• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

anyone pay attention to healthcare legislation?

or is this not a place to bring this up?

but I kinda want a place to rant
Yeah passed the House. Waiting on the Senate. I don't think it's THAT bad for now, but we'll see. Though it's pretty obvious it's going to cost more than the estimated $940 billion....you know how the government is or they'll add another bill.

I'd still like to know where all this money is coming from. John should elaborate, I'm here to listen.

edit: I should sleep

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
anyone pay attention to healthcare legislation?

or is this not a place to bring this up?

but I kinda want a place to rant
i seriously would want to talk to you about that stuff but i'm uninformed and i can't watch the legislation or meeting or discussions or whatever because i get really frustrated at how most of them are just repeating each other and/or being really ignorant/closedminded/illogical. i can't be a politician because i would suicide bomb the first public address i attend with any of these ****ing idiots.
yeah i heard about it a bit, but i was gone a good part of today smashing at keiths house. GGs btw
rj should have a smashboards account so i could tell him ggs on sf4 and i could talk to him about it.

anyway... i found out today that my autopilot beats your autopilot and your focus beats my auto pilot but i think our focus dittos are pretty fun. too bad they don't even last a full match most of the time. next time i'll try not to switch around as much. i feel like i have to switch characters after like 3 matches of the same match up even if it's still fun/hard.

also, lemme know next time if you wanna play any certain match up. i used to think you were really easy but now you're not. lol so you better come play me a little more often. (and **** the chaos of teams on yoshi's lmao)

SPENSER, COME THROUGH BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOU NONEXISTENT MODESTIAN!!!!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
***** i'll pick you up and go to andre's on tuesday
:)
or whenever andre wants us over
NOOOO tomorrow's like the only day of the year i have something to do. hahahah
fucck my dicck. i would say i can go early and leave early but you guys are likely going to play in the evening as usual. i have a friend that's doing stand up comedy and i really wanna go see him. stand up comedy is like the most interesting profession i can imagine.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
****. well i was thinkin relatively early afternoon but idk when i'll be able to go for sure

but prolly showing up around 2, staying until whenever. i might have to make a trip while i'm over there to go take my grandma to her yoga class...since i'm borrowing her car lmao

we'll see.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
A couple quick things. Sorry but I cant really go into detail right now as I have a limited amount of time and still have to read a decent chunk of a chapter for my ethics class.

actually, adidas, the senate's already passed the reform 59-40 sometime early december (9th maybe?) and it's the reconciliation act that will be going back to the senate in the upcoming week. Even though im not 100%, I think that bill only deals with a few details of the entire reform, which includes how much to increase margins on high-end insurance policies and how they plan to mesh student loans and payment plans together.
The main chunck of the bill will be on obama's desk within the next couple days.

Kenny, id like to talk too, but I am not too sure what you mean by these politicians being ignorant (im actually wondering which side you are referring to, if not both) by their constant reiteration. I feel, with the amount of time they have to debate on these kinds of issues, redundancy is just a regular thing, save for the occasional rebuttal here and there. Nothing new is going to pop out of nowhere to give them something different to talk about as they already cover everything excessively in the first few weeks. And, if they decide not to ramble on about the same thing, they wouldnt really speak at all and their public image and the strength of their opinions withers. It's kinda like a "whoever gets the last word in" kinda thing that will hold slightly alil more weight with the majority of the american public. As dumb as that sounds, That's kinda how politics work.
trust me, if I could take voting privilege away from a good portion of the uneducated, illogical, mentally zealous American public, I would definitely think about it

HI Norcal

HeYO shadow!
Hows not-norcal life working for ya? =D

dangit i wanted to play kenny lol he is better than all of u

kenny are u better than nick?
I am better than both of them. I don't know about Kenny. Last time I played Kenny the match up with like 55:45. Kenny : Suuwo. I'm pretty sure it's the other way around now though.

