• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto SSB-B/M Tournaments- Read page 176

Miztik

Smash Master
umm......so i guess you guys dont like jamie or something because last i checked he is still really good he may not be brandon or andre but you cant over look him

fta not coming doesnt bother me at all cuz they have another fta member in sac the only thing that truely bothers me bout this whole issues that the fact people believe modesto is only andre and brandon.....but fail to realize we do have also the best Yoshi in norcal and there are other decent ppl here such as Edy, and Kim.............i think its wrong for ppl to openly talk about how much we suck here in modesto (andre) but yet dont really make an attempt to make us better to where ppl would want to come here and play

Mexi hopefully you can make it cuz that we'll make the modesto ppl that suck happy knowing someone good wont mind showing up to play us

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
so...
it's confirmed...
i'm bringing two people to add to the pot...
hahaha
peter and william are gonna rock this joint with low tier written all over modesto!!!

and... i'm... good... too... please?

Zoap

Smash Master
I personally dont like the way modesto projects themselves. Besides Andre, Brandon and Jaime none of you have anything to boast about, yet I constantly see your opinions on **** no one wanted it on. You complain about nobody helping you get better? Well tough ***** said the kitty, I mean do you think I got good overnight or without traveling? **** when I started playing I sucked balls, but I didnt expect **** to be handed to me on a silver platter. I didnt expect DBR to help me and make me better just because we lived close. I constantly called Bob$, Germ and Zelgadis and then traveled 60 miles roundtrip to get my *** beat on. Modesto needs to stop complaining about how they suck and have no one to train against and get out and get more experience.

I love the Clix venue if anything it is the best venue I have ever seen. But the venue does not make a good tournament. If I had too I would say venue is 10% of the formule for a good tournament. It starts by having some good people coming or amount competition 40%the tournament itself including seeding hosts and overall having fun 40% along with food or other services neaby 10%. Sac used to be just like Modesto with Kev$ and Simna being the exceptions and Delphiki and them run their mouths. But they learned quickly to just be quiet and let your actions speak for themselves. Now look they have two successful tournaments series running and travel and compete decently. Before saying anything about how we should help you. How bout you make the effort to go out and help yourselves instead of accusing us of not helping you.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Zoap. I know I suck. I'm probably going to be one of the worse ones here. But why am I coming? So I can get better.

You're my hero now. o_o (I'm sorry Michael Jackson...)

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I know I have nothing to boast about, I don't boast about myself, cause I have a lot I need to improve on. I only wanted people to come to this one, cause it's possible that this is the last one at clix. I kinda wanted to go out with at least a decent turn out. It's sad that I we won't get the turn out I'd like, so yeah, I probably complained a little more than I should have, but I don't know why people started getting upset.

I do still wish I had gotten into melee sooner though, as to make more of a name for myself before it all ended. Oh well. I wish I could have gone to the sac tournament to honestly, but I figure I should stick with my own tourny.

in other news, anyone wanna play tomorrow night? practice for the tournament and such?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Don't worry. Before, it feels like the tournament is going to be terrible. But in the end it turns out great. Just look at the bright side of the earth.

Tell yourself, "The turnouts aren't going to be bad. We're all going to have fun at this tournament!"

Miztik

Smash Master
hahaha zoap you make me laugh...............fyi i wasnt complaining at all i just think its messed up on how much **** is talked about the rest of us, i kno it takes alot of practice to get good im not ******** but like its alot bigger than you think zoap you dont know the whole situtaion here you just know what you seen on the boards aite.......

im done talkin bout this **** i just cant wait to fckin smash on Sat..........................=)

oh btw i never seen anyone complain about how they suck its just openly said how much modesto sucks

iMichael

Smash Lord
I FR43KING sUKc aT sM4SH...mY M4R1O D03SN"T Kn0W hOw T0 W4V3D4SH B3C4USE I N3V3r T4uGhT H1m....A1l I D0 Is SP4m D4 b BUtT0N! 4Nd M4K3 rED C1RcLEs C0mE oUt Of H1S wH1Te GlOV3S!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Do we have time for Crews?
(Some Ideas: Low Tier vs High Tier, Fresno vs Modesto, Pros vs Joes, Random Crew)

Those'll be awesome.
Envy can record matches. :D

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
As far as I know, SpazTik is bringin his cube/TV/disk
Miz has his TV
Someone else is brigin their TV. o_o

And yeah.
DON'T FORGET YOUR OWN CONTROLLER XD
BYOOOOOC!!!

EDIT: DON'T GET A SCRATCH ON IT. HE MIGHT DO SOMETHING BAD TO MA SISTER!!!

