• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Jpeg, really brawl isn't a bad game. It's not like anyone here is abandoning melee. I don't honestly find a whole lot of the melee matches to be exciting when its the usual. Same thing with brawl matches, they're boring in general. Jpeg, tell me how exciting is it to watch hungrybox beat everyone with his jigglypuff. I am sure everyone here is on the edge of their seats when they watch him play.

NorCal prefers smash64 over brawl and everyone knows how bad of a game smash64 really is so...

Anthony's anti-brawl posts are funny though

Spenser you mean MEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIII

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
eehh, I kinda dont like/am scared about where this thread is going . . . . .
this is how i feel about when this thread turns into pokemon stuff >_> and it does it frequently
Jpeg, really brawl isn't a bad game. It's not like anyone here is abandoning melee. I don't honestly find a whole lot of the melee matches to be exciting when its the usual. Same thing with brawl matches, they're boring in general. Jpeg, tell me how exciting is it to watch hungrybox beat everyone with his jigglypuff. I am sure everyone here is on the edge of their seats when they watch him play.

NorCal prefers smash64 over brawl and everyone knows how bad of a game smash64 really is so...

Anthony's anti-brawl posts are funny though

Spenser you mean MEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIII
pshh, nobody watches hungrybox play anyways! actually i find jiggs matches really entertaining, their level of spacing and reaction time and all that good stuff really impresses me :)

but yeah mango vs hungrybox is boring as ****

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
lol, a high level of spacing is really nothing to be impressed about w/ jigglies
(no offense nick)
. Coupled with your average kid's reaction time and anything jiggs will do looks like good spacing; I actually think foresight is what most puff's need and is what I look for when watching them.

and no, adidas, im not trying to exclude brawl, nor really worried about melee (or Miiirreeiii) being abandoned, just figured id point out the sudden pro brawl posts. . . .maybe I might have had alil 'over-bearing protective parent' in me, though =D

imo, while jiggs is no falcon when it comes to stirring excitement, "it is what it is" and I have a different standard set for when I watch jiggs matches and look for different things when watching her sets; she's a different char so I feel as if you have to do that, whereas brawl it seems viewing all matches are the same experience, regardless of char. . .
. . . im weird though, so. . . .

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
john, you are weird, but that makes sense. (for once)

i ****ing hate everything that demands any kind of skill or technical consistency.
maybe that's why i'd like brawl more, i can put more effort into strategy and less into the technical execution. i know i will never in my life go an entire match without missing an L cancel or a tech.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
brawl takes extremely precise spacing and execution

yes, even if you're mk. because everyone and their mom knows the mk matchup with every character.

i think i'm biased because i play really fast characters lol. sheik and wolf auto cancel every move ALL day

reverse needle TRIXIES

there are some characters though (mostly those underplayed ones) where you can be very liberal and creative with your move choices.

example... ness, link, wario, mario, POKEMON TRAINER is a big one, i dunno

the game is still fairly young in my eyes, and there are a lot of new strategies and characters popping up, and i like knowing everything that goes on that i find interesting.

some characters are mad boring to me... pit lucario marth rob gw... but theyre pretty good chars though. just repetitive haha. masashi is hella interesting to watch as pit though... probably cuz hes masashi

protip: bowser ftilt outspaces lucario fsmash. TOOO GOOOD. i wonder if it outranges marths fsmash too

though their fsmashes have disjointed priority... thats okay... with bowser u just wait, with a fsmash in ur face... THEN PUNISH THE UNPUNISHABLE AHHH TOO GOOD

my favorite brawl characters right now are.... sheik, wolf, link, bowser, snake... i been picking up luigi too, hes pretty fun and i think i finally understand him and how to be not terrible. heres what u do... when people are falling... u get under them... USMASH!!!

luigi's dash attack is actually a good move... :bee:

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
luigi's dash attack in brawl has always been a good move

and you're stupid for not mentioning ike anywhere in that sentence of awesome brawl characters =D

even though he's probably one of the most repetitive characters he's still really fun too

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
oh well *** smash

get at games like tetris, katamari damacy, wetrix, tetrisphere, puyo puyo, and panel de pon/tetris attack (though i suck at that). :3

and ****ing crazy taxi sooooooooooooo goooooood

i guess i see why i'm not so serious about melee lol, there's just so many better puzzle games out there!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
you act like i'm terrible at smash andre

i'm not terrible. i'm like half a kenny.

