makes me doubt Modesto.

It's some disease and it makes you bad at smash at the same time since you don't want to practice at all anymore.

Homo sex breaks down cars, see Jr's flat tires

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
Jr Is running his parents business till Thursday or Friday, after that he's probably coming back over my house for a few days. Like I've said many times before, any days people are free are good to come smash at my house, or play scII or sfiv/third strike or djmbs/p2 or competetive patty cake. Get at me faygots

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Lumpy's Tech Skill Training

hahaha i love this thread when it's not a starcraft/pokemon thread.

modesto smash is so gay. i would like to think i've helped contribute to that, but takes more one dude to have an all male orgy.

so i've been practicing certain things in melee for like 1 to 2 hours a day.
i'm gonna make that 2 to 3 hours a day for now. generally speaking, i have terrible tech skill. i intend to turn that into decent/stable tech skill.

here's my training.

1 - WAVESHINING. i'm relearing how to waveshine with a good/stiff R button while trying to free myself of habitual shine follow ups. (sometimes one shine to up smash is the best thing, but i'll start trying to drillshine by habit.) fox fox fox fox fox fox fox

2 - L CANCELING. after i get control of my waveshines, i'm going for obscure L cancels (like full drills against light shields or anything with ganon) so i can adjust to what happens instead of Lcanceling as a guess of when i hit the ground. i'm also going to be working on safe shield pressure enough to avoid getting shield grabbed so often. this is a good time for this since i'll have gotten use to a good R button by now.

3 - WD OOS. i never wavedash out of shield with any characters because it feels too unnatural. i'm going to try out using L instead of only R for everything. this will help me a little bit with almost every character.

sidenote - gonna see about throwing in waveshine oos here too, but if it's too hard then i'm throwing it to the back of the line. i just think it'd be nice to be on the ground after you shine someone than to be in the middle of your midair jump.

4 - FC OOS. this would be a good time for me to learn float cancels out of shield with peach. i've done them here and there but very sloppily and inconsistently in the past. now i just nair oos all the time (which is also great with peach) i want to be able to do them naturally and smoothly.

this is not set in stone, but for now those are the steps i'm gonna take and that's basically the order i'm gonna learn them in. things like fail spacing and having a terrible grab game, those things require another player. i'm basically relearning tech skill now that i understand the game and how it all gets put to use. in other words i'm going to focus on practical and efficient tech skill instead of moonwalking with fox and scar jumping with sheik. with this training, i won't quit smash again next smash event.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
just played for like an hour. i started on the waveshining thing yesterday and it already feels easier.
i'm easing in the Lcanceling but not focused on it.

since the first two steps are basically refresher courses, i think they'll take less time than i originally though.
either way, it has to be done.

btw, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267023

i saw victra's sig in a random thread and caught a glimpse of choknater and was like WHAA haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i only knew that thread existed because i clicked victra's sig.

hey so like... anyone know a good site i can watch freddy vs jason on?
i know some but can't find a good link. (the one i settled for is buffering to slowly to watch. ugh)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
lol, even after you told me he was in her sig I was surprised to see his picture pop up

And I've been doing some melee tech skill practice too actually. I'm sort of just practicing stuff randomly though. As in, I'll usually just watch videos of good players and try to imitate something they did. I'm noticing slow improvement though.

Ah kpop. But their music isn't all that great though, I'm generalizing a lot here. I actually enjoy watching shows with the kpop kiddos talking. Pretty interesting to know how they get in stuff like SME with some random connections. I learned the other day that Sunny's uncle founded SME or something like that.

Gotta pick up Korean. I've known the hangul "chart" for a couple years now. Learning more words each day by looking up words I don't understand from tv shows haha. I learn quickly so I hope to master the basics by the end of this summer.

About my tech skill, I think it's about where I want it to be. I just need to improve what I know. I can do everything effortlessly now, just have to get frame precise which will come naturally with just practing on people. What I really need to work on are match-ups and the more trickier spacing. I'll probably practice my ridiculous SDI more. Nick knows what I am talking about

Park0o

Smash Ace
smash smash smash??? come at me with 342-7710. will smash at my house tomorrow. so hit me up...plz?

Park0o

Smash Ace
Ah kpop. But their music isn't all that great though, I'm generalizing a lot here. I actually enjoy watching shows with the kpop kiddos talking. Pretty interesting to know how they get in stuff like SME with some random connections. I learned the other day that Sunny's uncle founded SME or something like that.

Gotta pick up Korean. I've known the hangul "chart" for a couple years now. Learning more words each day by looking up words I don't understand from tv shows haha. I learn quickly so I hope to master the basics by the end of this summer.
do you like anything suuwo?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
smash smash smash??? come at me with 342-7710. will smash at my house tomorrow. so hit me up...plz?
keith's brother is graduating tomorrow and i don't wanna be here for the after party.
it'd be tight to play some smash.

idk how much luck i'll have getting a ride though.
wtfff kenny this doesnt sound like you at all hahaha
really? lol why not?

you should smash at jamies tomorrow (and give me a ride)
http://stagevu.com/video/bjgohgimdsso

I'm guessing that's what you wanted.
Make sure you have DivX.
if this works, i'll suck you-- i mean... i'll like you very much.
thanks

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kpop thread, catfish thread, connecticutt player finder, and any disco room thread are the fastest moving threads on the board lol

same with tier list discussions on good days

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
also andre i think i'll actually start playing BRAWL like you said

I'll become a master of everything this summer

all while swimming 3 hours a day

god i'm gonna be so happy when that's over -_-

I'll teach you the rules of brawl. My unbeatable MK and G&W combo. If you get lucky and beat me once, it's back to rainbow cruise or some equally gay stage.

Brawl is a pretty good game. All about spacing knight. I actually don't know how to play any characters besides MK and G&W sadly. There are a lot of characters I haven't even touched in brawl: Lucas, pit, wolf, Dedede, etc

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when is this tourney gonna be?
i wanna update the thread.

p.s. gasol and kobe are handling game 1 nicely together.

Top Bottom