Reading rainbow all day. Andre's pretty good at getting read sometimes, but he's mad greedy when it comes to making edgeguarding choices which is good for me.

have you ever played me in a serious MM or tourny set lol
We should play a MM tomorrow. Choknater said he always played the ICs the same way he played them when he beat Mango so there's no johns about taking that back. Let's see the serious choknater. I'll probably lose, but I never know.

I'll get ***** hard if you play jigglypuff because she's SOOOO BROKEN

Also brawl MM would be good too though I haven't played brawl in like a month.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i havent played brawl in more than that haha

i dont have it so someone would have to bring it

and yeah i'll MM you, or anyone for that matter

edit: also, regardless of the kind of match you guys have to be good enough to make me get serious lol

last time i smashed, i was used to nick's skill level and then kim's peach gave me a hard time for 1 match, but then i stepped it up the next game. i like feeling like that, so if u guys are a challenge it'll be lots of fun

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
dangit i wanted to play kenny lol he is better than all of u

kenny are u better than nick?
we played semi seriouslies and i think we're close. i'll **** him if we mm. (hehe)
****. well i was thinkin relatively early afternoon but idk when i'll be able to go for sure

but prolly showing up around 2, staying until whenever. i might have to make a trip while i'm over there to go take my grandma to her yoga class...since i'm borrowing her car lmao

we'll see.
some stuff came up and i'm thinking i'll go play you guys smash (if you'll give me a ride). can i have your number? pm it if you don't wanna post it.
A couple quick things. Sorry but I cant really go into detail right now as I have a limited amount of time and still have to read a decent chunk of a chapter for my ethics class.

actually, adidas, the senate's already passed the reform 59-40 sometime early december (9th maybe?) and it's the reconciliation act that will be going back to the senate in the upcoming week. Even though im not 100%, I think that bill only deals with a few details of the entire reform, which includes how much to increase margins on high-end insurance policies and how they plan to mesh student loans and payment plans together.
The main chunck of the bill will be on obama's desk within the next couple days.

Kenny, id like to talk too, but I am not too sure what you mean by these politicians being ignorant (im actually wondering which side you are referring to, if not both) by their constant reiteration. I feel, with the amount of time they have to debate on these kinds of issues, redundancy is just a regular thing, save for the occasional rebuttal here and there. Nothing new is going to pop out of nowhere to give them something different to talk about as they already cover everything excessively in the first few weeks. And, if they decide not to ramble on about the same thing, they wouldnt really speak at all and their public image and the strength of their opinions withers. It's kinda like a "whoever gets the last word in" kinda thing that will hold slightly alil more weight with the majority of the american public. As dumb as that sounds, That's kinda how politics work.
trust me, if I could take voting privilege away from a good portion of the uneducated, illogical, mentally zealous American public, I would definitely think about it

HeYO shadow!
Hows not-norcal life working for ya? =D
i'll read this when i have more time. prolly in an hour. omw out the door right now.

I am better than both of them. I don't know about Kenny. Last time I played Kenny the match up with like 55:45. Kenny : Suuwo. I'm pretty sure it's the other way around now though.
so you'd mm me if i go to andre's tomorrow?

I guess I'll do a bunch of $1 MMs with all of Modesto if they want. So far I'll be playing Choknater, Nick and possibly Kenny if he shows up.

Keeping things a bit more interesting. I better not end up like those guys from Fresno that ask around for MMs and end up losing tons of cash.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
we played semi seriouslies and i think we're close. i'll **** him if we mm. (hehe)

some stuff came up and i'm thinking i'll go play you guys smash (if you'll give me a ride). can i have your number? pm it if you don't wanna post it.

i'll read this when i have more time. prolly in an hour. omw out the door right now.

so you'd mm me if i go to andre's tomorrow?
hey yeah my number is 209-261-4640

i'm probably going to head out sometime between 1:00-2:00, but there might be some complications that mean i'll show up later...etc. lol

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
MM next time we play smash. I'll show you the truth

(idk when that'll be though, I won't be able to do go tmw)
In regards to not going tmw... I can actually go but it would have to be much later, as in around 10pm. If that's fine I'll show up, otherwise I guess I'll just see you guys next time. Either way, I won't be there when you are Adaias so our MM will have to wait

I guess I'll do a bunch of $1 MMs with all of Modesto if they want. So far I'll be playing Choknater, Nick and possibly Kenny if he shows up.

