• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

didn't you beat me on our fox ditto?
lol
I'm not sure if choking and getting killed by battlefield counts as a win for me. Then again I messed up too and killed myself at low percent.

Let's just say your fox is better than mine when we're both playing at our best.

Also I love double stick tech on reaction. I don't even have to think about it anymore

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nana's reverse dair is so good

sh reverse dair.... is so amazing

finally an option for floaty peach and marth

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
finally posting about tuesday

I feel so sloppy it's amazing

but I'm slowly getting there (there being where I want to be)

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
man!

you MAAAADDDD, again!

so how about this friday?

marathon session!

edit: why are only half of the avatars appearing for me right now? is it just me?

Foy

Smash Champion
Nah all the avatars got deleted or something.

Reupload that one. and if you dont have it, that would suck cause i dont have it cause my computer died. =[

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
ok, so I was wonderin. . . .

any chance you guys can get over to jr's place tmw round 1-2ish?

I know i seem like a broken record, but yeah, this will be one of the last times I have a chance to smash for awhile (last being cgc)

plus, I might be able to bring a couple new guys to jr's as well (dunno know bout joon. He' kinda old news anyways, tbh)

=D

but anywho. . . . crews mang! at JR's. . . . we can do it. . . if you guys really dont think you can, please tell me no, as well, please, as soon as you know. . . pretty pwease?
ima go back to studying now. . . . (portfolio management is awesome!) . . . .mind feels like mush. . .ketchup more so

edit: wow, just wow

edit 2: O yeah, btw, I need a decision to be made, if you guys can. . . . .1 or 2?
first one wins

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
1st, I WANT JOON

2nd, i'll get bored of smash if i end up going, but it'd be fun to hang out. i doubt i'd have a ride though.

3rd, 1ONE1ONE1ONE1ONE1ONE1

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I would go, but I've gotta be back by 7 (which means leaving around 6 since I'd undoubtedly bring other people). Can the thing at JR's go down on Saturday instead?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
im sorry, it really couldnt, I get on a plane at one on saturday

I think friday is happening, i THINK?

I hope to get there round 2

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
HEY hey !

im bringing two others, not joons

and jr is having some of his crew over, he says

im bringing another set up, im trying for 2, but not promising

and im prolly getting there round 330, with how its seeming to work

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when jr says he's having some of his crew over he means "when you get here go pick someone up and i'll tell mexican to come over"

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
lol i could see that

too bad i'll be too tired to go pick up more after i'll be doing 3 hours woirth of drving before that

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
haha so true lol

Hey john, random question- what do you think your best matchup is?

Edit: ****ing Mango dude. He's SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

No but seriously, he's ****ing ridiculous. I was just wondering to myself how good Mango would be with marth (since there aren't many people representing marth these days) and I logged into my youtube account to find that he had posted a set against lucky. Here's the first vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdARTdAhQJQ

I respect that marth. The majority of the current marths seem to be stuck in Ken's time in terms of the metagame....they don't try using some of marth's other good, yet situational options like upb and dsmash.

Yeah I want a copy of this hacked melee too

Haha, nostalgia is too good. I almost forgot that I learned how to wavedash and JC on my one trip to Salt Lake City in 06. The kids I played back then used ganon, sheik, fox, falco, and peach. Man, I remember this 8 year-old and his older brother would give us the business with DADS in teams. I used falco and peach that summer. I sort of forgot about melee after that trip. Watching bombsoldier get off on youtube was good too.

I remembered about smash after Andre brought brawl to my math class during my freshman year.

Also cool story bro

I'm going to see if I can pick up falco. I'll probably go visit the smashers in SLC this summer again.

Nick, you can learn how to play falco. Just know the basics....I think his combos are easy to do though most of them are not "true" combos if they have fast enough reactions. He's somewhat fun to play, but I think it gets repetitive after a while.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I know how to play falco, I just can't pillar well. Or at all really haha. I miss Lcancels too often. I just need to practice more (and I will) but for now my falco's pretty bad

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hey guys, thanks again for having me over, jr

there were some cool things that we did to each other
though I cant remember most of them. . . . . cough*that dair dair*hackcough* bair DJuair WJdair edgeguard i did on YS*cough!*

and nick, even though I felt as if my best MU was samus at one point, I havent gotten nearly enough practice to the point where im decently rusty at it now

I now think my best matchup is marth, by far. . .
mainly due to playing narf, kfc, and joon as much as i did/do
I might like it as much as I do cause marth's progression in the metagame has severely wilted since m2k days; even the ones who have followed m2k up to today sometimes try to play as perfectly as he did offensively, which never ends well
most falcon mains seem to like falco the most, which is odd for reasons

did you want me to mention anything else on it?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Nick even I can get off with Falco, and I'm terribad.

Here's what you do: set damage ratio to .5, pick lvl 1 bowser on fd and set handicaps to 9 and 1. Then practice your pillaring to your hearts content (also shine grabs, jc shines, etc.)

Also how did everyone else do at JRs john?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
hard to really say. . . will do my best. . .

seemed that jason did better than alex (russian) by a slight margin in matches vs each other and against jr (jason = 2 stocked mostly while russian = 3 stocked)

dont thinik i beat jr once (out of 6-7 matches?), save maybe one match

fta came over, i played vincent for a bit (went back and forth, give or take a few matches)
think i have an edge on his marth while his sheik still edges me out. . . . .

and right before we left, hymie again showed me how much i get thwamped by DK (even though they all came close, he won every match, including the couple 2-stock matches we squeezed in at the end)

i still have yet to play mike in singles, havent done so in awhile
played vs him in doubles and did kinda well against his marth and in general

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
shakezulla, wtf is the point of setting your handicap to 1? when he jabs you, you die... no point.

also, i'm pretty sure i'm moving to texas in a few months. i mean more sure than i've ever been about moving. gigiiggigiiggigiuuah

call me XiloTwo

edit: john, i just realized that you said you lose to jaime. don't do that.

edit2: i don't mean he sucks. i think he's really good (mostly because he's good with dk, not gonna lie) but i just feel like you're harder than he is. when i think about it, i shouldn't act like he's not good. he is.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
what?!?!?! but you cant leave. . . dont pull a foy on us now. . . . .

and I wouldnt say that being surprised that player a lost to player b is any detriment to player b. . .
wouldnt we be shocked as **** and telling mango to not ever lose to hungrybox again if he ever did?
hungrybox is still really good. . . .
odd example. . . but yea. . . youre not acting one way or another
iono, maybe its cause i didnt feel like dd camping that day and i got sg'd->thrown a lot. . .

Top Bottom