• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto SSB-B/M Tournaments- Read page 176

MacD

Banned via Administration
i am considering giong to the NCB on sat, i am not 100 % sure yet though, if i were to go, could i just drive to your hous and we go from there, i'd love to not have to drive and get lost and somehow magically find a freeway that takes us where we want to go

park5150

Smash Ace
I will go with you MacD as loong as I don't have to pay gas!! I am so poor as it is...I know how to get to san jose by heart,,,but if you guys need money then whateeevvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrrrr

MacD

how manyy can you fit??? and how many mpg does your car get

and so basically i traded a girl to get my friday shift and i changed it to sat, but now if i want to go, which really do, i need to get off sat, shouldn't be that hard but since it's thanksgiving tomrorow, we'll see

MacD

if you don't go to stockton, it should only take about a tank from modesto unless you get really bad mpg on the freeway like my care would, but my moms get more like 25-30ish (idk) and i need a little more then a tank up to a half but that is noramlly cause of stockton and getting lost

mainly cause idk if you need to charge 15 or not, i was thining 10, but then realized i noramlly have at least 3 other people which makes 30 anyways

MacD

yea i know it is,

and that'd be cool, my first logic was wrong though XD but i didn't feel like getting rid of it

and i wouldn't mind paying the extra little money to not have to drive

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kim beat me in a set yesterday 3-1 YAYUHZZZZ

i told you he'd be good when he stops playing on HDTV.

modesto rankings:
1. turkey
2. ChoKo
3. other food in thanksgiving dinners
4. choknater, hmw, park

lmfao this thread is hilarious, jamie you hella spam

MacD

whats choko or who's choko

EDIT:
argh, now idk if i can go, cause of work and college apps and school work

mainly cuase of work caused i'd have to find someone to cover myshift today before i left
i'd love to, i will know tonight by 8 i think

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
Gas is indeed very expensive, but I don't know about 15 bucks per person.

Math ftw:

MPG is Miles/Gallons
Therefore, Miles/MPG is Gallons

These calculations are done assuming there is only driving to the location and back.

15 Bucks per person X 4 for 4 people: $60
Miles from Merced to Downtown SJ (give or take 10): 120
Miles from Modesto to Downtown SJ (give or take 10): 89 miles

Gas Prices: Range from $3.50 to $3.90
If gas was $4 a gallon, you get 15 gallons in your tank from the 4 people. (60/4)

Assuming 15 gallons is a full tank:
If it takes you a full tank to go to SJ from Modesto, your MPG is 5.9
If it takes you a full tank to go to SJ from Modesto and back, your MPG is 11.9
For Merced, it would be 8 MPG for 1 way and 16 MPG round trip

If your MPG is around 20:
You could go from Modesto to SJ in 4.46 Gallons
You could go from Modesto to SJ and back in 8.9 Gallons
For Merced, it would be 6 Gallons 1 way and 12 Gallons round trip

You would only need about 9 gallons of gas to make a round trip from Modesto and about 12 gallons of gas to make a round trip from Merced.

9 Gallons X $4 = $36
12 Gallons X $4 = $48

Of course, this is assuming $4 gas, which we know it isn't. Premium is like $3.80 at most, and regular is around $3.60 per gallon. Also, we assume that it's only 4 people in the car, including the driver which I'm assuming is paying the same amount for gas.

So therefore, assuming 4 people in the car driver included, each would pay about 10 bucks from Modesto, and maybe 13 from Merced. If there were 5 people, it would be about 7 bucks per person from modesto, and 10 from Merced.

Without the driver paying for gas, 4 people would pay 10 and 3 people would pay 12 from Modesto, and 4 people would pay 12 and 3 people would pay 16 from Merced.

park5150

Smash Ace
Gas is indeed very expensive, but I don't know about 15 bucks per person.

Math ftw:

MPG is Miles/Gallons
Therefore, Miles/MPG is Gallons

These calculations are done assuming there is only driving to the location and back.

15 Bucks per person X 4 for 4 people: $60
Miles from Merced to Downtown SJ (give or take 10): 120
Miles from Modesto to Downtown SJ (give or take 10): 89 miles

Gas Prices: Range from $3.50 to $3.90
If gas was $4 a gallon, you get 15 gallons in your tank from the 4 people. (60/4)

Assuming 15 gallons is a full tank:
If it takes you a full tank to go to SJ from Modesto, your MPG is 5.9
If it takes you a full tank to go to SJ from Modesto and back, your MPG is 11.9
For Merced, it would be 8 MPG for 1 way and 16 MPG round trip

If your MPG is around 20:
You could go from Modesto to SJ in 4.46 Gallons
You could go from Modesto to SJ and back in 8.9 Gallons
For Merced, it would be 6 Gallons 1 way and 12 Gallons round trip

You would only need about 9 gallons of gas to make a round trip from Modesto and about 12 gallons of gas to make a round trip from Merced.

9 Gallons X $4 = $36
12 Gallons X $4 = $48

Of course, this is assuming $4 gas, which we know it isn't. Premium is like $3.80 at most, and regular is around $3.60 per gallon. Also, we assume that it's only 4 people in the car, including the driver which I'm assuming is paying the same amount for gas.

So therefore, assuming 4 people in the car driver included, each would pay about 10 bucks from Modesto, and maybe 13 from Merced. If there were 5 people, it would be about 7 bucks per person from modesto, and 10 from Merced.

Without the driver paying for gas, 4 people would pay 10 and 3 people would pay 12 from Modesto, and 4 people would pay 12 and 3 people would pay 16 from Merced.

XILO is stingy!!!

EDUT: I am going to Get banned by taking over the sac thread!!

Top Bottom