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
well uhhh the main reason why im going to sac(which im not even if i can go due to money)is

1.FTA was cool enough to give me a ride

2.why smash here with the same people when i get the oppurtunity to play a whole new set of random people(and no not jus pink shinobi)

all im sayin i wanna go somewhere where i basically have to earn my keep in a tourney

and its good to get out of town do something different insteasd of the same old $hit

as for getting others in mofodesto better......if u think about it half of modesto isnt into smash much or everyone is TOO busy.....i mean ill help,,but u guys are the main people to control how good u'll get so u cant really put that on andre or me

and the main reason why people jus say andre and myself are best here(and i know its mean) is cuz NO ONE here has ambition to do anything or go anywhere,,i can give xilo and exception cuz he works but no one here tries to go ANY tournies out of town unless they think me or andre is going. For this town to get better overall is to simply play more/different variety of people and to prove we can hang with people like DBR/FTA no one here has proved that no even me(prolly jus andre)

but yea i aint made a post like that in days and im sorry if offend anyone

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
well uhhh the main reason why im going to sac(which im not even if i can go due to money)is

1.FTA was cool enough to give me a ride

2.why smash here with the same people when i get the oppurtunity to play a whole new set of random people(and no not jus pink shinobi)

all im sayin i wanna go somewhere where i basically have to earn my keep in a tourney

and its good to get out of town do something different insteasd of the same old $hit

as for getting others in mofodesto better......if u think about it half of modesto isnt into smash much or everyone is TOO busy.....i mean ill help,,but u guys are the main people to control how good u'll get so u cant really put that on andre or me

and the main reason why people jus say andre and myself are best here(and i know its mean) is cuz NO ONE here has ambition to do anything or go anywhere,,i can give xilo and exception cuz he works but no one here tries to go ANY tournies out of town unless they think me or andre is going. For this town to get better overall is to simply play more/different variety of people and to prove we can hang with people like DBR/FTA no one here has proved that no even me(prolly jus andre)

but yea i aint made a post like that in days and im sorry if offend anyone
I like cheese!

jmic

Smash Ace
Anthony, you have a really hard time conveying your thoughts and feelings over the internet. A lot of people misunderstand you because of that.

But anyway, I am bringing 2 full stations. So 2 TVs, 2 cubes, 2 discs, 2 memory cards.

SpaZtiK

Smash Cadet
Like C. Rabbit said, I'll be bringing a TV/cube/disc/memory card.
lol and the Z is capitalized, not the T.. Looks funky.

And for the record (since they haven't said so themselves), I'll be bringing a total of 3 peeps.
EDIT: Make that 4, wow. Ready for some competition gents?

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
I personally dont like the way modesto projects themselves. Besides Andre, Brandon and Jaime none of you have anything to boast about, yet I constantly see your opinions on **** no one wanted it on. You complain about nobody helping you get better? Well tough ***** said the kitty, I mean do you think I got good overnight or without traveling? **** when I started playing I sucked balls, but I didnt expect **** to be handed to me on a silver platter. I didnt expect DBR to help me and make me better just because we lived close. I constantly called Bob$, Germ and Zelgadis and then traveled 60 miles roundtrip to get my *** beat on. Modesto needs to stop complaining about how they suck and have no one to train against and get out and get more experience.

I love the Clix venue if anything it is the best venue I have ever seen. But the venue does not make a good tournament. If I had too I would say venue is 10% of the formule for a good tournament. It starts by having some good people coming or amount competition 40%the tournament itself including seeding hosts and overall having fun 40% along with food or other services neaby 10%. Sac used to be just like Modesto with Kev$ and Simna being the exceptions and Delphiki and them run their mouths. But they learned quickly to just be quiet and let your actions speak for themselves. Now look they have two successful tournaments series running and travel and compete decently. Before saying anything about how we should help you. How bout you make the effort to go out and help yourselves instead of accusing us of not helping you.
wow...
this is a great post...
i almost can't believe you took the 25 minutes to type that out...
but i completely agree...
i see how much i improve everytime i play somebody new who has a different style...
i know i'm too busy and i don't smash enough to get super good...
but i'm about to win my first tourny so that's a good start...
hahahahahahahaa

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
You guys are right about Park. Park, i love you. lol. Your Yoshi is sexy. You want a ride to sac too? You can probably hitch a ride with Brandon to Stockton and i can give you the ride to sac from there. That can be my final spot in my car

MacD

Banned via Administration
yea for tomorrow, tourny and hella business, but this time, i am not showing at exactally 10:10 because there was no one here....... unless i can get promisses from people who are going to be there at that time that i can cause i'd love to

Miztik

Smash Master
so whats up for tomorrow is it just Singles and Teams we could do some draft crews or something if were bored but i was counting in my head and we'll have if everyone goes who said they will we will have about 15-18 ppl so thats pretty good.....

as far as TVs go we'll have about 6 i think: Lumpy, 2 Jmic, Clix has one i believe, xilo has one, i think spaztik is bringing one also..........ill bring a power strip cuz most likely it will be need.....idk how were doing on cubes tho but reading over the last couple pages we may have extra cubes but it would hurt to bring just incase its needed

also i dont really care about the best in modesto because nobody here can take me ina game off Madden lol......the only thing that truely bothered me was how ppl kinda forgot that Jamie was still here.....Mexican was the only one to really remember him

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i've been shoveling sh.t in the cowboys fans faces since they lost. their lost gave me a warm fuzzy feeling...yup by my crotch. but i'm exhausted.

what up miz!!! tik!

Top Bottom