• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hahaha oh wow

mccain I do think you can make it to the pools right before brackets FOR SURE

how much farther you get than that is up to you!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
**** my ****

one day, i'll sit down and learn to shield pressure the right way.
i know how, but it's so ****ing hard to do.
i can't even practice it.

hrmm... i heard a while back that there was an action replay code for infinite shield. that would allow me to practice it. **** man... i'm so close to being perfect, yet oh so far away.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
for shield pressure, just consider grabbing them

or trying to get behind their shield while youre pressuring them

good thing ic's don't lose to shield pressure lol

people like jeff and armada will c-stick roll out of everything you do

if you can do double shines and **** in the middle of your shield pressure, then i'll approve

you seem to talk about the perfect fox a lot, but what is that to you?

cuz like, you really have to be careful of your definition of perfect against the peach, puff, or ic's matchup, which basically try to force you into messing up with random pounds and turnips and other random stuff

peach can just use her SPIRIT BREAKER attack by wding backwards to space (and fox is so fast you won't even realize she's spacing) and then doing CC DSMASH as he nairs

you have to consider how weak fox's punishment is against peach's or puff's mistakes. with peach, unless you're shine spiking her, it's gonna take like 5 successful attacks or combos or w/e, when one or two flukes can cost your entire stock

fox v peach have to constantly adapt to each other too, because certain fox strategies work well against certain peach strategies and vice versa

fox v puff lmao omg

honestly, unless you are AMAZING i believe at mid to high levels it's puff's advantage, at pro pro levels i think its like 51:49 puff LOL

Jigglypuff is too good. ICs are mad gay. Even laser camping doesn't work too well as the damage is split in half and ICs cover a stage in two WDs. The fox v IC is...dumb. Shine them to death and get grabbed to death, real exciting match-up right there.

Miztik

Smash Master
shine them *****es when they together its kinda difficult but if you can keep them separated and kill nana the difficulty lvl goes down alot

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
(long post)
even though i think fox is the best character, every match up feels like an uphill battle.
my 'safety first' mindset is lacking some of the pressure i need to play perfect.
i don't have confidence in hitting shields despite the fact that i get away with it a lot because nobody i play grabs or shines me when i do a nair>shine>wd back.
i need to throw more grabs in there. i need to be better!!!!
LOL i know puff, peach, and ic's can punish the balls outta fox for any mistake.
that's why my plan is to not make mistakes.

i'm not scared of ice climbers. i'm not scared of puff. i'm not scared of peach.

ANDRE

GET

AT

ME

Jigglypuff is too good. ICs are mad gay. Even laser camping doesn't work too well as the damage is split in half and ICs cover a stage in two WDs. The fox v IC is...dumb. Shine them to death and get grabbed to death, real exciting match-up right there.
i find it exciting. it's a challenge.

think of it from the fox's point of view. they rely on you to make a mistake. control is in your hands.
wavedash back...??? what is that??? teach me!!!!
mccain. this is probably the only time i'll be this serious in complimenting you.

if i decide to get back into peach (not unlikely), ima watch a bunch of macd matches on youtube.

Foy

Smash Champion
AFI is a band. And my friend wants to road trip to see them
and i was like YO THAT PEEPEE KID LIVES IN NC.

So yeah..>_>

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh really now?

My dorm is super small because I'm a freshman and all, but if you come during spring break or the summer(dunno when they're playing), then maybe I could let you stay at my house for a couple of days.

Lol when are you going to see AFI?

MacD

Banned via Administration
dam, i should watch idol in the background...

and pp is a freshman?!?!?! he's on the verge of leaving his young kid skills behind and joining us old people, we gotta show these bratty kids that us old folk still got some game left in us

MacD

Banned via Administration
as a freshman you are probably 18 going on 19 or already 19, you are definately leaving that kid status behind, but before you know it, you'll be 20 like the rest of us and just be like "wtf, 20, why do i sound old"

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
drpeepee

i never thought you were a good falco

but i actually paid attention to your youtube vids today and your playstyle and i realized that your spacing and positioning and reaction time is ridiculous

you have my respect now, not that it means anything

Top Bottom