ok maybe that is kinda bad, but....still.....i'll go to your house and beggars can't be choosers (:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha okay

well i want to play people who want to be really really good, or at least just ARE really really good already even if they don't want to be the best that much

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'll come over andre. Finals and all that shiz is coming up though so I can't really do anything 'til that's over. Once May comes around i'll be free to smash it up (which includes going over to keith's). And I do have the drive to get better. I haven't played a lot since school has gotten in the way but I still play every week against Su or RJ and occasionally practice tech skill lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like you nick

nick here's a tip for you

EVERY time you hit someone with an aerial, hold either away or go through them so that puff lands outside of shield grab range. this includes nairs and fairs. i wanna see you do the mango lol, where u are falling one someone and fair their shield, but u spaced away so that u can fsmash them when u react to their missed shield grab

i wonder how much worse i am at melee now...i haven't touched it since break lol
How do you ever get worse at melee? When I take breaks from playing games for a while, I usually come back playing better than before even if it's a techskill heavy game. Maybe it's an exception for me.

When are we playing melee at your house Andre? Also **** fox vs. puff. I feel like I shouldn't have lost to Nick's puff at UCMerced when I was doing pretty well before. Also shame at my bad DI during those matches, but I still think it's an unfair match-up unless you're lucky who's tech skill never runs dry even after playing for like 8 hours straight.

Ah, I better step up my other characters for jigglypuff or just play jigglypuff dittos instead

edit: don't even bother grabbing jigglypuff because the rewards sure are not good. Even Modesto knows how to SDI fox's uair so jigglypuff doesn't suffer from getting grabbed. OoS usmash is a better option since you get rested / grabbed if you missed, but at least it does more damage than throwing puff.

OH MAH GAH MARVEL VERSUS CAPCOM 3 ANNOUNCED. ITS MAHVEL BAYBEEE

Get at Marth vs. Puff, unless Nick got way better at that matchup and he'd tap me now.
Yeah, I should have gone with marth since I can beat him with my marth easier. However, I wanted to go all fox in the tournament (except versus mexi). I had mexi sweating during our matches, it was funny. Peach is too good versus him, but I still marginally lost.

I still want to improve my fox so I don't have to switch characters, but that's going to prove impossible during tournaments for me. Hopefully either my sheik or marth can carry me on those even match-ups instead.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fox is incredibly difficult to play in tournament O___O consistency is key

on the other hand... sheik is soooo fun to play in tournament LOL. the two tournaments where i went all sheik i had sooooo much fun.

though i placed 5th both times, and they were modesto/merced tournaments LOL, not legit

ic's places me higher so i stick with ic's yayuhz

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Joon,

I apologize for my behavior earlier today. I was whining and complaining then acted like a weasel anytime I won/did something neat. . . it wasnt very nice nor very professional, especially considering my current attire. . . .
. . .O yeah, im also sorry I FALCON PUNCHED YOU IN GAME! SACRED COMBO MAN!!!Remember that last stock of the last game where I baired you, and you all like "ooo man! Im gonna get fuken edgeguarded like a knob! And then I ran and accidently did up-b and was like, "**** tacos!", but then you were like, "it's ok, I'll just get baired again for you!'" and I was like "ok, cool beans!", baired you, DD'ed and went " FALCOMMMMM PAAAAAAUUUNCCH!!" . . . . insta-death, man! just brutes mcgee!!! Oh, You shoulda seen the look on yoour face!

andre, teach me how to have fun playing sheik in tourney

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
um lol. . . I guess technically. . . .

but judging by venusaur's face, i would assume otherwise. . .

that's an O-face if ive ever seen
nah thats not his o face, hes just trying to eat a pokeball. either that or spencer is right. if my mom takes off anytime this week anyone down to have a mini smashfest at my house?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm done with the semester next tuesday night, but until then I'll be busy studying and doing last minute projects which I put off the entire semester. Smashfest next week? ;D

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
I'm done with the semester next tuesday night, but until then I'll be busy studying and doing last minute projects which I put off the entire semester. Smashfest next week? ;D

ill ask my mom if she plans to go anywhere within the next week or two and that day we can have like modesto stockton and sac/wherever you fgts live come over

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
andre, teach me how to have fun playing sheik in tourney
u play against a link ganon or pikachu and cg them to death

u play against a peach and dthrow fair

u play against a fox and troll him by edgeguarding with ftilt or dtilt or dsmash 5 times

Top Bottom