• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
NIIIIIIICEEEE!!!

im jealous of everyone who got to see you in action!

and sorry joon, I am going to be taking the first (nick's) answer

funny cause I was gonna take joon's answer, until I got the reference like half a minute later. . . . =D

so the answer is yes, I will be going to ownapalooza on sunday, pending no plans that could affect school, which is highly unlikely

Happy 500th page! I knew we could do it!

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Lol I'm glad you didn't take my answer...I thought it was going to be something unworthwhile.

Let's lol at John once again for not having 40ppp.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
lol i would have if you had answered first

(why didnt you answer first!). . . . =D

and, for your information, I have over 9000ppp

40 means nothing to me

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
*sneaks into thread to act like i've been here the whole time*

mlg brawl?

i wanna watch... kinda...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
INCEST! INCEST! IT'S THE BEST!
PUT YOUR SISTER TO THE TEST!

p.s. i'm not going tomorrow because i got my beard back and i wanna spend some quality alone time with it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm impressed with mlg's top 8

biglou and esam? pretty good son! i am soooo bad with luigi in brawl... i should check out some biglou videos

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
sup bros. what happened to people wanting to play. i worked friday and saturday and now i'm on my mini vacation again. stop being ***s on 3..... 2...... 1.....

i'm impressed with mlg's top 8

biglou and esam? pretty good son! i am soooo bad with luigi in brawl... i should check out some biglou videos
Luigi is bad in brawl so don't worry. Esam did priy gud for a pikachu (chaingrabs all the way). He beat MikeHaze and almost beat our boy ADHDFoy. Wow the top 8 was all different characters except there were 2 MKs, but I am impressed by the variety.

If only Modesto had half a dozen good brawl players to play against. Actually does anyone even play brawl in NorCal anymore? hahaha.

Meta Knight, the meta game.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i was looking at the top 8 of mlg orlando when i realized i don't know the names of any norcal brawl players.

does norcal even have regular brawl tournaments?

also, i'd give brawl a try, but i'd wanna play someone who knows about the game too. if i played keith or anthony (neither of which are too happy to play it i assume) it would just be random attacks for the whole match.

i was looking at the top 8 of mlg orlando when i realized i don't know the names of any norcal brawl players.

does norcal even have regular brawl tournaments?

also, i'd give brawl a try, but i'd wanna play someone who knows about the game too. if i played keith or anthony (neither of which are too happy to play it i assume) it would just be random attacks for the whole match.
I don't know any notable norcal players actually. NorCal doesn't even have brawl tournaments.

Also the next time we meet up at some smashfest we can play
not
smash.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
norcal does play brawl, iirc zex still plays. i dont know whos the best lol

its just that no one in norcal is good on an national level

and adaias, if biglou can place that high, luigi probably has things he can do well. if that's possible, i wanna learn it cuz i like knowing every option

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I always thought luigi was viable in brawl. . .somewhat as much as he is in melee, if not more so

I thought zex was a player in vegas. . .

and isnt DP and meep known nationwide in brawl?

Though I could be full of it on all 3 counts. . . .

I want to play melee w/ someone

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dp is known for his melee falco lol.

meep doesnt really play brawl as much anymore i heard

and no, zex is definitely norcal

edit: so anyways i got brawl back guys, i can play online just hit me up on aim or something

not this week though, got hw

norcal does play brawl, iirc zex still plays. i dont know whos the best lol

its just that no one in norcal is good on an national level

and adaias, if biglou can place that high, luigi probably has things he can do well. if that's possible, i wanna learn it cuz i like knowing every option
The only thing I think Luigi can effectively pull off at that level is punishing hard with good SDI -> level 9 melee luigi nairs. He can't shield grab characters, has poor range, infinites, etc. I assume its more about people not knowing the match-up. Not like I've played a good luigi players though.

Well reflex has done well with pt before so...I don't know.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
somebody come play keith melee. i'm pretty sure he hates playing me even though he's harder than anyone in modesto by far accept for andre
i'd hate that if it weren't for the straw hat and double DS action. edit: TWO pokewalker things... too good
adaias, i'll play you brawl.

john, how was tourney?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
p.s. if i play melee anymore, expect me to whip out the samus, puff, ganon, link, or mewtwo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
brawl is a really legit game

just not as spectator friendly as melee

unless it's ally m2k, those guys are freaking beasts to watch

spenser, i made it to mixed bags finals

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I saw lol

i can't believe i didn't pull out a rain team 3rd game

i really should've done it, then i felt guilty about counterpicking and decided i wouldn't change my team

then i got swept by scarf magmortar

hehe, maybe i should whip out a cacturne of my own....
Cacturne is official server's mascot as in our gimmick. I remember scrub smogon complained about garchomp's broken ability of being hard to hit in sandstorm so we made up the unbeatable cacturne set:

Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Focus Punch
Substitute

If you attack, you get hit by sucker punch. If you don't attack cacturne uses focus punch. Looks like you're ****ed either way.

Also I agree that brawl is a legit game. You can actually shield pressure in brawl with appropriate spacing which is why I love falco and G&W. Meta Knight's aerial speed is a bit too slow to be able to do it outside of aerial -> tornado in back for their shield and run away. Brawl does have it's spectator moments when people are last stock, high percent and are looking for a kill but they both play it safe. Actually...I don't watch melee matches below finals unless it's like a player of high caliber playing another good player.

Top Bottom