Keeping things a bit more interesting. I better not end up like those guys from Fresno that ask around for MMs and end up losing tons of cash.
You seem to know the peach matchup pretty well, but since Kenny never really uses peach anymore you'll probably end up doing fox dittos. Idk who would win, but kenny's fox is undoubtedly more technical.

Speaking of fox dittos, Spenser should fox ditto MM if we end up playing tmw. Or just MM in general I guess lol

So i wasn't playing you at your most serious? It was obvious that I was autopiloting that first game, but after you reminded me that I wasn't focusing I started playing serious and seem to recall winning most of the games (until I got bored and stopped playing puff). I think it's much harder to tell whether or not you're autopiloting though because you're actually good at it lmao. I don't doubt that you're better than I am because you're certainly more technical and experienced, but I'd be willing to MM you too if you're up for it. Idk if I can beat you when you're playing at your best, but I'd be willing to try anyway.

~ MMs ~
LumpyCPU vs. Suuwo (fox dittos?)
LumpyCPU vs. gkinfinity (puff is gay)
gkinfinity vs. Suuwo (puff is still gay)
Choknater vs. Suuwo (adaias is gonna get 4 stocked)
Kirbyraeg vs. Suuwo (?)(I'd like to watch it lol)
gkinfinity vs. Kirbyraeg (?)(I wanna rematch son)
gkinfinity vs. choknater (haha, only if he MMs me in tetris too)

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
hey yeah my number is 209-261-4640

i'm probably going to head out sometime between 1:00-2:00, but there might be some complications that mean i'll show up later...etc. lol
aight, i'll call you tomorrow sometime after 12 to see if you remember where keith lives.
can't wait to finally meet you kirbyraeg
(a bunch of stuff)
hmm... i'll mm adaias and/or nick first. if i win one/both of those i'll mm andre.

so it's safe to assume all of the mms will be for $1? haha that's tight.

edit: and yes, my autopilot with fox is pretty good, imo.
we'll find out how much i was trying if we mm tomorrow. hehe

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i forgot to say we should have more than one set up at andre's. i can't bring a tv, but if you let me know ahead of time if i should bring a cube/disc.

edit: spence, if i don't call, you should still come get me. keith's address is posted on here somewhere but just in case you forgot and don't want to search for it, here it is. 95307 ceres (yayuhzz) 3404 st. gotthard way. i figure the earliest you'll get here is 1:30 so i'll set my alarm for 1.

edit2: sleeping in someone's garage is too legit. people can wake me up just by knocking on the garage door. skip the middle man at the front door. lmao

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok stuff to bring: spenser bring pokemon battle revolution

anyone: bring an extra setup, i gots a tv

if its too crowded we'll go downstairs as usual

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ok stuff to bring: spenser bring pokemon battle revolution

foy: bring your fleshlight

anyone: bring an extra setup, i gots a tv

if its too crowded we'll go downstairs as usual
i like downstairs more. we should just start down there. lol

i'll bring a cube and melee.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
idk when you're coming, spence.
i ninja'd keith's phone while he's sleeping but you didn't answer.
ima take a quick shower and i'll be ready.

also, if i'm awake (like now) doorbell is super effective. garage is sleeptime only. lol i'm confusing. i'll just call you again in a little bit.

Fun stuff. Haha I need to work on figuring out what to do after I successfully l-cancel an aerial and shine. Man I am disappointed in my fox in dittos. Playing against another fox just goes against my usual defensive playing style. I get outplayed offensively by Kenny and Andre when it comes to dittos

Top Bottom